RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request]Aeon Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 78
RMRK Junior
Aeon System
9/4/2010

Summary
This is a request for an aeon system like in ff10. It means that, when an
aeon is summoned by a character in the party, every other character is whipped out of the battle, even the summoner and the aeon will fight alone. Aeon can learn skills from special options in the menu...
Aeon should have own items to learn skills (well, this is my own opinion).

Features Desired
  • An easy custom ways to create aeons and their learnable abilities.
  • Easy for editting items notetags to teach aeons skill.
  • More features like ff10.
  • Show an animation when summon and dismiss the aeon.(the animations must be different)
  • Compatible with Yanfly Battle Engine Melody and KGC Overdrive/Crimson Seas Ultimate Overdrive Script

Mockups
Summoning Aeon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo_7t_FxESI
Aeon Overdrive: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-414313060848368367#

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy 10

Did you search?
Yes, but I've only found some weird script and it doesn't fit the conditions i want.

Where did you search?
  • rmrk.net
  • rpg revolution
  • rpgmakervx.net
  • hbgames
  • google

What did you search for?
  • aeon - rpg maker vx script
  • aeon system - rpg maker vx script
  • ff10 script - rpg maker vx

RMRK Junior
I did see a request about this in this forum, but I want more complex than that. I'm not trying to repost the topic.

RMRK Junior

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Whoa there, bud, no need for frantic bumping after only one day.

RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Well, I can't create a script, but maybe some of what I thought makes sense to you and maybe you'll find it useful, although it's a bit of work.

I know there are some "in-battle swap actors" scripts out there... If you can find one that works with YEM, you could just treat Aeons like actors. Add a Large Party Script and you have your own party + Aeons.

Then you only need to find an "Item Teaching Skill" script (pretty easy), and a custom script for your menu that allows you to see your Aeon Actors in a side menu. This could be tricky in that YEM changes the main menu, and if I remember correctly there are some issues with Large Party and YEM together.

Insert a common event in the summoning skills, and one when the Aeon dies/battle ends/you force him to leave. This event shows the animation, and changes party members.

That should do it, mostly. It covers Overdrive, it covers animations, it covers the summoning aspect. You only need to work - or find someone that works for you - on making the scripts compatible with each other, and changing the menu.

RMRK Junior
I've already thought of making it with common events. But after i've done, it ran into many troubles. I don't have much time now, i'll tell later, on saturday or sunday.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Suguni raku ni shite aru
Guess it's not necesary a script for this whole thing. You might create a skill "Summon" and list your espers, aeons or whatever you wanna call. But of course, you have to create your aeons as actors as well. In battle, call a common event that ask if a certain aeon is in battle, or you might create an auto-state, so the common event makes the team to reapear only if your aeon is beated or dismissed. The complexity here is how to determine which members were in party before the summoning, since the event might be kind of long.

For customization and skills, you should use a script, Ok. But also, you might create an item usable only at menu that calls a common event, which has the options to learn skills and improve stats.
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
The old party members check is easily done with a switch for every party member. Say, switches 201-205 for your original actors or such.

Suguni raku ni shite aru
Hmm.. I thought about using switches, but also I believed it'd use a lot of switches, since I'm using about 22 characters in my project, but I might give it a try... It's a good suggestion when you have 4 or 5 party members...

Well, hope this might help you, sacred.
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

RMRK Junior
Here are the troubles:
First, I made 12 characters and it means 12 swiitch for each character, 1 switch to activate or stop the checking event when an aeon is summoned.
Second, when changing party members, it means I have to use 24 conditional branches (too much) for the call and dismiss event. I can't check it again if I run into problem.
Third, when I add an aeon to the party,( I'm using Dargor multiple party and party changer) it appears in the party changer scene, and it finally ends up as another character.
Fourth, about the teaching item script, it even teaches the character, and that means there's not much difference between members and aeons. In addition, I want a custom scene.
Fifth, for the stat raising, I want to make a relation between the aeon's owner and the aeon. That means when the character increases one stat, the aeon increases some percent of the points. I think that needs script, right?
Sixth, as I'm trying to maker at least 10 aeons, so that's mean I will have to make at least 20 common event, and each one with at least 24 common events??? Tired.
And lastly, not a problem, I want the sprite of the aeon to become larger in battle, by a customizable percent set in the script.
Thanks if anyone takes this request. And sorry if my English has something wrong, as I'm a Vietnamese, not English.

Suguni raku ni shite aru
The switching is a headache, but if you don't wanna use scripts, you have to do the job. Now you're using 12 charas, ask me how long my branches would be since I have about 22.

About your aeons as actors, you can't expect to create virtual characters then using them. You have to create the aeons as actors as well. If you wanna have your aeons' stats related to their summoner's, make a common event using variables for each summoner's and aeon's stat, then add a percentage of these values (summoner's stat) to the original aeon stats.

Now, your Teach-Ability item, you have to specify which character will learn. It's kinda easy if you use an auto-state for your aeons and ask in the common event if it has that state inflicted. It won't be a noxious state, just a state to tell the game they're aeons. Of course, you have to do a common event for each aeon, or a branch enough to cover all aeons (I'd make event/aeon)

And finally, the aeons' size... Why "customizable"? Why don't just have the sprites big enough? Well, this point, I guess, depends of the maker you're using.

Scripts aren't that needed, although they might simplify a lot the job, but since you don't seem to be accustommed to scripting, you should exploit all the ways the event handling offers before thinking about a complex system that necesarily requires a script. Of course I'm not saying you can't ask someone to make the script for you, but, if that's a personal project of yours, why don't consume all the options?