RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Atelier Elirica - Atelier Series Fan Game [VX]

Rep:
Level 82
Hi, I've been working on an Atelier series fan game for a few months now, its not ready for the public at the time, but I posted a few screenshots in the spoiler.

Spoiler for:
[Updated to the latest version of the game:]

Full gallery: http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/users.php?act=gallery&gal=17&cat=114
A lot of the graphics are from Gust's games, RPG Makers VX and XP, some of it is my own and there are also a couple that members from A Reyvateil's Melody forum helped with.
As for scripts, many, I'll post a list of them when the demo is online.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:52:40 AM by Palsa »

Rep:
Level 81
Looks really cool.
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 82
Thanks. ^_^

At the moment my goals are to finish as many of the maps as possible, once that's done I'll work on the items list and the story.
The battle system will probably be the final installment, the one I'm using is the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & Active Time Battle.
This is what her battle stance currently looks like.
Spoiler for:
I made it by combining sprite parts from Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 1) and Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 2) and resizing it by around 75%, I still have to finish the other animations and add detail, but since her appearance hasn't been officially decided on yet, I'm holding off on it.
As for item synthesis, I'm currently using Yanfly's Actor Item Synthesis script, though I'm going to have to find some way of modifying it so that it allows alternate items instead of characters, and then remove the shop interface since the synthesis will take place in the main characters workshop, still not sure how I'll go about doing that yet.
As for field sprites, I'm hoping to use several animations through character changes for certain emotions, here's an example.
Spoiler for:

Evil laugh.
Most of the character portraits will be color edited portraits from other Gust games, though I'm hoping to use a special made portrait for the main character, and several others, I'm still looking for a portrait artist on that, but there is no hurry.
I'm also planning to have cameo appearances from the Atelier and Mana Khemia series characters in it, several that have been decided on are Hagel, Pamela Ibis, Viola, Blaire, Iris Blanchimont, Yuveria, Gotou, Eisel Weimar, and I was hoping on Viorate Platane, though she might be excluded since her character lacks a full portrait.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:48:03 PM by Palsa »

Rep:
Level 81
?????????????
;D ;D ;D YOUR ABILITIES... IS MASTERIOUS... ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D YOU KNOW...  ;D ;D ;D
遠い銀河からのスーパー戦士。
本は、セバスチャンです。
これは強力で、手に負えない。
彼の物理レベルのスキルは驚嘆です。[/b]

Rep:
Level 82
Thank you. ^_^

Added another map today:
Spoiler for:
I still have to modify some of the sprites so they'll appear in a sitting position.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
It's visually impressive, I'll hand you that! I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for this one.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 82
Thank you! ^_^

I replaced the old mine map with a 26 room map.
Spoiler for:

Also added a map screen in 6 of the rooms to show the players position.
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:50:23 PM by Palsa »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I am curious, though; are you using an 8-way movement script? Some of the backgrounds are on a diagonal axis. Also, do you intend to use the rendered backgrounds throughout the game, replacing those made with a tileset? If not, do you think there will be a continuity problem?

Rep:
Level 82
At the moment I'm not using an 8 way movement script, so the player moves on the map in the standard manner.
So far, I haven't encountered any serious problems with it.
Do you know of any 8 way movement scripts that I could try?
As for passability, I tried using VXTileTool, but it didn't work, so I generally figure something out by using event tiles.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I'm almost positive there's one in the VX script database. Poke around in there, see what you can find.

What I meant about the backgrounds is that it looks like you're using a parallax BG with pass/no pass tiles on top for some areas, and actual built-from-the-ground-up maps for others. My question is, do you think the difference in styles will detract from the game, and if so, do you intend to leave it the way it is or incorporate more parallaxes?

Rep:
Level 82
Ah, in some cases yes, in other cases no.
There are a lot of different sized maps in the Atelier series, the kind of maps that appear in the older games were more basic then that of the later games.
Also, the older games focused more on synthesizing items and school life, where the later games, such as the Atelier Iris series, focused more on saving the world, and also had an advanced battle system.
Both the old and the new are extremely different, but are equally awesome games in themselves.
To go a little farther on the subject, a lot of the Japanese audiences prefer the older series, where at the same time the series wasn't released outside of Japan until much later, so a lot of the overseas fans are used to the newer style.
Since this game is based on the Atelier series in total. including Mana Khemia, what I'm trying to accomplish is a familiarity to both the traditional games and the later games in the series.
That said, some maps may be more advanced then others, however, I've been using more and more parallax backgrounds and fog overlays lately, so I might replace some of the older maps in the future.
One example of a change I just made, is the mine map.

Old:
Spoiler for:

New:
Spoiler for:

Also, I've looked through the script database, didn't see anything on 8-way direction.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hm, that's odd... coulda sworn there was one. Maybe that was XP...

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Storywriter. Boss Designer. Random Factor.
I love the art design. It gives it a unique flavor that can be singled out of many other RPG's made of VX, such as my experimental one. I see great promise in this one and can wait until completion until done.

Cheers!

~Acoristo
"Where would science be without inspiration from the stories of religion? Where would religion be if not controlled by science? They are parts of each other, a symbiotic relation that transcends our understanding...until we awaken and discover that maybe we are truly fooling ourselves..." ~My own saying.

-------------------------------------------------------
Black:
You value power, ambition, and darkness.  You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you.  At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed.  At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull.  Your enemies are white and green.

Rep:
Level 82
Thank you! ^_^

I started work on the map for Amaterasu Highlands, so far I've finished most of the graphics, but its still in development, so I'll just post a couple screens to show what it will eventually look like.

http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/591ktaetni5u2orj64a.jpg
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/xm9yg46pqp7f32vko82y.jpg
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:47:03 AM by Palsa »

Rep: +0/-0Level 79
RMRK Junior
Wow, that's some really good looking maps, and you're making it on Corel Draw?! Impressive! You're one dedicated RPG maker.  ;)

Can you make maps for please? Maybe? Perhaps? No?

-Oh, I hope I'm not necroposting here. This is just to tempting to respond to,

Rep:
Level 86
Yanfly's put out few newer scripts in his Melody series, and this one allows for 8 directions, in case you're still looking for such a script.
Yanfly's wiki entry for Extended Movement
The script itself.

Nice maps btw.

Rep:
Level 82
Wow, that's some really good looking maps, and you're making it on Corel Draw?! Impressive! You're one dedicated RPG maker.  ;)

Can you make maps for please? Maybe? Perhaps? No?

-Oh, I hope I'm not necroposting here. This is just to tempting to respond to,

Thank you! ^_^
It's actually Corel Paint Shop Pro X2, Corel Draw is a different graphics editor.
Some of the graphics are from Gust games, Gust being the company that makes the Atelier series.
I generally have to modify the original maps quite a bit before using them, one example is Larisa Landing, in the screenshot you see a landing surrounded by water, but the map was originally from Altena, a city in the sky from Ar tonelico.
The Highlands and Forrest maps were made entirely by hand, though once again, I borrowed Gust graphics for the trees and landscape.
I also tried something different on the Highlands map, Corel Paint Shop Pro's Picture Tube Tool.
After edting Gust graphics into a Picture Tube, I can draw with it in my graphics editor.
Here are a couple more maps that I've been working on:
Spoiler for:

I replaced the old workshop with a new parallax made from edited graphics.
And I've been working on the graphics for the Marsh:
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/wa1ixg4fa8i1037z4y8i.jpg
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/3drqsu9ocrmnt9jjybwx.jpg
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/87do29w157jv1k1j6510.jpg
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/iz7bqxmpcxlc6oljbf14.jpg
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/ugs0ex3xbb00u01sfzr.jpg

Just like with Highlands map, I used the Picture Tube tool to draw the entire thing.
I think I'll do more Picture Tube maps in the future, their rather fun to make. ^_^

As for your request, at the moment I'm not entirely sure, as I have a lot of projects to finish.
But if you could send me a few pictures of your current maps, with a quick explanation as to what your wanting, I might be able to give it a shot when I have the time.
Though keep in mind, I would have to create new picture tubes, since I have no intention of using Gust's graphics outside of fan related projects.
Also, any eventing or map assembly will be entirely up to you, though I would try to find the best available options to reduce the amount of difficulty.

Yanfly's put out few newer scripts in his Melody series, and this one allows for 8 directions, in case you're still looking for such a script.
Yanfly's wiki entry for Extended Movement
The script itself.

Nice maps btw.

Thank you! ^_^
I actually stumbled across that two days ago while watching one of Yanfly's YouTube videos. ^_^
At the moment, I'm not sure if I'll go with it, since I've already added Kylock's 8 Directional Movement script.
For some reason it seems to disable angled wall movement when installing Yanfly's script, not sure as to why.
I like how Yanfly's script includes the alternate animations, such as Idle movement, but Kylock's script works better with my maps, so I guess I'll wait and see if Yanfly applies an update to the script.
The Melody Engine looks extremely awesome, I've been considering whether or not I should use it.
I especially liked the Grandia style battle bar, but I've already started with the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System, so I'm currently undecided.
Now, if there were a way to apply the CTB or ATB aspect of Yanfly's battle system to the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System, I would do so in a heartbeat, since I don't particularly care for the ATB system that's included with it.
Oh, while looking through the Pocket House site I came across several mini games that were created by Shanghai.
Their very similar to the gathering, fishing and mining mini games found in the Mana Khemia and Atelier series games, so I think I might include those.
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:13:27 PM by Palsa »

Rep:
Level 80
RMRK Member
Let me just say that I am a MEGA HUGE fan of the Atelier Iris series, and I am greatly looking forward to playing your game! I've beaten all three Atelier Iris games, and I can't wait to play yours.
People who are organized are just too lazy to organize their stuff.

Rep:
Level 82
Let me just say that I am a MEGA HUGE fan of the Atelier Iris series, and I am greatly looking forward to playing your game! I've beaten all three Atelier Iris games, and I can't wait to play yours.

Thank you very much Klein! ^_^

Rep:
Level 82
It's been awhile since I last posted anything in this topic, so I figured it was about time for me to post a few screenshots of the maps that I've either finished or are currently working on.

Ornella Marsh:
Spoiler for:
I thought that I had posted the finished screenshot for this one, but apparently I didn't.

Ernesta Colosseum:
Spoiler for:
I used a lot of tile graphics from Mana Khemia 2 and Ar tonelico II for the floors and walls.

Here is the parallax background that I will be using for the church scenes:
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/j6x4m42xbz5j5ldjpu0u.jpg
I edited this from Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia graphics, adding the stained glass was fun. ^_^

This is a very long hallway. . .:
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/9guyvkv9q0nfneux0gd.png
It will be used during the opening sequence.

Here's another parallax background:
http://thebenevolent.net/imghost/files/id2mzu6exh5u3hk6e45q.png
I haven't officially decided where I'll use this yet, but it will probably be one of the Mana shrines.

I've replaced the Workshop's graphics with a parallax background:
Spoiler for:

And what I've been working on lately is a map for the Library:
Spoiler for:

The elevators work so that when one side goes up the other goes down, and I also added a secret passage hidden behind one of the bookcases.
The secret entrance opens when certain elevator switches are activated in a specific order.
Note, that I'm still working on this, so I have to add shading and the counter top.

Also, I edited the portraits of Luca Truelywaath from Ar tonelico II for the main character in this game, here is the new portrait:

Note, that I will probably modify this a bit in the future.

As for story and events, I'm still planing to finish as many maps as I can first, but I'm working on it.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Huh, I can't believe I didn't catch this before.

Very nice, my man. I literally can't find anything to gripe about. You've clearly put a lot of work into this.

Also, small question: in regards to the story (if there is one yet), would we need prior knowledge of the original games to understand what's going on or is this a standalone thing based on the original games?
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
This looks fantastic.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 82
Thanks you! ^_^

Huh, I can't believe I didn't catch this before.

Very nice, my man. I literally can't find anything to gripe about. You've clearly put a lot of work into this.

Also, small question: in regards to the story (if there is one yet), would we need prior knowledge of the original games to understand what's going on or is this a standalone thing based on the original games?

I just wrote up an entire explanation of the story and system, but my mouse has a back and forward button on it, that I bumped, and I lost everything. . . O_O
I'll retype it some time soon. . . -_- (goes to a corner and sulks).

To answer your question, the story will be original, but it will be heavily influenced by the other games.
It will have parodies, hidden Easter eggs and the occasional cameo appearance of a character from one of the official games, so understanding the Atelier series first is highly recommend, but not entirely necessary.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:58:59 PM by Palsa »