RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Heros of Lore

Rep:
Level 88
8=D
Well, In high school I was told the second. And the spell checker I have shows both are ok. SO... I guess that's up to you then.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Ok, I had to start over because I'm guna use 100% original graphics and audio, I'll upload some screens of the new style as soon as I can.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, like Nouman said, your mapping is too square. Square rooms are unattractive and ugly. It can make your game a worthless waste of space.

EDIT: And end up in the Recycling Bin instantly.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Yeah, I'm hoping to get a good mapper. I posted in the recruitment forum.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
This game looks good so far, I like how you didn't provide huge amounts of information to spoil the game. Lookin good, lookin fine!

Off-Topic: Yay, a Maple player! Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia or what other server?

~Winged

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I don't wish to argue, but if you spellcheck the word "Heros" and also ask other people, you'll get it wrong. It's a common typo, though. Don't confuse common typos for acceptable words. It's always good to check in various sources rather than just conforming yourself with only one.
The correct word, according to the many times I have read it like that in novels, documents, game titles and other sources, is "Heroes". (Try Microsoft Word, too!)

So far, the project looks good. I like games that include many quests, especially when these are optional and truly add some fun to the gameplay. GOOD LUCK! :)

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
@Winged: I believe it was Broa, but I haven't been on in quite a while.

@Arwym: Everywhere I've check said "Heros." This is one of those words with two or more spellings, such as axe and ax, or armor and armour. The "correct" spelling is up to the person using it.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
NEWS:
I might map for this =D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Are you from the US, Irgna? Perhaps this is one of those cases where certain words change depending on the English used in that country. British, American, or dialects... I have never seen the word "Heros" in an official document around here, which leads me to believe it is wrong. But then again, I was only taught to speak English the American way, since my country is related to the US.
If I am indeed mistaken, please forgive me. I will admit I was wrong.

Still, good luck! I am glad to know that you're going to remake with original audio and artwork.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
I am an American. It depends on more than just where I'm from, it also depends on which I prefer. For example, me and my cousin are both Americans, but we spell "armor/armour" and "ax/axe" differently. It all depends on the person spelling the word. Also, English is my best subject, so I think I would know this kinda stuff.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
English is my easiest subject, too. XD It's just too easy... But still, it is not my first language.

Anyway, solved. I don't think there's need to argue about such a thing! :D If you say you can spell it that way, then I'll trust. After all, I am not an expert. There's much for me to learn.

So again, how's the project going?

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Database and scripts are coming along quite nicely, mapping isn't coming along at all until I get a tileset artist. Graphics are about 1%.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
New update:

Game will probably be commercial, costing $10. Might remain free, though. We will just have to wait and see.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Who makes a fire in the heat of a desert ?  :-\

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Looks okay so far. Although, suggesting that a RMXP game to cost $10 especially at this stage yet is aiming a little too high in my opinion.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
@Snailer: Lol, someone finally mentioned that. Took long enough. I did that on purpose to see how long it would take before someone pointed it out.

@Reives: Just looking at what I have so far tells me that it will be WELL worth it. I've changed alot since the demo, new graphics style, new battle system, it's harder (the demo was a cakewalk), ect. Most graphics and audio will be original. The maps are huge right from the beginning. I plan on having 750+ maps, over 100 hours of gameplay (if not 200+). There will be 50+ allies to find, but if you don't look for them you will end up with only six. There will be two worlds to explore, plus an extra mini world called the Void (location of the final boss). There will be a handfull of minigames. The will be three guilds to join for sidequests, with a total of 100+ sidequests between all three. And much, much more.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that each character will have multiply outfits to unlock.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 06:08:55 PM by Irgna »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I understand. It is a promising game, I'm not denying that. All your implementations sound terrific, and I applaud you for them.

But the thing is, realistically, people can get games that are better than RMXP games for free. And also, commercializing such game would mean that you would have to have 100% original everything. That goes for the scripts, as well, unless the author permits. And again, custom resources does not equal to original; for example Dark Eternal has a high quality custom BGM selection, but they are all copyrighted to their respected authors.

Good luck though, not saying that it's entirely not possible.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Only a few resources will not be made by my team. As for those few that are not, they are scripts that either have been made by my team, or I have recieved permission from their creators. True, you can get some better games than most RMXP games for free, but it doesn't matter if it's an RMXP game or not, there are expensive games made by well respected companies like Atlus or Square Enix that are worse that many RMXP games. What I'm trying to say is: Don't judge a book by it's cover. This game will happen even if it kills me (let's hope it doesn't come to that, though).

Rep:
Level 89
Heheh, as I said, good luck with it. Hope to see it comes through.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Thanks, and like I said, it might not end up being commercial at all. Also, I REALLY need a tileset artist, if anyone's interested, PM me or post in my topic in the team and tester recruitment area and I'll PM you the tilesets I have right now so you can know what style I'm using. I am very limited as far as mapping goes until I get a tileset artist.

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
Game looks great, can't wait to see it done.  ;8
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
New updates. Check first post.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
New team members. Also, I have decided that HoL will NOT be commercial.

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Mapper found.  Mapping along his style is gonna be tought though, as I am used to a mor traditional FF style, but it could happen.  In fact, we could add a background thing into the maps the way you have the open and make it a teleport with no transition, and set the background to the one around it or something, make the top of the building black, and make it seem like you can't see into the building until you're in it, and when you are, it shows the area around it faded out a little.  That would require some data space, but I could make it work.  Eventually.

Just some creative ranting there.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.