RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Battle! I have idea for a plot twist, but I think I've seen it before.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I have this idea for a mid-game climax, but I get this feeling I've seen it somewhere. (Yeah, I'm starting a new story idea before finishing the original one. Maybe ZXM was right. :) )

Can you guys think of any games, or movies, or animes that have had a situation of tremendous tragedy? I mean, like, an entire planet exploding, and not like in DBZ when it was just some random planet we didn't care about. I mean like the planet most of the stoyline took place on suddenly blowing up or disappearing.
I love scenes like that, because that kind of tragedy is so memorable and powerful.

I think this sounds so familiar because it's similar to the Space Colony being destroyed in Gundam Wing.

So if you guys know of any other games or movies or animes that something like this takes place in, list them here for me plz. Thanks. :)

It probably won't effect my decision to use it, I'm just curious about how often you guys remember it being used.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:20:12 AM by boe »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
all the planet blowing up can be traced to one place....

STAR WARS
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
Seriously?

I completely forgot about that.

Honestly, I can't even remember the sequence where that happened, but I'll take your word for it.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
first movie. (ep.4), the death star destroys Alderon in front of Leah.

*ahem*

also...urm...metroid? i dunno : /

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, but neither of those have as much impact as what arlen's talking about.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
True, and also, if I was ripping off Star Wars a bit, I could live with that, because tons of stories rip off Star Wars so much that it's, like, not even that big of a deal anymore.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
"he isnt a Jedi. He is a religious soldier who is telepathic and has a laser beam sword"

*ahem*

im sure plenty of sci-fi's have this sort of thing, just look around at some dorky sites.

Rep:
Level 96
The idea I had was a setting where there's multiple planets that are habitable. Not, like, a ton, but like 2 or 3. Initial stages of the idea of terraforming, perhaps. And after spending about 40 or 50 gameplay hours on this one planet, it explodes, taking a few main characters with it. And then I was thinking of going into some really weird, Evangelion-esque psuedo-psychological "main characters lost walking around a white void" thing. Oh, hey, sorta like what happens after Sin kills people in FFX. Meanwhile, the story continues with the remaining characters on the other planet, and periodically they have dreams/nightmares about the people that died walking around in an endless white eternity. And then somehow, 20 or 30 gameplay hours in the story later, at the final battle, through a leap of faith (I'm still working out what kind of miracle this will be, and might go the "the world is what the main charcter imagines of it" approach, or perhaps a "love between to people is so strong it reaches beyond time and space" approach) the dead characters come back in the final battle, clad in stunning armor and glowing, making the perviously hopeless battle awesome and epic. And then their souls finally rest, making constellations in the sky.

I dunno. Just some random idea I was throwing around, lol.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:46:27 AM by arlen »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
True, and also, if I was ripping off Star Wars a bit, I could live with that, because tons of stories rip off Star Wars so much that it's, like, not even that big of a deal anymore.

Yeah, and then Star Wars ripped off all kinds of other stories anyway, so it's no big deal.
:tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
oh, I had an idea there is a guy that was a warrior and now wants to get revenge on his king so he want to destroy the world (that part can change)so he want to activate this weapon to blow up the planet. You have to get the three shards of the crystal key to stop him, but before you ever get the first one the planet is blow up you barely escape and the rest of the game is you going after this guy, trying to kill him for revenge. It would end with the main character smashing in the guy's skull then killing himself.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
I love the idea, I don't mind if I steal it either (just kidding, but I feel like my story idea would work with it). But if I were to ever use such an idea I'd make it that you can return to the ruins of the planet.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Actually, I'll refer to DBZ for this.
Well not DBZ, but rather DBGT.

The earth is destroyed. :(
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, hey, right!

Thanks!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_a_e

:)

Still, make this game, like, now, go do it
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
if you make a star wars game I sorta was making a star wars game kit but stopped since not many make star wars games...even had a lightsaber equip..
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_a_e

:)

Still, make this game, like, now, go do it
OMFG. I loved that movie ^^

thatd be such a great game though...damn...

Erm...yeah. I like your idea Arlen, yet thats alot of gameplay hours O.o

Rep:
Level 96
Ahaha, it was just an estimate. I only said that to get the point across that the planet explodes half way through the story, so there's plenty of time to get used to it being there, and then get used ti it not being there, lol.

Rep:
Level 88
If you do it right it could be awesome. Then you just move another planet of space station or what?

Off Topic Silliness: It would be very intense if it was the home of the...

COCA COLA POKEMON!!!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ahaha, it was just an estimate. I only said that to get the point across that the planet explodes half way through the story, so there's plenty of time to get used to it being there, and then get used ti it not being there, lol.
i see.

hmm...Yeah, i see how that could be done correctly. Although players would be like "That was the ending?" (at the explosion) "WTF? This game sucks!" (throws away game before playing second half)

Rep:
Level 96
Oh come on. Nobody would actually stop playing a game so impulsively. They'd stick around to see what comes next.

Though I think I might make it so you reach level 100 and it stops BEFORE the planet explodes, so you THINK it's the end...

and then after the planet explodes it keeps going and the experience cap is lifted to level 200. :D

Rep:
Level 88
Can you actually changed the max level in game anyway?

And I loved Titan A.E.! :P I still have it (on VHS though).

Liking your idea more and more though Arlen, really will use something similar - but maybe a continent. ^^

Rep:
Level 96
Maybe not in RPGMaker, no. =\

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Oh come on. Nobody would actually stop playing a game so impulsively. They'd stick around to see what comes next.

I've seen it...symphony of the night. They kill Richter and they think they're all bad-ass.