RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Star Wars VII The Sith Returns

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
First of all there is already a book VII but this I'm sure has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Basic Info
HERE IS THE AWESOME ANIMATED LOGO YES IT IS ANIMATED AND VERY CRAPPY

Star Wars VII The Sith Returns (yes I know a very cheesy name) is a game made by Game Guy's Projects.

The main reason I'm making this is because I'm getting paid $30.00!
It uses a unique Action Battle System made by the all famous Blizzard!

Star War VII will have quite a few characters. You'll get to choose from the Good Side or Dark Side. Here are the characters so far.
Good Side
  • Luke Sky Walker
  • Han Solo
  • Princess Leia
  • Yoda
  • Chewbacca
  • Obi Wan Kenobe
  • Rebel
Dark Side
  • Darth Vader
  • Darth Maul
  • Darth Sidious
  • A New Sithlord
  • Stormtroopers

Basic Story
A new sith lord (not to be revealed) revives the other Sith Lords and tries to rule the world. The basic evil plot.

Demo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qsuy5l

Anyways about the story. Its pretty much the whole plot. Its going to be like a game called Star Wars Battlefront. Its not going ot have respawning teammates but I'll make it almost exactly like it.

THESE CREDITS ARE FOR THE CURRENT DEMO
game_guy - Head Leader of game and making it
Blizzard - Blizz Action Battle System/Force Push Plug In
Aqua - Making me a demo for the force push plug in so I can understand it
Sithjester - Star Wars Characters
Ari Feldman - Spaceship Graphics
Fantasist - Finding Light Saber Sounds
StarrodKirby66 - Helping me fix the site again
Landith - Lightsaber Graphics/New Title Screen Graphic/Planet Graphics/Some Mapping/Animated Arrow Graphic/And More that I cant remember
Greg - Still Paying me 30$

MetaKnight - Yea sorry I'm using a new title screen.

Screenies For All
Spoiler for In Current Demo:
Game Play Screenies

Spoiler for Coming Soon Demo:
Mission Select

Game Selector

New Troop Selector

Menu System

New Title Screen
SAVE OFTEN
YOU HAVE TO KILL ALL THE ENEMIES BEFORE MOVING ONTO A NEW AREA
WHEN YOU SEE AN R2 UNIT STAND BY IT AND IT WILL GRADUALLY HEAL YOU
POST ANY BUGS PLEASE!!!

I FORGOT TO PUT THE CONTROLS IN THE FOLDER BEFORE I COMPRESSED IT SORRY. HERE ARE THE CONTROLS.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:27:50 PM by game_guy »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Is that like, a tiny burned out building in the bottom right corner of your first screenie? Why is it so much smaller than the other ones?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
No Bobafett = fail :mad:

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
There are going to be more characters. Especially Boba he's one of my favorites. I just havent updated everything yet for I'm still working on it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Expect the new demo this saturday or sunday with 2 or 3 missions.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
hey game_guy, welcome to RMRK.

As far as game critique goes, mapping mapping mapping.
the mission select looks neat though.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
thanks NAMKCOR yea landith has been helping me with mapping and thnx the mission select took awhile to create.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Just to get a little picky here:

The Sith are a group of multiple individuals, so saying "The Sith Returns" is grammatically incorrect. Sort of like saying "The Mice Returns."

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
Ehh, couldn't you come up with a better storyline? If it's about having a lack of sprites for new and different characters, why not make a sort of 'what if' game? That could be fun, no? I really dislike the idea of random revivals and, well, it goes against most Sith beliefs. Allow me to elaborate...The Sith GENERALLY believe in 'The Rule Of Two', basically, two Sith. A master and an apprentice. No more, no less. Of course, some Sith Lords in the past've ignored the rule and had many apprentices, but you get the jist.

As, NAMKCOR said, you need to improve on your mapping. A good tip from me would be; Empty spaces are a big no-no, as identical buildings and such.

Good luck.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Ok.....anyways I'm keeping the storyline but they're will be two different endings depending on which side you choose. When a later demo or full version comes out there will be the Dark Side or the Good Side to choose from.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I see this having potential if it's putten enough work on both the mapping & the storyline >___>;;;
Spoiler for:
but I see it difficult Dark Vader been bad since he became Anakin and killed Dark Sidious by the end of Episode 6, technically, he's good, not bad, which would make no sense if he's evil for no reason at all.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
NEW DEMO RELEASED!!! PLEASE TRY IT AND POST SOME MORE FEEDBACK!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I see this having potential if it's putten enough work on both the mapping & the storyline >___>;;;
Spoiler for:
but I see it difficult Dark Vader been bad since he became Anakin and killed Dark Sidious by the end of Episode 6, technically, he's good, not bad, which would make no sense if he's evil for no reason at all.

that's subject to interpretation Caro, since Sith apprentices generally kill their masters.
it's just how the Sith are.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
Namkcor, if you think about that, you're right. But then, at the end, he re-appears as a Force Ghost along with Yoda and Obi-Wan, as a younger Anakin, in his Jedi robing. Anyhow, to my knowledge, only Jeedai can come back as Force Ghosts, which'd show Anakin truly changed his ways.

As for the 'bad' problem...Caro's right. Not sure how he'd explain it, an older Darth Vader (well, younger) maybe? Dunno how you'd do it.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Okay yea I never thought how Darth Vadar became bad again sorry. I'm going to post at the top of the project thread
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE EXISTING STAR WARS BOOKS, MOVIES, OR GAMES

lol

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
It looks Cool, im downloading the demo right now ..

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Namkcor, if you think about that, you're right. But then, at the end, he re-appears as a Force Ghost along with Yoda and Obi-Wan, as a younger Anakin, in his Jedi robing. Anyhow, to my knowledge, only Jeedai can come back as Force Ghosts, which'd show Anakin truly changed his ways.

As for the 'bad' problem...Caro's right. Not sure how he'd explain it, an older Darth Vader (well, younger) maybe? Dunno how you'd do it.
There's an explanation to it, Anakin 'Died' in Episode 3 after the little incident, and Vader was Born, But by Episode 6, Vader 'Died' and Anakin is 'reborn', thus Killing Sidious & Saving Luke, the reason why he's young is because he 'died' at that age, while Vader kept aging. :/ It's like two souls sharing the same body, except, well, they're the same person.

Okay yea I never thought how Darth Vadar became bad again sorry. I'm going to post at the top of the project thread
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE EXISTING STAR WARS BOOKS, MOVIES, OR GAMES

lol
Then, Make an Original Story instead of randomly reviving them . . . since it doesn't have to do with the Movies >__>;; To which particular, it does even thou there's no reference or so, since Characters do appear D: and are 'Revived'.

Thou something like that would be cool, :3 An Original Story of what it could've been like, etc.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

lol
So this is a lot like the movie "Dragonball: Evolution"

Resident 12-Year-Old Idiot
Rep:
Level 83
I'm not paid to understand any of this.
If you need any help lemme know and I'll spring into action. I'm a Star Wars nut so if you need to know ANYTHING or want any more help making this... (I'm a great eventer)...
I'd be happy to help. BUT ADD MORE CHARACTERS! BOBA FETT IS MY FAVORITE!  :moar:

Rep:
Level 83
The keyboard chart looks overwhelming xD
but im gonna try it :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
There really was no reason to necropost like this, Fuzz. I'm pretty sure G_G has long since given up on it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:00:37 PM by Zylos »

Resident 12-Year-Old Idiot
Rep:
Level 83
I'm not paid to understand any of this.
There really was no reason to necropost like this, Fuzz. I'm pretty sure G_G has long since given up on it.

Oh crap..
Didn't even realize I was necroposting...
Could you change my description to "resident 14 year old idiot"?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Y'know, there is a warning right when you type your post telling you if it's been over 60 days or so, I believe.