RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Valcon Sky: The Reopening

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
That's alright.

And thanks, LD.  If not, then I shall do whatyou suggested and edit the blops into black ones (or just stick with the things I am using now.)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah, no problem. but if i were you, id just maybe start editting on account of me having FFXII to play and school to sortof participate in.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I hate schooll.  But that's another matter..^.^'

I want FF XII...but I can't get it untill my birthday T.T that's December 3rd >.<

And yeah, I'm just going to use the ones I have for now.  They look good when put into use and serve the purpose I have for them.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hmm...yeah...

anyways, FFXII should be worth the wait, but we have a topic elsewhere for that. As for your monster sprites...what exactly do they look like?

oh...and ALSO...

O.o

are you using the default RTP style?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Am I using the default RTP style of what? the monsters?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
no, just for sprites in general. As in...the kind you can make on Charas or that come with it.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Nope.  I am using things from Treasure Of Rudra (from the Game: "Phantasia 2", made by J-man who gave me premission to use them.) and monsters from FF2 (DOS), various other FFs and such.  I can't stand the RTP for 2003.  I could use it for 2000, though.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ah...thats cool. I think ive seen that sprite style, quite well. What about maps?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I'm using a variety of different chipsets and such.  I am also using pre-made battle animations.  I hope that's not bad...or lazy.  I just can't make them.  I try and fail horribly so I use other people animations T.T 

Thats why I sometimes hesitate to post stuff.  I wouldn't if I had the ability to make them though.  That...or if someone made them for me (animated them, not the sheet-thing it's self).

Still...I have alot of planning to go into the story.  I'm pretty far in that stage though.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ah. thats cool. Yes...plan the whole story out first, its a good method. Anywho...animations are a BITCH. but thats okay...if everything else is amazazing ill let you get by with the RTP animations. THey arent that bad...not as bad as XP's at any rate.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
No,no...I don't feel bad about RTP animations (even if they suck horribly).  I mean I use other people's animations from their games (while giving credit.  I ask first, also.) I would never understand why people would get furious over that though...  I can only see someone (myself <.<) only getting mad if someone took my story.  That, out of all else, is the seemingly most hardest thing to do.

Of course if the original creator dosn't like me doing that then I attempt to make my own.

that never turns out good....

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ha..well, it just makes you work harder on things besides the core game, so it isnt advised...but anyways, i look forward to this...i mean...yeah. goodluck. Help is here if you need it, although im sure Yossy, for instance, would be able to help more than me.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, thanks.  I'm trying to make the story good.  It's not going to be mind-blowing, but I shall try my hardest (once I get schoolwork overwith -.-)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah....school's definatley up there with being bitchy. But...theres weekends you know...and besides, you can always think of it in those classes we all have where you do nothing.

Rep:
Level 88
I want FFXII but i live in the uk and will have to wait at least 6 months................
so dont say its amazing!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ok.  Abit off topic here but that's alright.  We shall now switch back to the topic at hand : my current project.  Now that my (very hard) tests are over I may be able to continue on with working on it.  Still, it may take quite a while for the first demo to come out.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Any info on playing time, demo release date?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Nope, not yet.  As of now I'm not very far into the game (not done the intro) so I can't really say yet.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
The screens look awsome, I'm looking forward to it! Btw, I don't mind RTP from RPG Maker 2003 or 2 or w/e, just rmxp. (Thats for those who heard me say I hate RTP before)

~Winged

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thank.  I shall try my best to get you a demo as soon as possible (without rushing anything.)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thank.  I shall try my best to get you a demo as soon as possible (without rushing anything.)

nice to know can't wait for it!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I might make this a semi-linear game.  What I mean by this is that not everything is lain out for you on a silver platter and that there shall be a bnch of sidequests to do and such. 

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I might make this a semi-linear game.  What I mean by this is that not everything is lain out for you on a silver platter and that there shall be a bnch of sidequests to do and such. 

thats how it should be. I hate games where you just have to go from point A to point B and kill the boss. You should have to get from point A to point G, each letter in between sidetracks you from your main quest.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, I'm going to try and make it non-linear.  However, it's not going to be like Romancing SaGa or Maia's game or anything.  It has a pretty strict storyline which I can't edit to much.  So, as a result, the entire thing will not be "roam around and do whatever untill you find something to do that leads to an event, do another, another, etc.)

Here are some more screenies:

^ A battle with two cave toads.

^Traveling through the cave.

^Screen of the menu for some reason.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i like how youre using a map background for the battle backgrounds, and overworld sprites doublign as the battle sprites, so the transition is almost seamless.