RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Should any country in the world be spending money on Space Exploration?

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Should any country in the world be spending money on Space Exploration?

I feel that Space Exploration is not needed, and money that is used on it could really be going to other things.

China, Russia, Germany, Australia and most other MEDC's.

Space exploration may not be needed just yet, but it's better to start early than late...we "know" for a fact that the sun will blow up (or so says scientists in general) and if we're still there, we're going to be dead. All of us. Your kid's kids kids (recurring) will all be dead.

Yes money could be used to help internally, but I think the governments are doing a fantastic job of saying how much should go everywhere. And don't you dare bring up Africa. It's just a way to waste money.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
all im saying, give the gov'ts a few years to develop the necessary technology and we'll criusing space in no time, you cant just BLAM! build a spaceship and send it into outer space without the proper tools and an idea of what you're doing and gonna go, heck that's why we had unreasonable deaths in the past  :-\

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yes, very much so! It's not needed at all, and it could be spend on a lot of better things!

Space doesn't give us any real help on our countries down on earth.

Rep:
Level 88
all im saying, give the gov'ts a few years to develop the necessary technology and we'll criusing space in no time, you cant just BLAM! build a spaceship and send it into outer space without the proper tools and an idea of what you're doing and gonna go, heck that's why we had unreasonable deaths in the past  :-\

The russians have the tech...it's the american's who keep wasting money...

The american's spent billions of dollars creating a pen that works in space

The russians used a pencil....tell me who's idea was better and cheaper?

Besides...Virgin have that tech already.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
No matter, the money it costs to send people up into space in a lot, that cold be used on better things.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
That is an urban legend, not even America is that stupid.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, I know, Canada was the one who actually did spend the money on making it...

Sorry Bio, just had to. (I mean no harm)

Rep:
Level 87
Well, for one thing i know, no one would go somewhere unprepared, sure the russians have the technology, but are they actually gonna take it into space with out getting fully prepared? Nope.

and raven, you pen and pencil stuff doesnt make sense, why would world powers be spending money on something so... useless? and why would they need pens, dont they have computers?

and mex, money SHOULD be spent on space travel, who knows what we could find.

do you think Soldiers would go into battle unprepared? Same thing for space travel, would you go into space unprepared?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Well, for one thing i know, no one would go somewhere unprepared, sure the russians have the technology, but are they actually gonna take it into space with out getting fully prepared? Nope.

and raven, you pen and pencil stuff doesnt make sense, why would world powers be spending money on something so... useless? and why would they need pens, dont they have computers?

and mex, money SHOULD be spent on space travel, who knows what we could find.

do you think Soldiers would go into battle unprepared? Same thing for space travel, would you go into space unprepared?

No, we have problems on our own planet, that's where people go wrong, if we do find something, it could lead to the end of the world, it could also lead to corruption.
If we spend some shit like 20 billion dollars on space travel that we could've used to fix up New York City, Los Angelus and some many more cities and countries.

If you think you're the only one who thinks space travel is s good thing, you're not alone, I would love to see planets explored, but don't you think good money should be spent on good things, space travel is useless to us right now. If there is an intelligent life form out there (aka earth two) we haven't found them, they haven't found us. (ufo's are irrelevant)
So, why spend loads of money on space travel right now, when we can do it later, our top priority is keeping this country on it's two legs. Not on it's knees after we spent 20 billion dollars. And we could just make more money, yeah, but the more you make, the more the currency drops and the less it's worth.
And if so, we find this life form, what will it do? What if it thinks we are stupid and deserve to die? We are the ants in that situation...anything is possible...

Also, what if we kill them instead of help them, what if the government takes them away and preforms tests on them they don't like that....(sorry, I'm getting to sci-fi, I guess I read to much ender's game...)

But, for real, we need to help our country, and I don't see why we're in other countries right now, Bush doesn't see that we need our country fixed first before we go off to somewhere else and help. May sound very selfish, but who doesn't agree with me that before we help others, we should first have the stuff to help them and help them with everything they need. If we first jave the resources, then we can jelp tjem.  And the more NASA spends of space travel is taking away from our resources, who cares if russia got tjere  first?
Sono molto molto di destra.
Bush e Merda.

Rep:
Level 87
No, we have problems on our own planet, that's where people go wrong, if we do find something, it could lead to the end of the world, it could also lead to corruption.
If we spend some shit like 20 billion dollars on space travel that we could've used to fix up New York City, Los Angelus and some many more cities and countries.

you're right, Earth has it's own problems to deal with. some problems that can't be solved right here on earth...

and mexneto, thats why we have BUDGETING...

Also space travel depends on the U.N. and any other country willing to invest in it.

If you think you're the only one who thinks space travel is s good thing, you're not alone, I would love to see planets explored, but don't you think good money should be spent on good things, space travel is useless to us right now. If there is an intelligent life form out there (aka earth two) we haven't found them, they haven't found us. (ufo's are irrelevant)
So, why spend loads of money on space travel right now, when we can do it later, our top priority is keeping this country on it's two legs. Not on it's knees after we spent 20 billion dollars. And we could just make more money, yeah, but the more you make, the more the currency drops and the less it's worth.
And if so, we find this life form, what will it do? What if it thinks we are stupid and deserve to die? We are the ants in that situation...anything is possible...

that's what i've been trying to say for the past few posts, we should prepare now, and go later, we have less than 6 billion years to live you know...

They haven't found us, we haven't found them, thats why we send radio signals into to outer space via telescopes found in remote islands and barren places...

yes it is our top priority...

its true anything is possible, but actually manage to prepare before going into the wilderness... whos knows what could happen? deaths, abductions (not counting UFOs), severe errors or mistakes that lead to disastrous results, we could even bring back bacteria that start to mutate and manipulate the environment for their needs... and same for me, i watch alotta sci-fi

But, for real, we need to help our country, and I don't see why we're in other countries right now, Bush doesn't see that we need our country fixed first before we go off to somewhere else and help. May sound very selfish, but who doesn't agree with me that before we help others, we should first have the stuff to help them and help them with everything they need. If we first jave the resources, then we can jelp tjem.  And the more NASA spends of space travel is taking away from our resources, who cares if russia got tjere  first?

its not selfish infact, its common sense, would you go into a battlefield without a gun, and sniper gets a shot at picking you off because you have nothing for defense?

would you go into space without the knowledge needed of what you're doing?

Sono molto molto di destra.
Bush e Merda.

Viva La Italia!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
scusa, signor Ruhani, per che sei miliardo è molto grande amount di euro.

Ok, salute signor Ruhani, enough italian.

We don't need to go into space, nor do we need to treat our cows with rBST, but we do it anyway, rBST is sickening what it does to cows, you wouldn't want to drink or eat any dairy if you knew what it did to them, although you can buy dairy from cows that aren't treated with rBST. (sorry to go off subject, but it's still sort of the same)

Space is an open space with tons of things we could do, but we don't need to do it, because it's not a top priority, if you can think one good priority why we need to go into space, then you should send it to me in a PM with a very good explanation of why, and I'll rep +, but until we can revive Oscar Wild, I suggest that you don't pm me....

Still, BUDGETING can become: BAD. If we go into space right now, who nows what will happen.
We need the money that becomes a budget, we need it. It could easily be put into a program that will get homeless people off the streets and keep them off.
Cosi, cosi male!!!!

OK, quanti anni hai?

Arevaderche Signor Ruhani.

Rep:
Level 88

Actually it's true...the cosmonaut...the one who's spent the longest in space told me himself. i.e Alexandrov something or other, the one you see in the space station more often than not. (Came into Derby College to do a talk about what he does for a living)

It actually did happen...heck we even got a photo of the finished product....and it's not very impressive either.

anyway...it's basically the american's trying to say: We are better than you, look we have pens in space. Because even in space they need to do paperwork.

As for diverting money else where....sure we could...but the reason that we have homeless people is because we're so efficient, if we downscaled our cities etc everyone would then have a job to do because there'd be no major corps doing all the work. They'd all be sectioned off into villages. Inefficient yes, and it costs more, but there are alot fewer homeless people.

....erm I've forgotten the point I was making.

Anyway...Mexneto is right, we don't "need" it just yet, it's just a luxury for the scientists to test what they can do.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 87
nahh i really dont believe you...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Por que senor Ruhani?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian

Actually it's true...the cosmonaut...the one who's spent the longest in space told me himself. i.e Alexandrov something or other, the one you see in the space station more often than not. (Came into Derby College to do a talk about what he does for a living)

It actually did happen...heck we even got a photo of the finished product....and it's not very impressive either.

anyway...it's basically the american's trying to say: We are better than you, look we have pens in space. Because even in space they need to do paperwork.

You talk out of your ass a lot, don't you?

Rep:
Level 87
im talking to ravenshade, why spend money on something useless, like making a pen in space, if they've made computers operatable in space for less than the amount it takes to make pens, then it should be WAAAAAAAAAAY lesser in cost to make the pen....

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Why not use computers?

But that's not what we're talking about.
Pencils and Pens can get lost in a space ship....I'm guessing. But for real, it's not needed, we don't to go up in to space. It's not helping us in any way currently.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Thanks for backing me on that Saladin, I knew I was right.