RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What's your opinion on gay people?

Rep:
Level 85
What's your opinion on them, and why? Personally I don't have a problem with them, and I don't know why anyone should, but I'm still interested to hear what you think. Also I'm bi! Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 04:51:33 PM by justin »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Have no problem with the people themselves (as long as they don't hit on me). After all, one of my distant family members is gay. However, I do not agree with the choice and I believe it's wrong.  Because I believe in the Bible, it says it's wrong. Plus, (my opinion), it's just not natural.

As for being born gay. That doesn't mean you look around one day as a kid and start to get interested in your own sex. That means that since birth you've always liked the opposite sex. A majority of the people who are gay have been abused by their fathers. I don't mean physical abuse or anything, maybe just something like no attention. Et cetera. Trying to fill their life with a male figure.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 89
Gay people in general don't bother me. I have gay and bi friends, they dont try to push anything to serious on me and it doesnt bother me.

I guess this would depend mainly on religion or life experience. But i wont get into tose because things could go bad (I see some form of religious argument occouring here so ill leave what i have to say at that)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Gay/Bi people only bother me when they go out of their way to make it public that they're gay/bi, like I'm supposed to care, get offended, or give them some kind of special attention for it or something.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
Yes, thanks for your replies. I understand your points of views and I'm happy that your opinion is not something absurd. Like, kill all the gays. Or something.

A majority of the people who are gay have been abused by their fathers. I don't mean physical abuse or anything, maybe just something like no attention.

My father never abused me in any way, physically, emotionally, or attention-wise, and I turned out to be bisexual. Whatever someone's sexuality turns out to be, I'm fairly sure lack of a father figure has nothing to do with it. Although, in some cases it might. Just not with me, haha.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It's the modern era. Our time is now, this includes everyone.
Quite a number of my friends and acquantainces are gay (or bi) and there's nothing wrong with them, really.

They're still human. ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
A majority of the people who are gay have been abused by their fathers. I don't mean physical abuse or anything, maybe just something like no attention. Et cetera. Trying to fill their life with a male figure.

Uh what
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Lol, kill all the gays xD

I don't think I've ever known someone who thought like that, besides that one church. (can't remember the name)

@Halo : It's natural for humans to try and fill their lives with something they never had as children. It's not a difficult concept. For example, a guy who never had enough money to get toys as a child ends up spoiling himself when he gets the money to. Stuff like that.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I oly turn Bisexual because . . . say I just started to read certain stuff I shouldn't have at a young age because of curiosity & my parents are the kind to not telll you stuff ti'll your around 19 or 20 -.-

Seriously, I did not understood until then.

But, it all depends on the situation given :/

Rep:
Level 89
@Halo : It's natural for humans to try and fill their lives with something they never had as children. It's not a difficult concept. For example, a guy who never had enough money to get toys as a child ends up spoiling himself when he gets the money to. Stuff like that.
You have a point, but since when did "Abuse by father" lead to "Lets have sex with the same gender"

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
You have a point, but since when did "Abuse by father" lead to "Lets have sex with the same gender"

Getting emotionally attached to a male figure (or anybody for that matter) can lead to sex. Or just a relationship in the first place. How's the best way to start a relationship with a girl? Be her friend. Same with guys. The reason this doesn't (usually) happen in families, is because a relationship of that magnitude within a family is seen as taboo. If you don't see homosexuality as a taboo, then it's simply the next step.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't like gay people. I don't like them because I find the thought of anal sex disgusting, even when it's a man and women preforming anal sex. Something about it seem so damn wrong.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Tsuno has basically the same idea as me. I could care less what two men do in their bed, but if they do that shit in public (make out, whatever), I get ticked off; I don't care what anyone says, it's really not natural.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Right, 'cause all gay people have sex. Right?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It's perfectly natural to make the connection between relationship and sex. In fact, in today's day and age, a sex-less relationship would be nearly unnatural.  The point you're trying to make is pretty weak, Rabbit. Especially in a discussion that relies heavily on what is "natural" and what isn't.

Level 61 get.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Homosexuals do your stuff at home please. I dont mind you showing affection to each other out in public just dont get too frisky before getting a room.

Rep:
Level 85
I don't like them because I find the thought of anal sex disgusting, even when it's a man and women preforming anal sex. Something about it seem so damn wrong.

Ah, I don't see anything wrong with it. But to each his own - some sexual positions aren't ideal to other people. However, what people do in their bedrooms shouldn't affect your opinion of them. It's their own business, and as long as they're not shouting their sexual feats in your face, you shouldn't think less of them.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I don't like them because I find the thought of anal sex disgusting, even when it's a man and women preforming anal sex. Something about it seem so damn wrong.

Ah, I don't see anything wrong with it. But to each his own - some sexual positions aren't ideal to other people. However, what people do in their bedrooms shouldn't affect your opinion of them. It's their own business, and as long as they're not shouting their sexual feats in your face, you shouldn't think less of them.

I have to agree. (Except with the whole having no problem with anal sex).

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I just find homosexuality extremely unnatural.

If whoever created us (I believe in a Christian God) wanted men to mate together He would have given us a vagina and a penis.
I'm at edge when it comes to homosexuals; I am just a smidgen homophobic, if that makes sense.

Rep:
Level 85
Ah, but it is my belief that if God truly didn't want homosexuality then he would have made sexual attraction between men nonexistant. Also I'd like to think that God wants us to do what makes us happy.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Why are you guys bringing religion into this?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Why are you guys bringing religion into this?
Religion stops here. :-X
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
Yes, thank you. I couldn't find a way to say that without sounding rude, although you seemed to manage it just fine. Religion always manages to creep it's way into any homosexuality debate, which is a shame seeing as how a much more intelligent conversation can occur when you put aside the 'argument' of "God said so."

Rep:
Level 85
Scooby dooby doo
I've made a conclusion.
Gay people are gay.  :bean:

Lol, I don't mind them, but with a homophobic dad, I don't like flamers.
||||||||||
Lol, cool I made a rainbow. It fits the thread.

I know the rainbow is wrong, but I tried :(

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Ah, but it is my belief that if God truly didn't want homosexuality then he would have made sexual attraction between men nonexistant. Also I'd like to think that God wants us to do what makes us happy.

I'm not going to bring religion into this thread more than I've already done in my initial post.
I will however, speak about the logic that you used.

Saying God would make attraction between males nonexistent if He didn't want there to be homosexuals is flawed. That like saying if God didn't want people want old guys raping and murdering prepubescent girls then he wouldn't make them attracted to the girls.

I realize I'm using extremes, but it's the same logic.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!