RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Are The Public of America Slightly out of Touch with the world

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Why would the governments want the people to be overly knowledgeable about current events? Why would the government want them questioning this and that and wondering about such and such occurance, and why it handled this that way and so on and so forth.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
They wouldn't. I'm just saying, it would be better for everyone if they did.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Why would the governments want the people to be overly knowledgeable about current events? Why would the government want them questioning this and that and wondering about such and such occurance, and why it handled this that way and so on and so forth.

Yeah, it's not like that's what we SHOULD be telling them, or that that's what the fucking country was FOUNDED on or anything.

My government pisses me off. I didn't even watch the video because I've seen it in a bout twenty different forms about a hundred times all ready.

Those people do not represent America, Americans, or anything of the like. Yes, we may be patriotic, but pretty much the WHOLE country is against the white house's decisions right now. Notice I DIDN'T blame Bush, because I'm pretty sure he's just a front. That's a different story, one I won't go into, but by my saying it I mean to convey that we as a people do NOT blindly follow behind our insane government. Slowly, we are losing our rights, our freedom, and our dignity, and it pisses us the fuck off! Don't sum us up because of what a couple of fucktards in fancy suits did with their excess of power.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
I don't like your use of the word "us", Arrow. My opinions are different from yours.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, that was wrong of me. I apologize, I just got upset, because I hate it when people do this. It's not as if I run around spouting stuff like TEA TIME, PIFF PUFFLE all day, you know? Why stir shit? But yeah, I when I said us, I meant myself and many of the people whom I have sat down and discussed the matter with.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Uh...you guys are taking a video filed under COMEDY as something serious.

I can say that no average American is that stupid, they probably just payed some people money. Or found a bunch of retards.

Most people in America hate bush, the Republicans (Bush Lovers), lost their majorities to the Democrats (Bush Haters), and any Republican who wants to run again for office, or become president is having to make compromises with the Democrats.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
How many sides does a triangle have? 3. These people are oviously being payed unless they are mental. I'm a 14 year old American and I could answer all of those questions. This video is obviously edited and or they payed the people.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
How many sides does a triangle have? 3. These people are oviously being payed unless they are mental. I'm a 14 year old American and I could answer all of those questions. This video is obviously edited and or they payed the people.

If you're surprised or nervous you can forget even the simplest things. How would you react to having a TV camera pointed at your face while asked strange questions? When I get nervous I become tongue-tied and forgetful; a non-sequitur like "How many sides does a triangle have?" would require a moment's thought.

Rep:
Level 96
If a guy came up to me with a camera, I would walk away. I hate them.

Rep:
Level 88
and not all Australians wear dungarees

I actually didn't know what a dungaree was and I live in Australia. o_O

Guess what? This says almost nothing about Americans in general.

Of course not, if you're going to quote my posts at least quote something related, I wasn't talking fact and I made it clear. In fact in almost all my posts I've said something along the lines of: 'Country doesn't judge a person'. Yet you seem to ignore that part just so you can complain.

. You are the ones being arrogant for saying what amounts to "Typical stupid Americans! We're so much better than them!"

Thanks, for the generalization. One problem, what is You? Are you saying the whole world looks down on Americans?

Yes but the Majority of Americans are over patriotic, with patriotism comes pride, a sin no doubt because it causes one to ignore the truth because of their own blinded agenda.

Mmm, that's good stereotype!

If you are American, I suggest you shut up about stereotypes. Considering Americans have made an extremely inaccurate one for us Australians (which only Paul Hogan and Steve Irwin have followed).

Eh... do you think people gain ego out of living in a country?
Of course. Look at the people in this very thread.

Eh... I have been defending you. So this obviously isn't directed at me.

Whilst American may be the most powerful (I wouldn't actually know), it apparently isn't the best place to live due to crime rates.

Yet another stereotype. While the US has  more crime than the utopia you've created for yourselves in Europe, it doesn't deserve to be made out to be some sort of gigantic Somalia. Billions of people throughout the world dream of having crime rates like ours.

I'm not in Europe. Here is a grand example of trying to judge me by the way I act and putting me in a country. You're just as bad as Saucy and LOS.

Note: I say this is Intelligent discussion.
It's more like a bunch of arrogant Europeans and an Australian looking down on a country as nothing but a collection of idiots.

I'm not arrogant and I don't think Americans are all idiots. Read my posts before you decide for yourself whether I am arrogant or not.

Edit: Djangonator, of course all Aussies wear dungarees. Also, they all wrangle crocodiles, had two weeks of mourning for Steve Irwin when the stingray got him, and use kangaroos instead of cars. Did I mention they're all criminals? It's in the genes!

LMAO! :P You've made a good point about the country thing, better than I managed obviously (or Jesus Hitler has chosen to dodge my posts).

I knew the answers to pretty much all of those questions. To base an opinion of all the people of a country on the idiocy of a few is the epitome of ignorance.
That said, I feel that the average american citizen IS out of touch and doesn't really know what's going on. It's a pretty big problem. More Americans probably tuned in to watch American Idol last night than did the state of the union a few hours earlier. Still, I don't see how this makes us so much different. I can't help but imagine that the majority of your respective countries are also ignorant of current events. People don't care enough and governments don't try hard enough to make them care.

Thank you for the only intelligent post. :)

This video is obviously edited and or they payed the people.

Of course (repeating my view for Jesus Hitler).

Rep:
Level 88
I Kill, Therfor I Am.
see in the last say, 2-3 years i have become more politically aware of what goes on here(America), the country is ran by the rich who only make it into office because they have the money, the majority of our youth, witch i am part of but do not cast myself to this group and i refuse to, is completely ignorant of what goes on beyond 100 miles from them, they couldn't tell you 1 major topic from the state of the union that was aired 2 days ago, and are allowed to vote uneducated.

the issue is that you cannot prove weather a person is uneducated to the point of removing their rights to vote and this would contradict our founding fathers basic believes in part, though, they only intended the rich to have power any ways because only those who owned land could vote.

another key issue is now that America lets the media form their opinions for them and do not think freely so they think that other countries are cool with America and there is no international problem other than the war on terror

i live in Michigan, near Detroit and i hear people all the time fsk Canada, Canada is not a real country etc, in my stating this it allows me to disprove the point that American is over patriotic, when half the people i know didn't know it was veterans day and Canada's equivalent they all wear popie blossoms on their shirt to show respect, we cant even remember the day that it occurs

another issue with America is the fact that because the rich run the country they exploit it for their own personal gain, when is the last time we have had a Great President, some one who was loved by almost all of the people, who wasn't artificial some one who let the country know yes I'm the president, ill do my job, but i have a life of my own, but i wont use my status as an excuse to get things, or get away with things

out of touch with the rest of the world in a majority sense i would say yes

our country from what it was 40 years ago is pretty FUBAR, we used to be the most powerful nation in the world, now we are just second rate, we couldn't even continue on our own if china placed a trade embargo on us

i love my country but i want major change
Code: [Select]
[code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code]
[/code] OMG WTF?? [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code]

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Many of the people shown in the video are from Texas... But later into the video, I am sure I see the white house and an area of California in the background.

If you read my first FEW posts you will see I have said NOT the WHOLE of the American public, most a majority...

I have even posted a Video on Chav's in England... A Vast Majority of KIds in the north of England (Manchester, Liverpool etc...) Find the Chav status pretty cool...

Down south there is very little amount of Chav's, more Goth's than Chav's... So I know its not fair to place a braod sweeping lablel...

But in the video in the first post he asks people from different ethnic groups and Ages SIMPLE questions that even the TELETUBBIES could answer better...

And my only real question is, are a majority of Americans a little out of touch with the rest of the World... Read the Topic title...

Largo Usagi
out of touch with the rest of the world in a majority sense i would say yes

Thats the sort of Answer I was looking for...

This Topic is fairly pointless to a degree, but at the same time worring... The part at the end (last 30 secs or so) is the part I found very alarming... The trust in Bush is still very strong amoungst those interviewed...

I know America is a MASSIVE place and the people and ratio is going to be very mixed... you have, in my opinion, the worlds Smartest and Dumbest people living there... But I am not interested in both ends of the spectrum, I am intresested in the middle ground, the Average Joe Public... those that Vote and back and help America to police the planet with out knowing SOD all about it...

I don't like knowing that a majority (and its their votes that count) to if or if not a country will get invaded... And the last part of the Video shows the majority would back a War against pretty much any nation, and they will back Bush in that decission.

Lots of countries outside of America have GOOD reason to fear the USA.

And its not just cuz of Bush... its the fact he has backing.

(May be I am taking things to far... and reading into this too much, but I fear the USA will end the world as we know it one day)...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:00:30 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
I Kill, Therfor I Am.
LOL fear not, the US cant end this world, we are to economicaly fucked because of the middle east, not the war but because of the gas prices they give us go up 20-30 cents randomly because they feel like it, we depend on china for everything now and if they placed trade sanctions on us we would fall into a depression.

the number one country any one should fear is north Korea, because they want nuclear weapons and long range balistic missiles and they want to use them to get there point across, because they are bad at negotiation and the key of negotiation is to come from a point of advantage, regardless of how many we have, the end of z world joke, we wont use them, a state like North Korea though, i wouldn't doubt if they would think twice about launching one

what i want to happen with us, the US is to completely remove ourselves from Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa (All Places) leave private charities to helping the people over there, stop giving the EU lots of cash (sorry you have a stable economy you don't need us to give you extra money), and basically get the fuck out of everyone else business.  so what if we aren't there they will kill each other, so what if they have a cruel unjust dictator, they don't want our help, so leave them to their own devices, and place heavy tariffs on imports that do the same to our exports (CHINA). all of that will stabilize our economy and have less people pissed with use cuz we aren't in there shit
Code: [Select]
[code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code]
[/code] OMG WTF?? [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code]

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Largo Usagi - Thats Mental... Thats exactly how I think about the whole thing... Just let each country do their own thing. And if they screw up or what ever its their own fault.  Its the only way people will ever learn, and thats by making the mistakes.

I don't fear North Korea... They could be wipped out within a month should they launch a Nuke... And for that reason they wont launch one.

I know this is kind of Unrelated, By I am trying to show there is an air outside of America shared by pretty much every nation, and its seems to be world spread.  I think should America continue as it is the Air of fear/distrust could get worse... Many people have a simular View... Even in the first Video I posted, I know he says what he does as a Joke but there is some truth in it "We back the USA, cuz we know whats good for us".

Watch this video, this guy raises some points in a very Comical way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LscOa4IY0IA

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 11:35:45 AM by landofshadows »

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
see in the last say, 2-3 years i have become more politically aware of what goes on here(America), the country is ran by the rich who only make it into office because they have the money, the majority of our youth, witch i am part of but do not cast myself to this group and i refuse to, is completely ignorant of what goes on beyond 100 miles from them, they couldn't tell you 1 major topic from the state of the union that was aired 2 days ago, and are allowed to vote uneducated.

Your revelations have blown me away. Only the rich get elected? Well at least it isn't that way in other countries, right? :V I don't see why knowing a lot of useless facts about a particular nation (like the names of their currencies) should be more important than a knowledge of regional events. Some people just don't have time to learn about the world. Which is more important to an average person: embezzlement in the local government or the reintroduction of democratic government in Nepal?

posted, I know he says what he does as a Joke but there is some truth in it

You love posting ridiculous shit and saying "I know it's not [blank], but there iss some truth to it." How about you post something that is all truth instead of just some?

Rep:
Level 88
You love posting ridiculous shit and saying "I know it's not [blank], but there iss some truth to it." How about you post something that is all truth instead of just some?

How about you post something worth reading.

Which is more important to an average person: embezzlement in the local government or the reintroduction of democratic government in Nepal?

Goes without saying.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:47:01 PM by ataraxy2 »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91

I don't read any of Jesus Hitlers Posts... its not worth reading them... Not after he called me a twat and a Cunt.

I know pretty much what they say though... He always attacks peoples opinions and goes on about how we should work on facts rather than our own minds.  And then calls us Ignorant or attacks with a whole host of insults if we don't in part agree with him.

___Back on Topic___

I think the main point I am trying to get across to the people in the USA people view them differently to they did say 10 years ago... I remember wanting to live in New York or Canada when I was younger... Canada is still an Option, GREAT place and Fantastic people.  America on the other hand seems to have so much bad press and stigma attached to it now... I see it as a very tacky country, very over emotional people to a point its fairly scarey, the people seem overly wound up in becoming some thing.  I can't put a finger on it... There seems to be some thing in the American people thats slowly changing... Like a build up of Fear, due to the Media and changing of the peoples ways...

So in part may be the country we live in does change people.

Try Watching this Video on Fear and Guns:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsOlN9oyD-w

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Guess what? This says almost nothing about Americans in general.

Of course not, if you're going to quote my posts at least quote something related, I wasn't talking fact and I made it clear. In fact in almost all my posts I've said something along the lines of: 'Country doesn't judge a person'. Yet you seem to ignore that part just so you can complain.

Perhaps you should reread your own posts. It's clear that you have a low opinion of the entire country even though you say that you aren't judging all of us.

. You are the ones being arrogant for saying what amounts to "Typical stupid Americans! We're so much better than them!"

Thanks, for the generalization. One problem, what is You? Are you saying the whole world looks down on Americans?

I was talking about the people in this thread, genius.

Yes but the Majority of Americans are over patriotic, with patriotism comes pride, a sin no doubt because it causes one to ignore the truth because of their own blinded agenda.

Mmm, that's good stereotype!

If you are American, I suggest you shut up about stereotypes. Considering Americans have made an extremely inaccurate one for us Australians (which only Paul Hogan and Steve Irwin have followed).

Why did you get pissed? Because I pointed out your hypocrisy? Some Americans may be ignorant about Australia but that's only because the two most well-known Australians are both bogans (though Dr. Chase might change that  :D ), not because there's some kind of defect in our character.

Eh... do you think people gain ego out of living in a country?
Of course. Look at the people in this very thread.

Eh... I have been defending you. So this obviously isn't directed at me.

I haven't seen you defending Americans.

Yet another stereotype. While the US has  more crime than the utopia you've created for yourselves in Europe, it doesn't deserve to be made out to be some sort of gigantic Somalia. Billions of people throughout the world dream of having crime rates like ours.

I'm not in Europe. Here is a grand example of trying to judge me by the way I act and putting me in a country. You're just as bad as Saucy and LOS.

I am judging you by the way you 1) speak English natively, 2) say you aren't American, and 3) seemed to know nothing about Americans, which means that you aren't Canadian. Since most non-American native speakers are from England, I made an assumption.

It's more like a bunch of arrogant Europeans and an Australian looking down on a country as nothing but a collection of idiots.

I'm not arrogant and I don't think Americans are all idiots. Read my posts before you decide for yourself whether I am arrogant or not.

I have and I did.

That said, I feel that the average american citizen IS out of touch and doesn't really know what's going on. It's a pretty big problem. More Americans probably tuned in to watch American Idol last night than did the state of the union a few hours earlier. Still, I don't see how this makes us so much different. I can't help but imagine that the majority of your respective countries are also ignorant of current events. People don't care enough and governments don't try hard enough to make them care.

The problems in America are present throughout the Western world. Singling the US out for it is just dumb.

You and others like saying that but I'm not the one who has said nothing useful in this thread. My posts are worth reading because I don't base my opinions in nonsense like anti-Americanism. Why don't you condemn your own government How about this: send me the text of something you want to post and if I think it's okay I'll let you post it. The quality of your posts will skyrocket.

Which is more important to an average person: embezzlement in the local government or the reintroduction of democratic government in Nepal?

Goes without saying.

So which is it? Judging from what's been said in this thread, I'm not so sure of your opinion.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Why do I have this feeling that JH is the new Naphe...

Sorry, but I have to agree with LoS on his view of reading JH's posts. They're just offensive.

As for the American's being out of touch with reality...of course they are, aren't we all? I mean...one thing that really does surprise me is the fact that they denied the Kyoto Agreement and denied that they were producing pollution on the same level of China, even though they have a small population, and less industrilization.

So yeah, I think the common people are actually quite normal and in touch with reality, in general, it's just the damned politicians.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88

I don't read any of Jesus Hitlers Posts... its not worth reading them... Not after he called me a twat and a Cunt.

No, you just hate being proven wrong over and over again and you used the insults as a cop-out.

I know pretty much what they say though... He always attacks peoples opinions and goes on about how we should work on facts rather than our own minds.  And then calls us Ignorant or attacks with a whole host of insults if we don't in part agree with him.

Facts over fancy.

Rambling.

Your opinion of America seems to come from YouTube videos, Fox News, and the arrogant American stereotype. Why don't you actually visit the country, or even live here for a while before you start talking about how scary and wound-up the people are?

By the way, how about you just link to a video? This isn't Myspace.

Rep:
Level 88
Perhaps you should reread your own posts. It's clear that you have a low opinion of the entire country even though you say that you aren't judging all of us.

Thanks for the suggestion but I know how I'm thinking.

Why did you get pissed? Because I pointed out your hypocrisy?

You got Saucy mixed up with Ataraxy. It happens.  :) Well, no it doesn't but  :)

I haven't seen you defending Americans.

You haven't read my posts? Or are you just choosing bits and pieces to read out of them?

I have and I did.

That was actually directed at that gnoreha (whatever the hell it is :P) guy. So I don't understand what point you are trying to make (presuming you are).

You and others like saying that but I'm not the one who has said nothing useful in this thread. My posts are worth reading because I don't base my opinions in nonsense like anti-Americanism. Why don't you condemn your own government How about this: send me the text of something you want to post and if I think it's okay I'll let you post it. The quality of your posts will skyrocket.

For god sakes I'm not against Americans, I'm against many things in America (especially the government) but not Americans. Get it through your... whatever the hell there is to get through. Maybe read my posts? I have said many times... oh forget it. You keep ignoring any part of my posts that you can't complain (or nullifies complaints) against.

So which is it? Judging from what's been said in this thread, I'm not so sure of your opinion.

The smartest thing you've said so far.  :) It's so obvious you're not sure. I was starting to think you were just here to troll. The solution is to read my posts though.

That's all the more reason to read them! :P

Love that video by the way, very comical. Is all of it true?

By the way, how about you just link to a video? This isn't Myspace.

It's
fancy.
:P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:18:44 PM by ataraxy2 »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Love that video by the way, very comical. Is all of it true?

I am not sure if its all true... But its a View of some serious subjects taken and laughed at, I guess its the only way to view them, other wise its a little to depressing any other way.

_____Back to topic____

So mixed opinions really... Some Americans do think the people are out of touch in general and others say not so much...

I guess it differs from state to state... After all America is a Giant place.

But that doesn't change peoples opinions outside of America.

A few Video's (I have no enbeded as it will fill the screen)

Opinions on Bush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp4aQ4LMjoo

FLAME WAR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzziRBT3UgA

Borat Hunting Jews In Texas...LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HnFe_wFIDI

This Clip is Just MENTAL, the woman is Tapped in the Head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXkwrzow1IE

World View... All nations in this video are slagged off by the East
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZYhkGS8vg

Many of these Video's I don't agree with AT ALL... but some of them raise questions, many about the USA, some are made by people in the USA... There is a big air of mistrust amoungst even some of the public in the USA...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:42:43 PM by landofshadows »

Rep:
Level 88
But that doesn't change peoples opinions outside of America.

Most people outside of America seem to hate them due to: wanting money and power.

In this interview about global warming the came up with scales. On one end was gold bars and the other Earth. I was like what the fuck? Do the government of American really think that money is more important than the survival of the world? What the fuck?!

Anyway  :) the video was 'An Inconvenient Truth: A Global Warning' - one day I'll sit down and watch all of it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:50:46 PM by ataraxy2 »

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Perhaps when Bush stands down and lets what's his name take the lead for a while will people like the americans...
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
Why is it that all the good Presidents we've ever had got shot?

Watching the American woman one now. Damn those ignorant news people for cutting her off. Is that how the news plays out in America? I know media forces you on stuff but allowing something just to be cut off is a pathetic attempt at...

Ignorant'guy': What are your sins?
Woman: Yeah, you tried this the other day. ;)

LMAO!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:57:59 PM by ataraxy2 »