RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mathy: La Recherche

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Huge update feb 20, 09.

Now about 8 hours of gameplay, some sidequests. no more blue background, tons of unique skills + animations.
Project's rolling well again! Tons of unique/custom features added, and alot of glitch fixes. Will update new screenshots soon, theese are very old.

come every once in a while for updates!

please comment or iono leave a little something XD
it's free you know XD

2 NEW PICTURES OF MY FINISHED ''EVENTS'' ADDED DECEMBER 5TH 07.(see at the end)

-FEATURES(so far)-
-230 maps.(or about?..i got some that are incomplete)

-A mini map for my world map(see last picture) its displayable as the player wants it.
this is the beta of the event though, i have to make the design look better haha!
(i posted a tutorial for that)

-500x500 World Map

-tons of animations,skills,musics,puzzles and whatever else haha

-yes, a bestiary.(see 2nd last picture for an example)

-6 to 8 hours of gameplay so far

-ennemies(beside world map) are seen ON the map.

-MAYBE party members will follow the hero. this will cause a lot of problems though.

-probably a night-day system(lot of problems too although it's pretty easy to do it)

-New NPCs Event Method

-New Ennemy Encounter Method

-MUCH MORE XD

contact me for questions or beeing part of the team: holy.quebec@hotmail.com or pm me
(btw, working on a project in a team by internet is pretty easy)

Other informations and pictures about the game: read my signature and take a look at this link:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,18123.0.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:30:36 PM by Satan Lucifer the 666th »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That sounds pretty neat. I can't wait to see screenshots, etc...

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
there's a few screenshots so far(look on the link of the first topic at the end)
signature is telling where am i so far in that 3-years-in-the-making project.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
wow this are realy good like a professional snes game maker did it i love it dude u rock  :blizj:

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
awww thanks dollmage <3 i appreciate.
but yea.. it's been 3 years i'm on that project, 4 years i'm on rpg maker 2003 so i'm quite experienced.all i want is new people in my team so the progress will go faster =-/

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
New Screenshots added~

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I may by a rmxp user but I can tell this is pretty awesome =DD

Too bad I won't be able to play it...unless I decide to download 2003

~Winged

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
me and my partner are still working on it kinda everyday to progress in maps(176 so far) and storyline is progressing everyday as well. i'm really not kidding, I plan having AT LEAST 500 maps. I didn't quit in 3 years, I don't see why i should quit ;p

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
wow.....looks good! Can't wait...  :D

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
it won't be ready untill AT LEAST a year if i'm not getting any people, which i'm dying to get more. if enough people asks, ill probably release a demo. there's about 4-5 hours of gameplay so far, maybe a lil bit more.

Rep:
Level 89
A Year!?!?!.........Wait's patiently....... :(

(to bad im not very good at some stuff, only to make puzzle, maps (maybe))

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
if you wanna help, ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP, your welcome in.
lol making puzzles, i just made a puzzle yesterday. a 4x4 grid, which we have to push 2 rocks on the right tile. the thing is, the player might have the right combinaison, but the rocks aren't on the right tile still, they need to be switched.
btw i added u on msn like 10 mins ago, if you don't accept, it's cool ;p

Rep:
Level 89
oh you added me on msn...... tomorrow i will answer (brother playing an online game)

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
all righty thank you.
interrested in helping us anyway?
of course we're not noobs ;p, we just have plenty of shits to do on that project <.<

Rep:
Level 89
sure add me in  ;D (ill be bored this summer so this will keep me entertain)

Now to work on my project.......*runs to rpgmaker 2k3

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
good. i'll talk to you on msn later i'll show you my stuff around :)

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
i would love to help but............... im no rm2kr user xD sorry, but i wanna play the demo :D ahh think snes  :blizj:

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
yea i'm playing onto going on rmxp once i'm done with this once. i've been on rmxp for quite a while before so i still have experience on it.

about the demo, once there's enough people that wanna try it, i'll make one.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
3 people that i asked were on a glitch hunt, with me and my partner(makes 5)
in 2-3 days,i might relase a 4 hours gameplay demo.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Gimme the tilesets or I will kill u tbb

This looks really promising! I like the mapping and ideas. Can't wait for the demo to come out!
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 89
horray for demo!  :tpg:

....wait, im working with him.....anid i can help but since i dont have his project, ill be harder to help.  ;9

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
ur with me? i didn't know.
tought you had your own project lmfao.

Rep:
Level 89
you forgot? i even have your e-mail.....

and yes im working with a project but i can still work with yours

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
yeyea i know you have my mail, but by the looks of it you look to busy with urs.
it's okay..
i didn't know at the first place u had one.. ::)

Rep:
Level 89
busy with it? yes and no, because im sometimes away or helping in the house....

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
oh all right it's cool.

Rep:
Level 89
 ;D Mostly I'm lazy because my game will have 20 Dungeons!!!  :m: :luigi:

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
i plan on having 500 maps MINIMUM in my game.
so far i got around 180, so it's cool i guess...

Rep:
Level 89
yeah but do you know how many space will it take to make the dungeons if i decide to make then like Link's Awakening dungeons....

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
it doesn't take a lot of space. ressources do.
i have a total of 210 maps(some doesnt count still). when i delete all my ressources, it's  725ko. a new rm2k3 project is around 450. so it won't be a lot.

Rep:
Level 89
 ok then.........  :wiiw: I'm going to HAVE ONE:? YES! (for real)

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
kk seriously GG this project is really getting good.
look at the signature for more details.

and erm. yes,we're still looking for people. i just found some,but are they loyal =O?!?!
haha!!

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
ei ur, back WB and nice progress :D keep it up cant wait for a full release.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
thx Dollmage. it's VERY progressing now. i was alone for months. i lost motivation.
now that i might have someone else gave me lot of motivation.

mini-world map was a bitch to do.
anyone has ever done that? i've never seen one <.<

NEW SECTION ADDED(STORY) LOOK IN THE FIRST POST(Spoiler)
Prologue And Chapter 1!

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
prologue completed and chapter 1 almost done. be ready to read LOL. this is mostly like a book. it's not a copy-paste from the game.

UPDATES
--------------
CHAPTER 1 DONE!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
------------------
UPDATES AGAIN!! CHAPTER 2 HALF DONE(ty colt :) )
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:41:31 PM by HolyQuebec »

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Is it made with rm 2003 or 2000 (I'd love to help, but I only have rmxp and rm2k3  ::) )?
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Is it made with rm 2003 or 2000 (I'd love to help, but I only have rmxp and rm2k3  ::) )?
2k3 *wink wink*

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
chapt 2 completed :) ;D

Rep:
Level 86
I'm not very good with rm2k3, so forget it...  :-\... I only really can figure out rmxp, so forget what I said... But nice ideas though, I haven't really though that much about making a modern game with it (or is it "midieval"-don't answer that), but it sounds cool! Good luck ppl! Keep da stuff comin'!
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
how can you not be good with rm2k3 but be good with XP? haha.
they're pretty much the same, they just have different interfaces. it takes like a day or not even,to get use to it. I can even help you out bro y'know <.<

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
updates! chapter 3 completed! 4 to come soon!
Spoiler for:
ty colt for the hardwork :)

Rep:
Level 86
how can you not be good with rm2k3 but be good with XP? haha.
they're pretty much the same, they just have different interfaces. it takes like a day or not even,to get use to it. I can even help you out bro y'know <.<

Yeah, well maybe it's those interfaces. I don't know, but maybe it's 'cuz I HATE bad graphics when I've seen something with GREAT graphics (compared to the one with the BAD graphics). And no, you don't need to help me. And there are so many things you can't do which you can in rmxp. of course, there's the easy inn and vehicle system, and cool battle system, but I still like the other one. Ah, heck, I'll try to come up with sth, I don't wanna move off topic.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
okay sure i guess lol

if you still feel like joining me then it's cool haha.
I would like to do it on XP but i don't feel like redoing everything to be very honnest.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Hello Everyone, I am the author of La Recherche, Thank you all for the nice compliments! :) also, I would like any feedback I can get from anyone who is willing to give it. I am new to storywritting but I am trying my best. THANKS EVERYONE!
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I also just realized i was view number 1000 haha wow, =p I love you all
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
lol colt so you joined? + rep me xD ;D

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Lol I will as soon As I can bro, you power hungry lunatic mwahahahaha.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
i still need more people to work with us lol.
motivated people = impossible to find  :-\

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Well you know me, motivated, but not for rm2k3 lol. Sorrry :'(! Im still here for ya tho bro haha

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
sad face. dude its's fucking impossible to find motivated people.

Rep:
Level 86
I'm in (Hope it's all right...?), I might just be a bit slower than usual, but heck!

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Lol well Ill talk to him about it haha, I dunno where he just went lol.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
im here im here lolololo!!1
erm got msn dood?

Rep:
Level 86
Who r u talking to? U know I got msn, u already spoke to me that way. A sec, I'll go on. Just need to switch account (only got it on 1...).

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
lmfao true!!! sorry mate

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Alright, admist confusion, I am announcing my return to program work on La Recherche. The story will continue though.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I suppose this could be an update.

We are currently Integrating elements from my story into the game.

Thank you all who have considered to help us on our project. I hope we can garner more help in the future from all of the people faithful to helping on this forum.

Rep:
Level 86
Can you use a lottery system using 2 variables, and being really easy to costumize (so that you can choose how many prices there are per day, and how easy it is to win...)? I created this myself, and I'm still improving it. I have a demo, if u're interested...

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Thanks for the offer. We already have the capability to do that though. I appreciate you coming to us with that. <3

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
you could always show it to me if you want. :)
my game's rollin' again,yay!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
This looks to be interesting...

I'm not much of a RM2k3 person, but if you ever need any resources or anything, let me know. Anything to get this project moving.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Thanks. We need all the help we can get. Well if you want to help, we are looking for a good faceset, of an elf with dark green hair, and looks more serious then the one in the RTP. He will be the second main character in the story, so I really dont want to use Charas for it haha.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Something perhaps like this?

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Close, but the Elf has darker, like Evergreen colored hair, and I suppose his face is a slightly meaner serious, instead of perceptive like that one. Hes the kind of person who likes to bash on other races that arent his own if ya know what I mean. Close though. Thanks for looking. <3

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Darker hair and personality...

Does this look better, or should I keep editing?

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I Think That works. o.o. *Bows* you are the coolest person ever you know that right.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Your mapping is bland.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
*Bows* you are the coolest person ever you know that right.

Try telling that to all of the furry haters here. Oh well, here's the faceset for that face. I got the base from here, so credit them for it if you want. Hope it's good enough for you.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:58:34 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
lol damn furry haters  :mad: Thanks again

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
zylos,this is seriously awesome.
thanks a lot. if you wanna help get this project MOVING, there's one thing i've been trying to do, but I Failed =( check out this link

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23692.0.html

yes, it's suposed to match the elf above that you posted

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
@ Anski Your right, some of it is bland. We have some things coming up though that could change that. Including some neat effects for certain areas.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Well it's not horrible, but it could use a little touch ups. I would have to see the rest of it though.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
here. how about this?
it's not the gameplay, but there's sunshines effects in it.

Rep:
Level 98
Well the waterfalls are cool and all but they can't physically come from just a lone tower of rock. Water can't actually move up that far. I suggest a wall of rock there?  :=:

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Actually I think those are supposed to be rivers right mat? I guess I could be wrong

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
you are haha. but i'm not done with the map anyway.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
400th post yall. I just wanted to mention that the game is going very well again. Also, that we have tinkered with some sound events, and I think you will like the outcome :p

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
400th post yall. I just wanted to mention that the game is going very well again. Also, that we have tinkered with some sound events, and I think you will like the outcome :p

we?

ME!!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

You post a lot! :P

That's a good thing though :D

Rep:
Level 86
you could always show it to me if you want. :)
my game's rollin' again,yay!

Well it's not THAT good. And yes, anyone could do that easily, and so far I've used a lot of swicthes (more than would be really needed actually), so I think I'll update it a bit first... You know, I don't think I can help, I can't do advanced stuff with this. I'm going back to work on DB 2 (WITHOUT scripts until I've tested if they all work together...). Good luck on this! Hope it turns out great.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
@ Modern: yes, Domino is a posting whore  :D

@ Demonic: I'm the one that takes care of the advanced stuff, don't worry about it =P

Rep:
Level 86
So SHOULD I post it? It's awfully messy...

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
So SHOULD I post it? It's awfully messy...
sure if you want. or send it to me on msn or whatever that won't be a prob.

Rep:
Level 86
Okay, here ya go. It's just sth thrown together quickly ppl, don't expect me to be so bad as to be able to do nothing better than that!

EDIT: Sry, gotta get it onto Megaupload or something like that. I'll get it there tomorrow...

Second EDIT: Forget it, don't get how to upload it (U can't upload folders...).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:04:46 PM by Demonic Blade »

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Okay, here ya go. It's just sth thrown together quickly ppl, don't expect me to be so bad as to be able to do nothing better than that!

I don't wanna seem like an Idiot, but what's that suposed to mean?! :o

Rep:
Level 86
Oh, sry, it was because I was on the wrong account, so I changed, but then I had to do sth else (eat dinner or sth like that I think) and I forgot about it. Just a sec...

EDIT: Sry, gotta get it onto Megaupload or something like that. I'll get it there tomorrow...

Second EDIT: Forget it, don't get how to upload it (U can't upload folders...).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:04:29 PM by Demonic Blade »

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Mathy    sth=something

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.

Rep:
Level 89
hmm... the waterfalls needs a little work, how bout putting the place behind a big waterfall (If i have the chipset your using for the place, i can try to make it)

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
i've re-done it. this is an old picture.

Rep:
Level 89

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
updates:
230 maps
about 20-30 added mins of gameplay
2nd hero is in the game(just waiting for zylos now wink wink)
new effects in cave(water drops)
first village(wokia) completly remade

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Heyyy it's still alive =<

Rep:
Level 97
OK, I'll move it back.