RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Big Bang Theory

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Good and bad always have distinct difference. People eating people is a cultural trait and that is what they pratice. They do not do it for a bad reason. Many religions have different methods as well, some worship idols while others don't. To a anti-idol worshiper, worshiping an idol is a sin when in true fact, it doesn't matter how worship (as long as it is good and doesn't not harm anyone). Now for you comment on the big bang and relation to our good citizen feud. What is the big bang? The big bang is what started life and is why we are here. Understanding the big bang also help us understand why the way we are. And now for your burning people alive statement. All religions are some what corrupt. Why must only women where the hijab and not men. Women too can desire men based on physical appearance. Some Hindus in India burn their wifes when their husbands die. But it states in Hinduism that the mother is most important person in ones life and women possess 7 godly attributes while men posses 3. There are many misconception that is because we feel that it is the right way. Holy idols in Hinduism in not a must and the mythology is not actually true. But the people of India believe that because they are simple farmers and do not understand the complexity of their religion so they make up things.

I was actually wondering why my rep was down. How do I get it back up?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:10:56 AM by oneray »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Nothing created god. You read all the religious text and they will say god was always there. Then you apply this to science, energy can not be created nor destroyed. This means that energy was always there. If something is born, created, then one day it will die, or be destroyed. i just wanted to say that religion and science go hand in hand. They are basically same thing but religion focus on the sciences to life a proper life, be good, eat right, and so on, in others religion is spirituality. Science is why our world is the way it is, not what is right or wrong. Also, the guy who said he hated god, OKAY! You can believe in god or believe in flying chickens, as long as your intentions are good and your are a good citizen, your faith doesn't not matter. You can be Christian, Hindu, and Muslim, or hate good and do good things. When you go to jail, are they going to ask your faith? Faith is more like a guide. May mistake faith as a rule book but remember we are all different and apply things different. As long as we are good, nothing else matters.
LoS is right, I guess that's why we don't normaly see you agreers in this section... :P

Good and bad always have distinct difference.
Lol, there is no difference. It's a point of view. Add up all of the different cultural ideas of good and evil from the world together, and you will have it clashes from each side. Morality is just a point of view...

To a anti-idol worshiper, worshiping an idol is a sin when in true fact, it doesn't matter how worship (as long as it is good and doesn't not harm anyone).
Yeh, a lot of religions would disagree with that... How do you define good? You personally?

Understanding the big bang also help us understand why the way we are. And now for your burning people alive statement. All religions are some what corrupt.
I say most religions are very corrupt. Even with your statment, it would have to be telling you something? If they're deceitful then who do you trust?

Why must only women where the hijab and not men. Women too can desire men based on physical appearance. Some Hindus in India burn their wifes when their husbands die. But it states in Hinduism that the mother is most important person in ones life and women possess 7 godly attributes while men posses 3. There are many misconception that is because we feel that it is the right way.
That's what faith is, doing crazy things for a god you've never met. It sounds like you have taken a separate journey to god, which in a way, I can respect. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Holy idols in Hinduism in not a must and the mythology is not actually true. But the people of India believe that because they are simple farmers and do not understand the complexity of their religion so they make up things.
Wow, you've just offended a lot of people there, especially with that "they're all farmers" part. I see no difference in flawed mythology of Hinduism or Christianity. They all have flaws, big flaws, in fact I say that the bible has stolen a lot of its religion from the Pagens.

If it's going down it's because other people don't like what you have to say. I personally don't put rep down because you have a different opinion to mine, I will put it down if you say something complete asinine though...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
@LoS: Good and Evil are relative, not absolute. God is the only absolute Good. (by definition, don't take it "literally" ::))

Now, you can define Good as anything that doesn't disrupt the freedom of others. And this is also what freedom about: Being free without disrupting the freedom of others.

Since God is the absolute Good, any of his deeds or actions or anything by God is Good. That's why it is said he's infallible.

@Saucy: The human is the one who corrupted religions. =/ And lol, I don't do crazy things for my God. xD

Religion will always be flawed as humans are flawed. The only thing we can do is to try to do the right thing which is not always easy. The Church seems to have forgotten that. =/
And it's true that various religions took parts of other religions. For example Buddhaism took this idea from Christianity:
"You can't be enlightened (or saved) if you're bound to material things."
The first commandment says "Don't have any other God's beside me." That generally means, there should be no thing to love and respect more than God itself (yes Saucy, it, lol). Again it's a metaphoric commandment. For example you can't have both: money and God. If are not ready to share it like God tells you, obviously you love it more than God. And that's the sin. =/ It's a constant sin of the human race. =/ Of course, but that's just the point of a Christian view.

If it's going down it's because other people don't like what you have to say. I personally don't put rep down because you have a different opinion to mine, I will put it down if you say something complete asinine though...

Me, too. I don't rep-- for not having the same opinion as me. I only rep-- if you're being a twat. I actually rep++ for having a different opinion as me, stating it out good and accepting my opinion as it is as well. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 12:56:55 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
i would define good according to my Super Ego (the moral decision making process in our mind). Good is good and bad is bad. Killing a human and eating him is wrong even if it is cultural. What do you gain from eating a human? Pride, victory, self confidence? No offense, but i think this is the same way for gay people. I think that laws should go against them because gay people are focused on sexual desires. They are gay because they like men, that is the only difference. They value sexual desires some much that they see themselves as a people. you like men because you want engage in intercourse with them, not to be friends or have a good time. If you did, you can a friend who is a girl. As you can see here, to a gay person it is okay to be gay, but the another it is not. We have to understand and see the real purpose of ones actions and determine if it is good or not. Many people would terrorist are freedom fighters, but in reality, terrorists kill more civilians then armies. If they truly want to be freedom fighters, they should attack the enemy only or use the power of speech. You can't be a freedom fighter if you kill your own people. Religion is corrupt but some parts aren't. Being good, respecting elders and parents, does that seem corrupt to you? The key points of religion are not about how the world was created or who is better, it is how to be good. What is corrupt is who is better, how deserves to live or die. These concepts contradict religion totally. If Islam is about peace, then why does it say that all non-believers should be converted or killed. Those who do not believe in Allah are doomed to hell. Everyone is different and everybody will not bow down the same way. If you enter a room with 100 people and tell them to look right (with a mike to project you voice when everybody is listening), 30% will turn right, 30% will ask why, 10% will look left, 10% will not listen, and 10% will ask what was the question. 

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
i would define good according to my Super Ego (the moral decision making process in our mind). Good is good and bad is bad. Killing a human and eating him is wrong even if it is cultural. What do you gain from eating a human? Pride, victory, self confidence?
Grow out of the faerie tail, nothing is black and white. Good and evil hardly exist and just tell me why it's your  perception of good and evil that are correct..? Actually, let me answer that, it's because you grew up were you did, in the place you did and with your particular guardians. Point's of morality aren't pre-programed, they're made.

No offense, but i think this is the same way for gay people. I think that laws should go against them because gay people are focused on sexual desires.
Wow. Pull out the white cross... Homosexuals are just as capable for love as you are. Just focused on sexual desires..? Have you ever been gay? No? Then your going on hear-say, and a twisted idea.

They are gay because they like men
Isn't that being sexist? Women can be gay too by the way.

that is the only difference. They value sexual desires some much that they see themselves as a people. you like men because you want engage in intercourse with them, not to be friends or have a good time. If you did, you can a friend who is a girl. As you can see here, to a gay person it is okay to be gay, but the another it is not. We have to understand and see the real purpose of ones actions and determine if it is good or not.
Who the fuck made you the judge and jury..? You sound like the rest of the religious sheep, how the hell did you get this notion?

If they truly want to be freedom fighters, they should attack the enemy only or use the power of speech. You can't be a freedom fighter if you kill your own people.
Sometimes the enemy is  their own people, and often in certain countries people are killed for speaking their mind. That's why there are freedom fighters. Also the last major terrorist attack was on their enemy, it was called 9/11.

Religion is corrupt but some parts aren't. Being good, respecting elders and parents, does that seem corrupt to you?
Try reading into the whole thing rather then just stating the parts that where stapled to your brain.

The key points of religion are not about how the world was created or who is better, it is how to be good. What is corrupt is who is better, how deserves to live or die. These concepts contradict religion totally.
No the key points are a bunch of fables and death threats. The "be a good fellow" parts are rare in between and contradicted.

If Islam is about peace, then why does it say that all non-believers should be converted or killed. Those who do not believe in Allah are doomed to hell.
Uhhh, Christianity says the same thing. But then again, I don't really see a difference between the two.

If you enter a room with 100 people and tell them to look right (with a mike to project you voice when everybody is listening), 30% will turn right, 30% will ask why, 10% will look left, 10% will not listen, and 10% will ask what was the question.
And I guess the missing 10% would have killed them selves because of your pointless rambling.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:37:08 PM by Deliciously_Saucy »

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Are you saying that 9/11 is good? It is bad no matter what you say. US blowing up Iraq, bad too. Good and bad, black and white, positive and negative. They don't look alike, they don't sound alike, they aren't alike. People thought 9/11 was a good thing, right. Because of 9/11 Iraqi is in the gutter. Because of 9/11 so many lives are gone. Can you say that the line between good and bad is blurred? Now about the gay comment. What is the definition of gay or lesbian (i am going to us gay because it is easier to write)? one who has prefers the same sex. Why do they prefer the same sex? Is the reason a positive or negative one. Are the values involved efficient enough to justify the choice. NO. you can never tell if something is good or bad if you look at it from one angle or another. you have go into every angle and see the true motives for their actions. Why did 9/11 happen? What were their intentions? Was there any other way? Was is neccesary to start a chain reaction which smashed Iraqi?

I thought Christian were suppose to respect all religious and accept them. Can you tell me exactly what it says?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:32:01 PM by oneray »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
"General 9/11 why did they do it"
What happened to the post were you conceded defeat..? People read things pretty fast around here...

1) Yes it was more then 'just' to them. I fully understand their point of view.

2) It was caused as a retaliation to an American attack on their people.

3) It has nothing to do with the lines of morality being "blurred". Do some research, people all over the world do have different ideas then you. Many cultures even sacrificed family members in joyous ceremonies. I assure they didn't think down inside "damn, we're fucking evil, but hey, how about we pretend  we're going good!"

4)
NO. you can never tell if something is good or bad if you look at it from one angle or another. you have go into every angle and see the true motives for their actions.
You just contradicted yourself.

5) There are plenty of ways to do things, but not many when you live in a dirt poor, dictated and deaf country. "Please America, don't bomb us anymore! K?"

6) And finally good and evil are identical in my  perception. As with many of people.

I thought Christian were suppose to respect all religious and accept them.
No, that's Buddhism.

Can you tell me exactly what it says?
Exactly? It says to kill all other faiths and those who don't follow Yahweh. Yeh, that's pretty much exact.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
seems I can't change your perception of good or bad.  :-\As there are those who:
6) And finally good and evil are identical in my perception. As with many of people.
there are those who can or do see the difference of good and evil. But i would like to ask you: Is good and bad, the same as right and wrong?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:25:58 PM by oneray »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
seems I can't change your perception of good or bad.
You can't get your own story straight, why would you influence me in the slightest? Conquer yourself and your own ideas before trying to change others.

there are those who can or do see the difference of good and evil.
Yes, the ignorant and those who believe they are pre-existing.

But i would like to ask you: Is good and bad, the same as right and wrong?
In the sense that they don't exist outside of cultural perseption? Absolutely. All actions are equal to them selves.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
you are ignorant. you haven't once agreed to what i said. I atleast did and respect you but all you do is critize me in everyway! That is why we are damned as you say. People like you! You think your preception is number one the only way. Accept that there always an infinite number paths to one goal.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
you are ignorant. you haven't once agreed to what i said. I atleast did and respect you but all you do is critize me in everyway! That is why we are damned as you say. People like you!
I criticize and don't agree with you because I think you are wrong. This was a poor reply.

You think your preception is number one the only way. Accept that there always an infinite number paths to one goal.
Paths and ideas are different things. I accept the idea of multiple choices to a goal, I just think you happen to be wrong and your points to be weak if not confused.

Yes, the ignorant and those who believe they are pre-existing.

You happen to fit into one of these categories don't you? You've stated that good and evil/ right and wrong are set in cement and fully identifiable. I wasn't wrong there.

You can't get your own story straight, why would you influence me in the slightest?
You appear to change your opinion every second post. I'm not attacking you, I'm simply stating what I see.

This is called debate, as arle said, we all turn into hard-asses here. I respect many peoples different ideas, even those that are different to mine, take LoS for instance... Just because I disagree and debate your thoughts doesn't mean I'm attacking you. Oh, just to let you know, I haven't put your rep down once. 

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I thought Christian were suppose to respect all religious and accept them. Can you tell me exactly what it says?

Christians say, if you were once Christian and are not anymore, then you are doomed. It doesn't accept others, it just says, somebody who has never "heard Jesus' word" (aka was never a Christian) isn't neccesary doomed if (s)he does the right thing all his life (you know what I mean (>.<) ).

Locking this now because it is turning into a POINTLESS religious debate AGAIN and because I am too lazy to split the topic.
If you want to talk about "What's Good and what's Evil", make another topic or wait until somebody splittes this here.

@Saucy: Some Christians are so annoying trying to convert people. You're really being as annoying as them with trying to convert people the other way. =/ Always saying "little religious puppet", "religious sheep" and stuff like this. =/ I thought you were cooler than that.

GOOD AND EVIL WERE, ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE POINTS OF VIEW. END OF DEBATE.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:10:25 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!