RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Noïr [Velcro]

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Fearful Symmetry
Noïr
Author: Velcro
v. 3.0

Here's a demo for one of my projects, Noïr. I just recently started on it two days ago and I am deep into work on it.

Version History
Version 1.0 - Characters, Locations, Screenshots, and Demo added.
Version 1.1 - Interior of houses fixed.
Version 1.2 - Many more errors fixed, added Paragraph Formatter and Advanced Text System 2.0 (both made by Modern Algebra)
Version 1.3 - Fixed mapping error, changed title screen.
Version 1.4 - Fixed some events, completely redesigned rooms, changed some text.
Version 1.5 - Fixed some eventing errors, added new room, added a new character to the story.
Version 1.5.2 - Changed name of location, added website.
Version 1.5.7 - Added two new locations.
Version 2.0 - Demo updated with three new locations, story continues.
Version 3.0 - Demo updated, Fort Vilnalle added, Saniba added, Felivar added, World Map added. New battle system.

Characters

Felix Chirita - Main Character - Age: 15/Origin: Sova/Weight: 133.7 lb./Height: 5.4 ft/Hair color: Dark gray/Eye color: Dark gray/Bio: Felix and his sister, Vera, are chosen to join the Vocan army. Felix serves the army and does tasks for them in hopes of becoming one of the few army commanders.

Vera Chirita - Age: 16/Origin: Sova/Weight: 142.3 lb./Height: 5.8 ft./Hair color: Baby blue/Eye color: Green/Bio: Vera is the sister of Felix. She is informed that they were chosen to join the Vocan army. Shortly after they join, she gets seperated from her brother and put in charge of the infantry.

Andro Nicolae - Age: 17/Origin: Meda/Weight: 149.8 lb./Height: 6.2 ft./Hair color: Slightly dark blue/Eye color: Brown/Bio: Vera is Andro's lover. He works with Vera to keep order in the infantry.

Cera Nicolae - Age: 14/Origin: Meda/Weight: 129.4 lb./Height: 4.9 ft./Hair color: Navy blue/Eye color: Brown/Bio: Cera is Felix's lover. She is the little sister of Andro. She stays with Felix and they complete missions together, as partners.

Felicia Nicolae - Age: 12/Origin: Meda/Weight: 105.3 lb./Height: 4.6 ft./Hair color: Navy blue/Eye color: Blue/Bio: Felicia is Cera and Andro's little sister. She doesn't have much significance in the beginning of the game, but towards the end she begins to play a greater role.

Commander Vityle - Age: 38/Origin: Cilena/Weight: 213.0 lb./Height: 6.8 ft./Hair color: Brown/Eye color: Brown/Bio: Commander Vityle is one of the leaders of the Vocan army and the trainer of Felix's team.

Locations

Wengil - Home village of Felix, Vera, Andro, and Cera.
The Decal Trail - Trail you must cross through to enter the Valentine River.
Valentine River - River connecting Wengil and Sapinoy.
Saniba - Bright village east of Wengil.
Felivar - Empty village north of Yudi Ocean.
Yudi Ocean - Ocean that must be crossed in order to get to Fort Vilnalle.
Fort Vilnalle - Fort in which training begins.
The Erco - The airship in which Felix and friends travel in to get to Seyt.
Seyt - Where the soldiers get new weapons, armor, etc.
Gero River - River that is crossed to get to Ceroina.
Ceroina - Where army does final preparations.
Fort Nambu - Enemy's fort. War takes place here.
Mt. Lind Feroi - Snowy mountain that is crossed to get to Necor.
Necor - Final village. New home of Felix and friends.
Hineya Academy - Academy for new soldiers trained by Commander Felix.

Demo (v. 3.0)
The demo is slightly short. It only takes place in Wengil, The Decal Trail, and the Valentine River. The only characters you meet are Vera, Andro (barely), and Felicia (barely).
Download Demo.

Screenshots (from v. 1.0)
Spoiler for:

THE WORLD OF SOVA:

Total Progression Percentage: 18%

Please enjoy the demo! Thanks!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:11:49 PM by Velcro »
Noir's cancelled. Got deleted. Shit was so NOT cash.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
whhhoaaa what the hell. Learn to use ceilings AND walls in a building. wow

Fearful Symmetry
Sorry, I'm not exactly a house interior designer. I'm very new to RPG Maker VX, this is my first project.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Where's the demo? I don't see a link :(

As for mapping ceilings and walls, it's not hard. Just use the tiles. The best way to see is to look at screenshots of maps other people have made. It's not really something a tutorial can be made on.

Fearful Symmetry
I fixed the interior with a tutorial I found.
@Modern Algebra, I took it down the change the interior design before I embarass myself even more  :P

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
I'm a novice just like you, I have made some of the same mistakes you did when it came to houses. You should develop some sort of ratio for roof to wall tiles. EG: 2 roof for every 3 walls. That is just a random example, you should find one that looks good and works for you.

About your teleports, you do know you can right click and quick create a door. I suggest you use that at least to mark where all your doors/teleports are. Then when you understand the program better you can modify them to fit your needs. There are absouloutly no indications to where the exit is when I was in the Inn, there are some indoor map tutorials around here somewhere.

Last, about your people/animals. Do you have their "priority" to "same as characters" and not "below characters"?

Edit: Try not to use too many mp3s as it can make the file size a bit too large.

Edit2: I suggest you use Modern Algebra's Paragraph Formatter Script so it automatticaly fixes your text so you don't have to use "-"(Eg: Vi-llage).
Heres the link: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25129.0.html
I also recommend his advanced text system:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25348.0.html

Edit3(I bet I'm pestering you now lol): When people cut down trees its usually pretty orderly(unless they are removing one thats like in front of there home) it is usually not random. If you want to show trees missing at random I suggest use the fallen log tile.

Edit4(I can feel the annoyance): When I go into the store I get stuck and cant move at all, I'm guessing you must have used wall tiles for the floor.

Edit5(>_>): Theres no exit at Andros room.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:31:54 AM by Bash »

Click for my current project.

Fearful Symmetry
Thanks Bash, the edits were not annoying to me at all, they were helpful. I am still working on Andro's room, I'll use the scripts you told me about, I'll delete some of the unused MP3's, and I'll fix the store and the inn. Thanks for your advice. I have been using RPG Maker XP for the past 2 years, and I just switched to VX, and I have to admit, there's many differences so it's more confusing for me. The tilesets aren't even organized and there's some tiles that I don't even know what they are. \

Edit: Oh, and I'll fix the priority thing, yes, they are 'same as character'.

Edit2: How do you change the title screen picture?

Edit3: Here's the logo:

Credit to Silent Oblivion from VGBoxart Forums

Here's the title screen:

(I made it)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:31:48 PM by Velcro »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
To change the title screen, I think in XP you change it under the System Tab in the Database.

Fearful Symmetry
Yeah, In XP, but I'm using VX.

Also, Updated to v. 1.2!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh DUH lol, sorry. Then just make the Title image name "Title" and put it in your systems folder :P

my bad.

also::
What is this supposed to be in the middle left side surrounded by fences?
Spoiler for image:
If it's supposed to be like a garden or plowed land, there are actually tiles for that in the very bottom of TileA. In the lower right. They look like that except they're not wood. They're dirt lol. It would fix the autotile shadow there too, as well as look normal :P
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:50:07 PM by grafikal009 »

Fearful Symmetry
Thanks!

EDIT: On the demo, some places are all Black because I'm still working on it. (I'm redoing them)

EDIT2: Lol, I was trying to make it look like hay. I failed. :(
:P

Alright, I'll fix it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:51:59 PM by Velcro »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
If you look up MACK's tilesets, I know there are 4 tiles that are for hay and then a variation of that with a pitchfork in it as well.

I'll just grab it real fast::

Spoiler for Mack tileset B:

Edit:: Also, you can just crop out the hay from the tileset and import into your TileE instead of using the whole sheet. That way you don't end up using valuable space for other things.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:58:39 PM by grafikal009 »

Fearful Symmetry
Thanks, how do I put this in? Same with the title? I tried that (named it 'TileB' and put it in Graphics/System) but it didn't work.

EDIT: Updated to v. 1.3.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:00:19 PM by Velcro »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
In VX you can only have 4 Tilesets (not including the few that make up TileA) so if you name it TileB then it'll just replace what ever TileB you currently are using. So I don't recommend that. It's best to just isolate what you want from these tilesets and place them on top of your empty TileE, save it, then import it by saving the image's title as 'TileE' and putting it in your Graphics/System, or if that doesn't work, try using the Resource Editor and just click on the System Folder and then choose import and find this file (make sure it's the same name as TileE or whatever tile you feel like replacing).

Fearful Symmetry
Version 2.0 released!  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 84
Your screen shots looks pretty good! The mapping looks very well done. There is little to no emptiness.

Fearful Symmetry
Thanks.

Updated to V. 3.0!
New features:
-New side-view battle system
-A load of new locations added
-World Map added
-much more!

A Good Heart starts with a Good Mind.
Nice looking game,and for a first project its pretty sweet.

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
A huge step up from the last time I played this, I'm glad you are taking the time to go back and improve things. Good job, I hope to see it completed.

Click for my current project.

Fearful Symmetry
Thanks, and yes, there are still many problems so I will be spending a lot of time to go back and fix them.