RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Should any country in the world be spending money on Space Exploration?

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Guh, I don't know anything about physics, but I'm pretty sure time isn't slower in ALL space.

But uh, I'm clueless when it comes to spacetime  :(
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
"Blow ourselves up"? How?

So we could produce an explosion that'd take out the whole world, but not faster rockets? Yeah, that makes sense.

OH NOES MAYB WILE WE MAYK FASTR ROKTS WE BLOW OWRSELFS UP!!!11

Korea has nukes as we speak. You know that just as well as I do, the minute a nuclear wars starts we'll pretty much blow ourselves up.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
It would probably be totally impossible to actually REACH this speed, (I think it's faster than LIGHT) but just the same, am I thinking correctly?
Can any objects created by any beings reach the speed of light?
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Its improbable that we could ever make anything that fast. Which is why colonizing other planets won't work. First we'll have to figure out the closest planet that's similar to earth, as in Air, Water, about the same amount of gravity earth has and all that junk. Because a plante like that is a shit load of lightyears away, we will never be able to do it.

Besides soemthing traveling at that kind of speed would most likely break apart due to sheer force behind moving like that.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
...you don't need a vessel to move the speed of light to reach Mars. But, you know, that may just be me throwin' a cuh-raaaayyyy-zy idea out there.

You don't need to find a planet with all that shit on it, you know, because there is this thing called terraforming. While it may take thousands and thousands of years, it can still work :/

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
...you don't need a vessel to move the speed of light to reach Mars. But, you know, that may just be me throwin' a cuh-raaaayyyy-zy idea out there.

You don't need to find a planet with all that shit on it, you know, because there is this thing called terraforming. While it may take thousands and thousands of years, it can still work :/

of course, terraforming is still completely science-fiction as of now.  in theory it could work but we don't actually have any idea of how to go about it.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
As you may have noticed Djangie is speaking in terms of thousands of years into the future. By then we should know.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
^Correct.

In fact, I don't even see humans traveling to Mars for many decades.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
We need money for the space station. Space is the next frontier and we shouldn't abandon it. Space exploration can bring about great change and open new options for us. Plus, the next super weapons and defense probably are going to be in space. We are going to have to finish that space station sooner or later, might as well do it now. Also we are able to travel to space. What stops us is money. Plus Terra-forming is possible and we know how to to do it. Think about global-warming. The problem is that it would cost huge amounts of money and we are totally sure of how long it will take. Also there is something faster than the speed of light, energy. Finally the blowing up comment, can be very possible. This space exploration requires vast amounts of technology and power which can be easily manipulated into weapons of "earthly destruction." So we have to careful of what we build, make it fast, and efficient. We will soon be invaded by aliens, might as be advance as they are.   
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:37:26 PM by oneray »

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
We're not only going to be invaded by aliens, but soon?
What the fuck gives you that idea?

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Plus, the next super weapons and defense probably are going to be in space.   

I don't think so.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
more than likely we already have super weapons in space that we don't know about xp
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I don't even get why you're thinking that far ahead. You know just as well as I do how stupid humanity is. We'll blast our asses back to the stone age from a nuclear war by then.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Here's a Video of me talking about my Moon Visit:-

(It never actually really happened...)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:04:34 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
For a moment I misread 'my' as 'the', and almost died laughing.
Now I'm disappointed.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
Don't be ignorant, kid. We NEED more room. This world is all ready becoming too hot, messy, and populated. Not to mention we can't stand the site of each other half the time. Eventually, we're just gonna have to, well, LEAVE.

Two things, even if I was a kid which im not (im 17) I could still have an Inteligent Disscusion, and two do you know how hard it would be to get people into space, not only billions of dollars would have to spent, not only hundreds of years, but do you really think that everyone would be able to take a launch into space, most astronauts go through intense training, if we did go into space many would die and we would lose the same amount of people to space as we would to pollution and other things.

*ahem* your name has the word kid in it.
EDIT: I just read the rest of the posts and it seems that the name thing has already been noted

anyways you may not be a kid but you still failed to refute the fact that you're being ingnorant. Look at the technology that we have and look at the technology we had twenty years ago. There is room for advancement in our space program granted. Space exploration is necessary and I dont think that the incoherent ramblings of a 17 year old kid will make a difference.

I hope a big astroid is coming to destroy earth so we can make a KID like you eat your own words...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:26:58 PM by Atomic »

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Don't be ignorant, kid. We NEED more room. This world is all ready becoming too hot, messy, and populated. Not to mention we can't stand the site of each other half the time. Eventually, we're just gonna have to, well, LEAVE.

Two things, even if I was a kid which im not (im 17) I could still have an Inteligent Disscusion, and two do you know how hard it would be to get people into space, not only billions of dollars would have to spent, not only hundreds of years, but do you really think that everyone would be able to take a launch into space, most astronauts go through intense training, if we did go into space many would die and we would lose the same amount of people to space as we would to pollution and other things.

*ahem* your name has the word kid in it.
EDIT: I just read the rest of the posts and it seems that the name thing has already been noted

anyways you may not be a kid but you still failed to refute the fact that you're being ingnorant. Look at the technology that we have and look at the technology we had twenty years ago. There is room for advancement in our space program granted. Space exploration is necessary and I dont think that the incoherent ramblings of a 17 year old kid will make a difference.

I hope a big astroid is coming to destroy earth so we can make a KID like you eat your own words...

God I wasent be ignorent I was just brining up a good topic for debate, I didnet mean for anyone to take it personal,
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
GAH! WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DOES THAT!!!!
Na just joking, i thought it was a relevant debate topic and dont know why you are ignorant?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
In truth, I think that even if we do spend more money in space exploration it won't be very successful. Look at when we first landed on the moon. We used very "primitive" computers.

Now that we have more advanced computers, we can't even launch rockets into space. Just recently an entire mission was scrubbed due to a software glitch.I think that if the rate at which we are failing stays the same or increases, space exploration is a fruitless endeavor which should be ignored. The governments of the world should be spending resources on their people instead of failing missions. If we did that, then think of what we could do for 3rd world countries.

I agree the solar system is dying, but that is billions of years away. We will all have been blown to shit by then, or we will have advanced. Humanity hasn't even had recorded civilization for a million years you guys, which means that in another million the world will be completely different. 

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think NASA should spend more money exploring our Planet... I mean we know there is life here, and understanding our planet will us understand others...

Why not spend Nasa's Budget on sea exploration, making a vessel that can with stand high pressure with a crew on board so we can reach the furthest most depths of the ocean... After all our planet is mostly water (God knows why we called it Earth, its a bit Bi-ust)

Why not make a probe that can swim in sand on top and under the sand level looking for life... a few years Back a Golden coloured Mole was found in the desert, it was dead and found by chance, but if there are creatures like that then who knows what else could be there...

Why not use some money to explore the rain forest, and find new insects etc... it was only a few years back they found a new insect that infects it's host and takes over its motor functions, gets in fish and makes them swim funny, Birds eat them, then the eggs of the insect incubates in the Birds stomach and the droppings have the eggs in they hatch and the cycle starts again... or some thing like that...  There was around 15 new insect speeices found last year...

Same with Loch Ness and the Amizon rivers, lets search those and do it right...

Lets search Caves... Like the real deep ones in Austrailla, or even make a Cave digging machine and look for underground cazums... All you need is a Sizmic changer to find Dence and hollow area's and dig down to any empty pockets under the ground... we could find all sorts...

Remember Life finds away... and on our planet life is every darn place...

Even if we can't see it... why don't we investigate ROD's a little more...??

Here's a link if you have never heard of them:- http://www.roswellrods.com/pre.html

I just think the best planet in our solar syatem for exploration of life is our own and we are ignoring it...

There are loads of creatures thought extinct but are cropping up like the Zilocampth...

If any one is ignorant it's Nasa...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 11:22:07 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
LOS, I don't think you're understanding that if we understand how other planets function we'll learn more about our own planet as well. Besides there are some nice things that Nasa can provide, I don't remember the exact name of it, but the history channel did a thing on it, any ways, Nasa has a project to track mteors and comets just for the off chance of fidning out if one will smack into us. Honestly, if a metoer was going to smack into the earth in a couple years, wouldn't it be important for us to know we're all going to die?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Also, NASA is involved in the Air Force. (Instant points from me.)

I THINK they may have had something to do with the "Aurora Aircraft", and there are a few fish-stories to back me up on this. HIt wikipedia if you don't know what I am talking about.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Right. What exactly would that do?

I agree with LoS though. Exploring the seas would provide a more immediate bounty than revealing the cosmos.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
No way. Who cares what's underwater? Aliens are way cooler than some fish.
:tinysmile: