RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Big Bang Theory

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Your main quoted argument seemed to be on Dark matter, which has ( if not, practically ) been detected.

No my reasons of not following the Theory is they haven't addressed some very basic issues...

Oh...? I said that..? Please quote it for me...

May be I am missunderstanding you... You say it's the most plausable Theory of the start of the universe as we know it... But then for me to say I think its much more than that, and I doubt we will fully understand it until we work out some of the small complexites before we unravel the marvel of the universe is wrong ?...

I think trying to understand How all life started in the Universe, first we need to understand Why life exsists, or what the great purpose is to our exsistance (If any)... Trying things the other way around is like trying to run before you can walk...

Death..? As in an afterlife...?

Not as such... I think in death your energy is released and used for some thing greater.  Heck it could be that we are food for another dimensional creature far supperior to us... But al least that gives us a purpose.

Every theory has flaws.

Those flaws can be plugged... Dark matter is moving into the realms of possibility... But those pockets of Dark Matter could be Gas clouds or Electrical storms... Can be all sorts of space phenomanom, heck it could even be a Space Monster that eats energy... Again I still think we are reaching too far too fast, and people are looking at things to fill their own needs to support a Theory (Like I just did).

I said it was one of the possibilities, not the. Perhaps you can give me an equation for your above theory...?

I guess you mean my Theory of the Infinite shaped Energy ring... It's a dream I had, under anesthetic at the dentist...When I was a Kid...LOL

Ok... Imagine a Figure of 8 Rotating from the center point FAST... it will create what looks like a Inner Tube right...? hollow in the middle with an outer wall of energy... Now the centre the hollow area, is space and a negative force and the outer the enegry is constantly growing for living things passing... The centre most point I think is the birth place for Stars and planets etc... And the formation of them made through a collective friction of energy... The outer rings allways growing and expanding, as too the centre hollow area being pushed away from the middle cross over. My idea is just as floored as the Big Bang Theory, if not more so... Myine is an Idea, a pipe dream nothing more... but it's my OWN.

Deliciously_Saucy - Sorry, what is your stance on the Big Bang then ?

To me you seem to back it, and even claimed in previous posts as it being just as UNREAL as Gravity, and you kind of said Gavity is real yet we can't prove it... Your posts do confuse me, as mine do you... LOL
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:31:12 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Deliciously_Saucy - Sorry, what is your stance on the Big Bang then ?
I think it's the most likely current possibility on how the universe was created. I don't think it's a full answer, but at least part of it.

To me you seem to back it, and even claimed in previous posts as it being just as UNREAL as Gravity, and you kind of said Gavity is real yet we can't prove it...
I go on the idea that nothing can be proved because some how it can be disproved. I don't like setting ideas in cement, not even gravity.

Your posts do confuse me, as mine do you... LOL
Going by your posts I can see we are two different types of thinkers, you think out side of the box, while I am more mainstream.

Not as such... I think in death your energy is released and used for some thing greater.  Heck it could be that we are food for another dimensional creature far supperior to us... But al least that gives us a purpose.
You see, I don't need a "purpose" in life to continue with it, that's why I've stopped clinging to the teat of religion. But it's post like these that shows me how different we are... Not in a bad way, as it certainly came up with some fine debate.

You say it's the most plausable Theory of the start of the universe as we know it... But then for me to say I think its much more than that, and I doubt we will fully understand it until we work out some of the small complexites before we unravel the marvel of the universe is wrong ?...
I'm afraid I was going by this quote;
May be we aren't supposed to know what started stuff off.
That gave me an idea that you where saying: We just aren't meant to know the complexities of life. Something I would expect to here from a religious nut... I don't think it's wrong for you to have these ideas, many different and odd ideas are necessary for us to progress. But making up your own theories to me shows nothing more then a base understanding and an active imagination, NOT that you have a higher understanding of life.

No matter how we disagree, I still enjoy our debates...

Rep:
Level 88
I think it is a very possible theory. It makes sence in most levels. and I know this probably said to most of the christians that posted here but if God did create the universe it's possible that the big bang is the way he did it. Fuck, if I was God I'd creae the universe with a big explosion...What's more badass then that?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think it's the most likely current possibility on how the universe was created. I don't think it's a full answer, but at least part of it.

I agree to a fasion... Some thing had to happen to trigger the start of the Universe, I just think the Big Bang is a too simple a Theory, at current stage its at best half baked... It needs more research doing to it.

I go on the idea that nothing can be proved because some how it can be disproved. I don't like setting ideas in cement, not even gravity.

Same here... Gravity, one day could have a whole new equation should we reach an area of Negative space... I suppose you have a point... I mean in other dimensuions do they have Gravity, or a Varient of ?... But by modern standard Gravity is still a mathmatical equation that stands it's like you questioning the Add Symbol or the chemical equation for water... I do get your point and I am very simular, I try to question almost every thing, makes thing smore interesting.

Going by your posts I can see we are two different types of thinkers, you think out side of the box, while I am more mainstream.

Yep your right with me thinking outside of the Box... I am a bit of a dreamer to be fair.

You see, I don't need a "purpose" in life to continue with it, that's why I've stopped clinging to the teat of religion. But it's post like these that shows me how different we are... Not in a bad way, as it certainly came up with some fine debate.

I don't follow any faith... I don't think there is a God... I just think things are too perfect for there not to be a purpose for us being here.

Reasons:-

1. Some bugs only live long enough to reproduce.
2. Most creatures serve another creatures needs.
3. Creatures that don't support another creature usually help the Earth and plants.

But the biggest factor:-

There are 3 VERY big stage in our Life.

1. Being Born
2. Having Offspring
3. Dieing

They are the 3 functions that Nature assigns to each and every one of the creatures on this planet... So if the only thing we do thats of any importantance is Reproducing...

So if we look at that, why is it so important that we keep spawning...?

I have looked at different theories based around life and energy... Enstein's theory that Energy never stops exsisting but just changes form is a nice idea... But then using the bassis of energy binding the universe together is as you say a little far fetched and may be me being over imaginative.

I am stumped... I don't know the meaning of life... but for some reason in the pit of my Stomach I know we don't just blink into nothingness, there has to be more to us than that... And any other creature on Earth, or in the universe.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I don't follow any faith... I don't think there is a God... I just think things are too perfect for there not to be a purpose for us being here.

Reasons:-

1. Some bugs only live long enough to reproduce.
2. Most creatures serve another creatures needs.
3. Creatures that don't support another creature usually help the Earth and plants.

All I see there is natural selection... Everything is as it should be because it's the best possible form, all though I'll be it, perhaps yesterdays best form...

Nature has a way of evening things out, all most with god-like precision, but that's because it's necessary for life to survive. Without a balanced scale, we would not be here. Therefore it's the only possible format, not the perfect one.

But the biggest factor:-

There are 3 VERY big stage in our Life.

1. Being Born
2. Having Offspring
3. Dieing

They are the 3 functions that Nature assigns to each and every one of the creatures on this planet... So if the only thing we do thats of any importantance is Reproducing...

So if we look at that, why is it so important that we keep spawning...?
I'm afraid I don't get your point... Living organisms have a built in drive, and that drive is to become immortal, one way or another... We pass on our genetics so that we ourselves essentially don't die. How do you see the world as being too perfect..? You don't give life enough credit...

I think we've gone off topic.. Lol...

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I'm afraid I don't get your point... Living organisms have a built in drive, and that drive is to become immortal, one way or another... We pass on our genetics so that we ourselves essentially don't die. How do you see the world as being too perfect..? You don't give life enough credit...

Actually it's me saying that life and energy flow could be what supports a whole universe, I am giving it MAJOR credit... I am saying life creates life and life in it's self it what binds everything togeter...LOL

What your saying about your-self living within your off spring is only on a genetic level... It's not your own spirt or soul... your child is not you...

I am hoping what ever you learn in life your take with you... and once joined with the collective energy stream may be your experinces shared... It's a nice thaught... Not founded... But I would preffer that to Heaven and having Angels flying around me quoting the Bible at me... LOL

I think we've gone off topic.. Lol...

OK... On Topic... The Big Bang Theory in my opinion will remain a Theory for many centries to come.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I've got nothing more to say on this matter until there are some more perspectives here, if you want to move over to the life thread however, I would be glad to meet you there... I may not agree with your theories, but they're interesting enough :).

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
*cleans the topic*

Ok, either stay on topic and contribute something useful or just don't post. I'm not in the mood to check it every day and check if it was spammed AGAIN. >:(

I haven't read the most recent posts here (except the small ones), but from the size of the posts I can see who IS on topic and who's just spamming.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
About the death comment on how life is energy, I totally agree with you. I believe there is no heaven or hell. When we die, our souls (energy) leave our earthly bodies and enter another level of reality. From there our souls take over another body, a pig, spider, human, or any living thing. I believe life is like energy, it never is created nor destroyed, it just changes form.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
You sound Agnostic... That's something I could never get. Do you have something to base these theories on? Anything at all? Or are you just wildly guessing here? If you believe in reincarnation here, as in your faith is Buddhism, I can respect that, but faith is just that, something un-distributable therefore not in the topic of debate! Are you a person of Science or Religion?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You sound Agnostic... That's something I could never get. Do you have something to base these theories on? Anything at all? Or are you just wildly guessing here? If you believe in reincarnation here, as in your faith is Buddhism, I can respect that, but faith is just that, something un-distributable therefore not in the topic of debate! Are you a person of Science or Religion?

Actually, I think its possible to be a little of both. I'm as devout of a Pagan as I can be. But I appreciate what answers science has given us.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I am Hindu. All that I have said is from Hinduism. Hinduism can be broken down to the scientific level. What is great about hinduism is that science and spirtually are connected and relate to eachother.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
At my school that I go to, the school is against teaching everything that has to do with religion. They won't even let us wear costumes on Halloween. But they are allowed to teach the Big Bang theory in Science?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
At my school that I go to, the school is against teaching everything that has to do with religion. They won't even let us wear costumes on Halloween. But they are allowed to teach the Big Bang theory in Science?
Science is based on evidence and research, religion is not. While the findings of science may be incorrect they're more likely to be correct then the idea of a personal god.

There are many religions in the world, how would the schools pick one to teach without being personally biased anyway?
Also, let's put it this way, I have RARELY seen science directly attack religion, but Christians, Muslims and some others personally and directly attack science by manipulating what they say and without proper understandence on the matter.

Oh and oneray, I agree that Hinduism is a fine religion.

Rep:
Level 89
Science is based on evidence and research, religion is not. While the findings of science may be incorrect they're more likely to be correct then the idea of a personal god.

There are many religions in the world, how would the schools pick one to teach without being personally biased anyway?
Also, let's put it this way, I have RARELY seen science directly attack religion, but Christians, Muslims and some others personally and directly attack science by manipulating what they say and without proper understandence on the matter.

Oh and oneray, I agree that Hinduism is a fine religion.
I really thought this is a talk about the big bang theory and all i konw is the basic part that it was the creation of the infinate growing universe. that was it shoud b kept but I can't wonder how is the big bang theory going ever help any one in life.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
THXS KELFA! I just wanted to say there is obivously a primary source where all the energy started. That energy can be refered to as god in religion and in science, energy.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
THXS KELFA! I just wanted to say there is obivously a primary source where all the energy started. That energy can be refered to as god in religion and in science, energy.
Obvious..? Please tell me how so...

If your such a scientific mind, then what created god? How did it start? And please explain to me why you would believe in the "HE WAS ALWAYS THERE!" ( if you do, that is ).

All matters need explanation, and I think that an un-personal god could be one of them, but it certainly wouldn't be a final answer as there will always be another question if your not blinded by faith.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I don't think any one is going to have anything we haven't already brought to the table racked staked and crumbled already on this debate...

There are things much smaller than this in the world that we don't even have answers for... Like why can't chickens fly... I mean evolution gave em feather and wings for a reason, or did God do it to them to pee them off ?

God Vs Big Bang... I don't think either started every thing, I think the Big bang may have been the catalysist and yes it may have happened, but for people to claim it happened at the centre and happens every so often and sucks back in upon it's self and so fourth is pure speculation... We hardly know anything about the cosmos or what started life... an using God or the Big Bang as a simple answer to me is being abcent minded.

I HATE GOD... and people using him as the answer to things for example:-

God first created the Earth and the Stars
Then he created light...

So in that case he made the Earth and the Stars in the FRICKEN dark ?

Then he made man in his Image...

So are we invisable also ?... NO WE FRICKEN AINT
And why would God Need legs if he lives in the Cosmos and in every thing around us...?

He then made a woman from the Rib of a Man...

So why didn't he just make a Woman from the same FRICKEN stuff he made the man from, its only one cromosone different ?

Look I can do this all day... Send me a page from the bible... any page and I will discredit it.

Rep:
Level 88
We hardly know anything about the cosmos or what started life... an using God or the Big Bang as a simple answer to me is being abcent minded.

:)

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Nothing created god. You read all the religious text and they will say god was always there. Then you apply this to science, energy can not be created nor destroyed. This means that energy was always there. If something is born, created, then one day it will die, or be destroyed. i just wanted to say that religion and science go hand in hand. They are basically same thing but religion focus on the sciences to life a proper life, be good, eat right, and so on, in others religion is spirituality. Science is why our world is the way it is, not what is right or wrong. Also, the guy who said he hated god, OKAY! You can believe in god or believe in flying chickens, as long as your intentions are good and your are a good citizen, your faith doesn't not matter. You can be Christian, Hindu, and Muslim, or hate good and do good things. When you go to jail, are they going to ask your faith? Faith is more like a guide. May mistake faith as a rule book but remember we are all different and apply things different. As long as we are good, nothing else matters.

Rep:
Level 88
Nothing created god. You read all the religious text and they will say god was always there. Then you apply this to science, energy can not be created nor destroyed. This means that energy was always there. If something is born, created, then one day it will die, or be destroyed. i just wanted to say that religion and science go hand in hand. They are basically same thing but religion focus on the sciences to life a proper life, be good, eat right, and so on, in others religion is spirituality. Science is why our world is the way it is, not what is right or wrong. Also, the guy who said he hated god, OKAY! You can believe in god or believe in flying chickens, as long as your intentions are good and your are a good citizen, your faith doesn't not matter. You can be Christian, Hindu, and Muslim, or hate good and do good things. When you go to jail, are they going to ask your faith? Faith is more like a guide. May mistake faith as a rule book but remember we are all different and apply things different. As long as we are good, nothing else matters.

Thank you.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007

I have no idea why you have a negative rep. O_o This was one of the best posts I've ever seen.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yes! Now that I can agree with.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Well said.

I actually feel that he kind of wrapped up the thread. Does any one else think so?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91

What... the Heck... Are you guys reading the same thing I just did... It's a pile of shite.

We talking about the Big Bang and he is talking about the simularity's between science and religion.

He also talks about us being GOOD... What is Good ?

It's some thing that's goverend by common laws passed by heads of state and court room judges... Tribes in the amozon Eat people, are they Bad, Nope... it's their way of life.  If you can do it then how is it wrong not to.

And science doesn't teach us to be good to one and another... And early versions of religous scripture would see you burnt at the stake for trying to contact a loved one through a spirtualist.

The Big Bang in most research found happend, but was it what started the universe...?  How did the Big Bang happen, and what was there before the Big Bang...?

Thats interesting not stuff and nonses about being a good citerzen.