RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] ShoSho Art!

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for June 2007
I feel like posting art.  I only have really 3 recent ones, so I shall post those and probably update this when I draw more for myself (i.e. not for my game, nor for the other games I am helping with.)

This one was done on March 8th after I had gotten fed up with a certain site I do not regularly mention here:
Spoiler for It is big, so I put it in spoiler:

Still getting my frustration out on March 9th, I did this one just as a sketch of an old project, but since I have sketched it, the idea became a whole new project:

Lastly, I did this one on March 11th, and I must say I am proud of this one.  It is inspired from the song, "From Yesterday" by 30 Seconds to Mars, especially the line: "On his face was a map of the world." The orange lines on face = crappy map.  This is the same character from the previous image, just more detailed and more finite design. (Though, normally, this character doesn't have a map on his face XD)

^^; so, there you go.  ShoSho's art! Hope you enjoy~
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:17:33 PM by boe »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Nice work. I draw anime too =)

Rep:
Level 87
Oh, how fun.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Orgastastic

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
The first one looks constipated... >.>

Rep:
Level 87
>.> hmm, maybe he IS constipated, maybe that is why he wants to scream.

Fuck mandarines, I'm the real thing.
Rep:
Level 88
0_0
>.> hmm, maybe he IS constipated, maybe that is why he wants to scream.
Oh LOL.
Very nice drawings though.
Maybe some angles next? Not a lot of people have been doing them lately...

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You have a very nice style. It would be amazing if you put it to something original, and not anime.

Rep:
Level 87
Oh, great! Anime is NEVER original.  Of course, I AM copying from some fucking anime aren't I? So what if I have that style? To tell me I don't draw original things is just bull especially since it's all because of the style I draw.

But, whatever.  I guess I am not that original, I mean, I've seen exact duplicates of my art everywhere! Yep, no originality unless I look like Da'Vinci or Korin or some other artist.

^^ Thanks for your comments! I'll be sure to do something ORIGINAL next, which may never come because I just can't grasp the concept for original.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Well, I bet in Japan it's unoriginal to draw amercan cartoons.  But prolly not, who would wanna draw our cartoons, they suck.  Nice artwork, I like the emotion and the stances.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Very nice atwork.  :o
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Anime is a style that has been copied and run through the mill so many times that it isnt eyecatching anymore. I think you definately have skills, but I think that if you came up with your own style of characterization it would catch a huge amount of interest. I'm not trying to put you down, because these are probably the best pics i've seen in a forum so far, but merely trying to offer some opinion.

pokeball AiROffline
Rep:
Level 87
Anime is a style that has been copied and run through the mill so many times that it isnt eyecatching anymore. I think you definately have skills, but I think that if you came up with your own style of characterization it would catch a huge amount of interest. I'm not trying to put you down, because these are probably the best pics i've seen in a forum so far, but merely trying to offer some opinion.

Anime is a shortened form of the Japanese word for Animation.  By your interpretations of ShoSho's work, he would draw Manga (Japanese for comics) because it isn't animated.  The style, as you call it, originated from famous Japanese comicbook artists who attempted to copy the classic works of Disney.

Not all Manga styles are characterized by big eyes, small mouths, and overly dramatic poses.  In fact, comic art differs more than almost any other medium due to it's widely spread popularity and universal appeal.  Traditionalists would have you believe that, because Manga is a Japanese word, the only true Manga art comes from Japan, and Japan only.  Everyone else's artwork would fall under the category traditionally used for comics in their respective countries.  Keeping this in mind, ShoSho is probably not drawing "Manga" at all, but rather his own interpretations of comic book art.

It's the nature of comics to focus on the unreal versus reality.  Because of this, exaggerated features, mannerisms, and abilities are commonplace.  If you prefer realism, that's fine.  In comicbooks and fantasies however, the only limits are one's own imagination.  Please, keep that in mind while looking at such artwork.
"The Optimist believes that we live in the best possible world. The Pesimist fears this to be true."

Rep:
Level 87
Another little tidbit for you AiR, the original original Manga wasn't a comic-book at all.  It was made around the 17th century if I have my dates right from Art History class (which I probably don't) and it was just a guy's sketchbook.  ^.^

I don't think I am going to be changing any time soon, however.  Whether you believe it or not, you're the only person who has ever said that to me recently.  Everyone else tells me (even if they don't know me very well) "That's definately yours without question" meaning I do have a style according to those people (which include my art class from senior in which it was run by a teacher who hated anime/manga.  Yet, she considered my art my own, not copying.)  Even if it does look inspired by that, that shouldn't be labeled as copying.  A person has to always be inspired by some kind of artist, and even when being inspired, they can have their own style with it.

Sorry if I sounded bitchy before XD I was just a little fed up since I don't like it when people say: "great anime, now try something original" it is just insulting and inferring that drawing big eyes like that can never be original.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:34:11 PM by ShoSho »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Thats true and it was either story's or sexual positions i forget which one it is

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Very cool artwork. They are all great, and the third one is amazing.

Rep:
Level 94
Well, I'm not trying to force you to change. Just giving tips. Every art class I've ever taken, even for 3d art, the professors all said the same thing: develop your own style, because anime (Japanese-Style Drawings For Animation Purposes," for you people obsessed with semantics,) usually gets passed right over by people looking to hire artists. But still, excellent work regardless.

Rep:
Level 87
Lucky for me, this is a hobby.  I don't plan to make money off of it unless someone offers, nor do I plan on looking to make money with it. ^^ Thank you for the concern~

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh, great! Anime is NEVER original.  Of course, I AM copying from some fucking anime aren't I? So what if I have that style? To tell me I don't draw original things is just bull especially since it's all because of the style I draw.

But, whatever.  I guess I am not that original, I mean, I've seen exact duplicates of my art everywhere! Yep, no originality unless I look like Da'Vinci or Korin or some other artist.

^^ Thanks for your comments! I'll be sure to do something ORIGINAL next, which may never come because I just can't grasp the concept for original.
Cmon man, he's trying to help, dont be sarcastic..

You draw very nice.
Arlen is hot.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
If you don't want your art to be criticised, then perhaps you shouldn't of posted it up. You didn't take that very well...

Rep:
Level 87
Wow, I thought if any site it would be this one that gets SARCASM.  I do appreciate criticism, but I could care less about one that assumes I want make money on my art, which I don't, which means you can critique my style and tell me to do less anime things all you want because people will just look me over, but I won't listen. So sorry I ignore criticism like that! /sarcasm

Jeez, I guess I won't be sarcastic anymore because it's BAD.

And how exactly do you know how I took it? I could care less if he thinks my art would be better if I was "more original", I thank him for the consideration.  Oh, wait, I had a ranty post :3 that means I don't take it well! Whatever.  :D
---

But, seriously, before anyone else hates me and my sarcasm, I do appreciate his comments, though they are not very useful for me as it's only a hobby.

And lighten up! :3
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 03:14:43 PM by ShoSho »

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I understand holkeye's opinion, try drawing a few things that aren't anime, did you know that the simpsons are yellow for the sole reason that it is eyecatching when you flip through channels?  It is the longest running cartoon in history, and being original didn't hurt them at all.  What he is saying is that too many people draw anime, so try to come up with your own original style.

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
I hate you so much! Those are awesome!  I draw too but I find it hard to draw sometimes!  Kudos!!!!
Go suck a lemon! lol

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOL

Well....cum back.... Magnadudez.
Arlen is hot.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
i think ur art is very well done. especially for JUST a hobby. my favorite is the second one you have posted (from march 9th). the form is very interesting, the highlights move the eye around the drawing, and the color is very compelling. i love that kind of art. im also an artist, but i suck at anime, but i love looking at it.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Your drawings are nice.
But they're a bit not proportional (not to mention that I had the same problem and my drawing is worse than anyone else).
And because I've seen too many great anime artists in devArt, I can say your style is unique.