RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Crowns of Corruption

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hi, me and a friend have recently started out on the great adventure of RPG-creation.
We began with rpg maker 2003, but yesterday we installed the XP version. beats 2003 any time.

At this point we have a good idea of where we want our story to go.
You can expect influences from final fantasy, star wars, lord of the rings, sesame street, whatever, if it fits the story or is good fun.
Our first maps are under creation, though of course We are still learning to use RmXP.

So, if anyone has tips or suggestion, we are always open for it.

You can follow our progress on www.crownsofcorruption.tk

Getting your soul.. x.x
Why don't you put the storyline and some of the
screens you have already did??

Post more info about your game here..  :wink:
The World will fall back when the Dark comes..

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, if you don't, it'll get locked.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Hm, don't want the topic locked, so here is at least the first of the screenshots:
http://members.lycos.nl/crownsofcorruption/hpbimg/Noeb'sHouse.bmp

The story so far?

Well, you are the young Noeb (ofcourse you will be able to choose your own name)
Is the son of a legendary warrior called Patatmet. Patatmet used to be in an army named Hooligans. With this army, years ago they destroyed the three evil gods of Diamond City and made the world a happy place to live in.
Of course the followers of these gods aren't too happy about it and set out to revive the 3 gods. For this they will need the three crowns of the gods, wich were carefully hidden by the Hooligans. Since the followers know very well that Patatmet will try to stop them, they decide to kidnap him.

This is where the story starts.

The followers (the evil admins) enter Noeb's village, get his dad and take him to Diamond City in a hot-air-balloon.
Noeby hears what happened and decides to go after them to rescue his father and safe the world.

As I said, we are still in the thinking-about-how-we-are-gonna-do-this-stage.
And secondly since we have installed RmXP yesterday, I think we have to transfer all the old 2003 stuff to XP.
If anyone knows how to upgrade an Rm2k3 game to XP, please let me know?

Getting your soul.. x.x
Hmm, the storyline is interesenting..
But in the map, I think you need to upgrade it.
The roof is needing a new pallete, but the rest
it seems ok.
The World will fall back when the Dark comes..

Yah, this one is still with Rm2k3, but will be transferred to XP asap.
btw If you have any ideas about how I build good walls...
As you can see, I haven't got a clue. this way it all looks really crude.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Walls are hard to pull off on 2K3. Trust me, I've tried countless times to get it right. You'll have to try and find a wall tileset or the like.

kay, thanks for info, but we have already crossed over to XP, so we can use autotiling. Found out how to do that through the tutorials (after someone pointed us in the right direction). :mrgreen: