RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Chocobo Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 78
RMRK Junior
Chocobo System
10/9/2010

Summary
Do anyone here remember a unique system of final fantasy series? That's  the chocobo system, and I just want a similar one.

Features Desired

Mockups
I've found the vehicles redone script in rpgmakervx.net, but that only provides me some chocobos sprites.

Games its been in
  • ff series

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • google
  • rmrk.net, rpg revolution, rpg maker vx dot net
  • hb games

What did you search for?
  • Chocobo
  • Chocobo Script
  • Chocobo System

RMRK Junior
The 1st BUMP.

RMRK Junior
The 2nd BUMP

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Those are piss poor explanations of your features. Could be more explanatory as to what a chocobo farming is. In fact, the only thing that I recognize is the chocobo treasure hunt. Not everyone has played every FF game.

RMRK Junior
Explanations of my requested features:
  • Chocobo racing: This means a system like a race!!! There are many chocobos join in the race, and who wins the race will benefits many things. Look for more information here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii
  • Chocobo farming: This is a system which you use nuts to feed your chocobos. Then, you can breed new chocobos with new features. Simple look for more information at the above site.
  • Treasure hunting: Digging system. When press a button while riding a chocobo, the chocobo will dig the ground (or even the water) to find treasure chest. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix
  • Can set chocobos way. Ex: yellow chocobo can only go where the character can go; blue chocobo can go through reefs;... Can set whether encounter on chocobos is enabled or disaled.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Umm. I can vaguely thing of a few scripts you can use that accomplish these goals but not a single script that does them all. If I were you, I would find a script for each thing separately.

I know there's a Digging script for VX you could rig to work with a chocobo.

I saw a timer script that can be utilized for racing the other day which you can use with a chocobo.

I haven't seen anything for farming, but you could probably event that.

The passability per chocobo might be the hard one. I think Modern Algebra has a script for determining and setting terrain tags for VX tiles. You could create several different events each one a different chocobo and use them like vehicles and restrict each event to certain terrain tags with that script. Etc. Think a little outside of the box. That should help.

RMRK Junior
Uhm, well, can you tell me what exactly those scripts are and the most important, how to make the race.

RMRK Junior
The 3rd BUMP.

RMRK Junior
The 4th BUMP.

RMRK Junior
The 5th BUMP.

RMRK Junior
The 6th BUMP.