RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Error: "Unable to find file System/Graphics/Extra_Tiles/.rvdata"

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Hi everyone,

I was troubleshooting my game and when I had an event teleport my group to another map, it gave me the error mentioned above. Now, I could understand if it were looking for a tileset that I deleted or misplaced, but it seems to be fixated on finding an rv datafile. Not any one in particular, mind you. Just Extra_Tiles/.rvdata.

I've checked around and I know similar errors occur when there are missing files. I guess I'm curious as to why it would want an rvdata file that would be located in the extra tiles folder when the set I'm using on the map in question is the default! There wasn't any tile or passage setting that needed to be changed!

I recently started using BulletXt's newest version of his SwapXT. Is it related at all to that script? Has anyone had a similar issue?

Rep:
Level 75
I'm not sure it is the problem, but I think the folder needs to be named extra_tiles all in lower case.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
BulletXT's tileset E swap script is looking for the folder heisenman just mentioned. It might be that the file is misplaced or empty. If the tilset is one of the RTP tilesets, well, it has to be that one of the default tilesets has been accidentally deleted or renamed.
:tinysmile:

Thanks guys, but no dice so far, the folder is named "extra_tiles" all in lower case and it's in the system folder.  In addition, the rtp tilesets are written in the following style, which I think is correct: "TileE.png"

Very odd, I've tried sending the characters to other maps but it keeps bringing up the same error.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Did you import the .ini file into BulletXT's script like it says? That's the only other thing I can think of, that or not saving the changes in the XT swap window. Youre sure you didn't put any custom tileset work on the map in question?
:tinysmile:

Hmm, this might be it. I placed the rb file into the main directory of the project. I didn't experience any errors so I thought that it was fine where it was. Where would I place it?

Rep:
Level 75
I placed the rb file into the main directory of the project. I didn't experience any errors so I thought that it was fine where it was. Where would I place it?

Open it with NotePad or something, copy the text and place it in a empty slot in the Script Editor.
It's meant to be used like a normal script. You can delete the .rb file.

Okay, did that. And now, oh cripes, it's telling me the stack level is too deep.