RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
DIVINE HEART - Artworks

Rep: +0/-0Level 79
RMRK Junior
Working Title: Divine Heart
Both the words ‘Divine’ and ‘Heart’ here is related with the storyline and the game’s system.
This was an idea for my RPG project I was working on about 4-5 years ago. It’s basically a potluck of previous games that I consider classics. It went to a point where there were too many ideas, too much ambition, and not enough direction (Also not enough time, resources, and determination, but you know the drill, so it was hella abandoned.). Feel free to add comments, criticisms, responses, suggestions, contributions that could send the project back on track. I’d be more than happy.

Some games that inspire this project:
Spoiler for:
  • Valkyrie Profile:
For the relationship between human and gods. VP has 3 different endings that’s related with a variable called Seal Rating (sealing Lenneth’s memory), and I decided to have something like that too, but more complicated (See Vileness). Also, the ambience of the project would be rather melancholic just like VP.

• Wild ARMS:
For it’s music and an unforgettable world map experience. PUZZLE is a big, fun thing here. Also a character would have bullet/ammo system, but it’s still optional.
  • Final Fantasy Tactics:
For its originality and effectiveness in battle system logic. The project will have less quantitative skills and spells (e.g. weak fire spell vs Ultimate-instant-death-9999 spell) but more qualitative skills (In FFT for instance, the skill Gained JP Up is among the first skills learned in the game but remained one of the most important throughout the game.)
  • Kingdom Hearts:
Just because I was inspired for the title to have the word “Heart” in it.

Some animes that inspire me:
Spoiler for:
  • Inu Yasha:
I really like how the main villain. Naraku, is sly and cowardly. Like my main villains, he’s either always using other people’s misfortunes or managed to trick to get his own hands remain clean. He’s always mysterious throughout the story and wouldn’t truly reveal his true self until some point in the game.

• Hunter X Hunter:
What could be better and cooler than a sly and cunning organization comprised of a set of people that wouldn’t be functioning perfectly if one is missing (like dinner utensils). The Phantom Troupe is the best example out there of a villain group that acts so mysterious, so merciless, so heartless, and oh-so-clean.  Their acts are a perfect combination of brain and muscles. In this project there will be an organization comprised of 5 people, each has an important role outside their org. and each is exquisitely deadly.

Features:

Spoiler for:
  • Vileness (Sorry if it sounds so goofy, totally changeable)
    Basically Vileness is an additional variable for each of the character. I want to make this variable a very important centerpiece for the game’s system. The concept is derived from Final Fantasy Tactic’s “Faith and Innocent” status and Valkyrie Profile’s “Seal Rating”.
    Each character starts with Vileness 50%, in the middle between “Pure” and “Vile”. As the game progress, actions that’s related with offense, worldly/mundane acts, and things that’s generally considered against the norm (stealing, robbery, or simply just saying the plain wrong things), would increase Vileness. As Vileness is related with offense, a character with high Vileness has better Attack and Speed in general.
    Things that can decrease Vileness (meaning the character is more synchronized spiritual, heavenly matter) include healing/aid, defend, praying or a visit to the temple, and choosing to sacrifice oneself for the sake of others. A character with low Vileness is related with Defense, and has better Magic (Divinity).
    In addition, the character’s Vileness can determine a change in plot, item(s) in a treasure chest, or accessibility to certain places.
  • Super” mode during battle, renders a character Super-charged, each ‘Super’ is unique and indicated with a glowing golden body (Yep, super saiyan). The context for this Super mode in the story is each character is affiliated with one of the Divine beings (gods), and this form is a blessing/ a condition when a character is closest to being gods. This mode is only temporary and the variables that allow this condition is not yet decided (most likely Vileness but also Enemies defeated? Items? A period of time?)
  • NO EXP, I don’t want leveling up system, where players defeat hundreds and thousands of enemies and wasted pointless amount of time just to get stronger. Any suggestions? I was thinking of something like upgrading and more about equipments. Levels are more related with ranks, and might be limited to just 10 as the max
  • Bounty Hunting: This is a side feature, and might be or might not be used. It’s additional missions, each with unique storylines and rewards. This can also be used to change Vileness, depending on what kind of job we take

Characters:

Spoiler for:
  • Commander: An all-around fighter who specializes in increasing the party's total offense or defense. He can also easily change the flow of battle by using strategic abilities, which sometimes if not used carefully can give disadvantages instead.
  • Guard Man: A somewhat advanced soldier who focuses in passive-aggressive attacks. Through different 'stances' he can deflect, avoid, and nullify enemy attacks and counter using the enemy's power.
  • Chemist: Part of the Army that excels in potions and medicines. He can concoct 2-3 items into a more powerful one. However, his lack of battle experience makes him quite dull in speed and offense.
  • Archer: Soldier who relies on eyesight and accuracy in winning battle. She is an effective attacker but needs extra focus, thus can't avoid attacks as agile as others. To some extent, she has higher Divine power and possess the rare healing abilities.
  • Sorcerress: A mysterious woman who can communicate with the underground world. She has the highest Divine power and has powerful offensive spells which are also equipped with curses. Despite her exceptional abilities, she is a poor hand-to-hand fighter.
  • Prince: The son of King Lombert VII is one of the best fighter in his country. He currently looking for someone who can rival his autodidactic spear techniques. He masters the passive-aggressive attacks and regarded as one of the most influential in the history of the technique.
  • High Rogue: Master of the Rogue clan who is able to use the summoning technique. This powerful technique depletes MP quickly and require extra effort to tame and capture the beast/demon before they're available for summoning.
  • Demon Sealer: A common school girl who wields surrealistic power. She has a talent in forecasting and fortune telling. Highly effective against spiritual enemies and demons. Some of her skills include hypnotism (possession of one's soul/spirit) and manipulation of time and space.
  • Kunoichi: Female ninja. Despite the assumption about weak female fighter, she can easily assasinate a single opponent very quickly using special fatal techniques. She has high speed and agile, but rather weak in defense.
  • Omegatec:An exceptional creation. The finale of scientific experiments. A cold blooded killing machine. She is specially designed to be the best obliterator. Has zero Divine power and is the ultimate representation of human secular achievement.

"Super"
  • Commander ---> Paladin: A holy warrior. Wileding the ultimate sword techniques by combining physical and magical assault. The holy warrior is synchronized with Grand Divina, thus having them together in the party creates undestructible formation.
  • Prince ---> TBD
  • Archer ---> Grand Divina: No description yet.
  • Sorcerress ---> Arch Mage: A special title gained when all elemental orbs are collected and combined into the Philosopher's Stone. Able to use the Four Secret Spells and posses Divine power like no other.
  • Demon Sealer ---> Onmyouji: Able to use a dangerous technique called Onmyoujutsu. This technique relates a lot with sacrfices of one's body or quality in order to gain a potent effect. If successfully executed, the technique can instantly change the tide of battle.
  • High Rogue ---> High Summoner: Able to control entirely over summoned beings. Synchronized one's spirit with the summoned being and renders the beast controllable during battle.
  • Chemist ---> Alchemist: Special title gained by mastering all recipes and having a superior intelligence. Understands the compositions of all material in the universe including human, thus recreating or destroying them would be possible. Able to concoct rare potions that never existed before.

Villains

Uziel, specialty: Disguise
Aline, specialty: Poison
Blanche, specialty: Modern Weapon
Kurzak, specialty: Mechanical

Screenshots (and initial plot):

Spoiler for:

The main character is a commander in an army ready for a war between 2 regions: Dankmarch and Zemager. He's particularly assigned in Blue Barrack at Feroland (Sorry for the goofiness).

Feroland Army has 3 main troops: Red, Blue, and Green. Each troop has its own specialty. Blue is specialized in tactical infiltration and information, and also engaged in battles but not as front-liners. Red is main assault team and Green is research database, aid, and machinery. There are 2 other Commanders and 1 leading General.

GPS mapping system

A hut on a hill. (Frabell Hill)

The cat as the narrator of the game

PUZZLE, big complicated one

dimly lit bridge during night

This scene is the beginning of a series of bizarre events that would lead to the birth of the main antagonist.

Battle Scenes

Intro to Title scene

New Artworks

Spoiler for:
Sorry, still learning Watercolor pencils. These are my first attempts with this medium.

Hero: Dupher
Commander of Blue Barrack, Feroland, Dankmarch.
A silent type. Dupher is not regarded by his troops as a commanding leader, but more as a trustful companion. His childhood background is unknown and was introduced to the army by his master, Belairon, who taught him all the necessary swordsmanship. He has 2 soldiers whom he rely the most, Skenny the Chemist, and Bordo the Swordsman. The three of them have successfully completed a lot of missions as a trio. During one mission, he met Karra, an archer of the enemy's legion. An unexpected event lead them to being fugitives and rejected by their home bases. Later on, they discovered someone has been framing them, not for money, not for prize, not for the war, but something else bigger...

Main Skills:
  • **Head or Tail - Repeated slashes with less accuracy. Inflicts a damage ranging from 50% to 150%.
  • **Temper Blade - Heat the blade in blaze of fire. Increases Attack power temporarily. Add: Fire Elemental
  • **Kamaitachi - Controlling air around the blade. Damages an enemy from inside, ignoring defense. Add: Wind Elemental
  • **Fire Wall - Creates a temporary barrier of fire. Approaching enemies would be scorched before they can attack you. Add: Fire Elemental, may cause Burn (10% damage each turn, for 5 turns).
  • **Fuujin - Renders the feet and hands light as wind. On the next turn, Dupher can attack four times consecutively.
  • **Red Hot - A sudden burst of outrage. Only usable at critical condition. Doubles attack power and speed. In berserk mode, Dupher attacks twice each turn barehanded.
  • **Kamikaze - A blessing of the Divine Wind. Sacrifices oneself to revive and cure allies. All allies' statuses are doubled temporarily.

Villain/Monster: The Green Demon

*NOTE I will update this bit by bit. Meanwhile, please do jump in. What's good? What's bad? What should be avoided? What should be continued?
Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:20:43 AM by esukamto »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Interesting... I'll be sure to keep an eye on this one.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, some of the mapping looked kind of nasty, but after the first two the maps looked pretty good. I like the features you have planned and I think you're going about it the right way by determining what features would work for your game; a lot of RM users just throw in any features they think are remotely cool without thinking how it interacts with the rest of their gameplay. But you have a good plan for it I think. I hope that you get back on track and to see this game finished one day. Good luck! :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 79
RMRK Junior
Thank you modern algebra! Now that's something I would call feedback. I guess the reason why the first 2 screenshots look nasty is because I was trying to make the map experience actually look like a large conference room in scale with the size of the sprites. But they do look bad, and making maps too big to fit the screen is not a good idea.

I think this project need more blast. It needs something (concept artworks) that can launch this game to the sky. I might be working on those artworks (since I'm an art student, pretty confident with my drawing skill, lulz.)

keywords for the game: Gods, Divine Power, Characters that can transform, and a haunting, hard life of the human environment. The characters here are actual heroes, for they would change the current sad condition of their world.