RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What Made Man ? God, Evolution or Aliens...? (Or Add your own if you wish)

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
To me it has to be one of the 3 I mentioned.

God... Did he put us here ?

Followers of the two largest faiths (Christianity 2.1 billion & Islam 1.3 billion) Seem to think so... I don't want to argue with all of them or upset some of the fanatics amongst them, I wont rule it out, it's very plausible with such backing, and it's not disprovable so it remains a contender of great weight... God Made Adam and Eve placed in the Garden and most of you know the rest...

Evolution... Did Nature evolve our closest counterpart the primate into man ?

Evolution is a great Theory and regarded as fact in most scientific circles... I wont say it doesn't happen as I know it does, but I can't see how it does for us becoming a creature not adapted to nature but a creature that adapts nature to us, and in that same notion of us not being a bi product of Natures changes and us adapting to those changes to me puts Evolution out of step with Man Kind.

Aliens... Did they come to Earth and Create us ?

Not sure why they would do this... But to me it is the most founded of the three, reason being there are countless planets and may be countless races of people (Aliens) We have space travel, we can make changes on a Gentic level, why can't they...?

For every one that doesn't want to read the above I have made a Video:-

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:29:37 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
If that is you, you are too old to post here.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
LOL... Yeah it's me... I am still young enough to enjoy game Computer game making !!

So what are your thoughts on the content rather than my Dapper looking self ?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:28:53 AM by landofshadows »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
LOL, we have a million topics about this kind of shit.

Below is what I think of the video in white, so you must highlight it.  :mex:

LOL YOU NEED A LIFE OUTSIDE OF CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND QUESTIONING WHY YOU ARE HERE.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I have a feeling a few posts from now this topic will be locked. >_>
:tinysmile:

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
QUESTIONING WHY YOU ARE HERE.

That's the biggest question of all time... And the one many people have strived for an answer for.

YOU NEED A LIFE

Says a Teenage Girl who is sitting in-front of a PC adding replies that don't add to a debate ?

But I am not wanting ANOTHER argument on who is sadder than who... I am trying for a reply from some people that make RPG games (There for have some imagination) I mean most RPG's have large twists and Conspiracy's within them, well the more adult ones do...

Also I have not geared this topic in any direction, I have left it open to Religious, the Scientific and the Sci-Fi genera... So any one really could reply, I haven't forced my view, I have merely conversed it... so on that note this topic differs some what to others.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOL YOU NEED A LIFE OUTSIDE OF CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND QUESTIONING WHY YOU ARE HERE.

No Eva, there you are wrong. You're taking it away from this topic (the topic) and it's okay if he likes posting in IT and being a forum member, he's going to politics.
Just like Roph.

And you too.
Arlen is hot.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Aliens... Did they come to Earth and Create us ?

Not sure why they would do this... But to me it is the most founded of the three, reason being there are countless planets and may be countless races of people (Aliens) We have space travel, we can make changes on a Gentic level, why can't they...?

But then who made the aliens? And who made whoever made the aliens? Who made whoever made whoever made the alien? It just goes on and on.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
And who made the aliens pets?

We have evolved from ramopithicuses or some things like that, which were made when the Earth was formed.

how was the Earth formed- by the BANG or by God will just be blank.
You know, this question will remain unanswered until someone makes a time machine.
Arlen is hot.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
But then who made the aliens? And who made whoever made the aliens? Who made whoever made whoever made the alien? It just goes on and on.

Topic Title What Made Man...?

Not what made Aliens or started Everyting... Just what made man...?

Here's some great video's:- http://www.allaboutscience.org/evolution-of-man-video.htm
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:27:59 AM by landofshadows »

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm going to say some sort of being was created in the initial big bang, purely by random chance of infinite amounts of molecules colliding, after it was all done, and so much random nothing was going everywhere, isn't it possible it could have created a sentient being?  And then evolution took place from this one creature?  I know it sounds like a longshot of random molecules just hitting in the right spots to make a living thing, but we can't know how many big bangs occur, or how long it was since the last one, so for all we know, in the grand scheme of infinite time that the universe exists, nothing is unusual, because in infinity, everything happens, nomatter how low or impossible the chances.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Another method could be frequencies... Like Radio Stations and such like the operate in different levels, may be there are beings as you mention around us right now, kind of like how we can see Bacteria but they can't see us.

It could be that like the Bacteria we have inside us we are just the Bacteria inside a larger creature...

All of this is possible... Yet not provable... And doesn't help us understand What made Man...

So what did make Man...?

The Big Bang happend long before any life appeared on our planet, but for some reason when we talk about the start of life we automatically see Earth as a starting point...

I don't wont to get to wrapped up in the Big Bang Theory, I am looking at the dawn of man around 4000 bc (If your a creationist or follow scripture of the bible) and 6 Million years ago if you follow Evolution.

I am looking at time that First Upright walking man came to pass with the brain capacity that we have now, the First Human.

You see I can't understand why Primates evolved in such away that they stepped out of Nature and started haversting Nature... Why would the Planet eventually help create a creature that would destroy the planet...?

Looking at some of Earths other creatures can also open up similar questions, but just focusing on Man alone shows shows SOME floors in the theory of Evolution being the SOLE catalyst.

I agree Evolution may help in subtle changes, like skin pigments, nose shape etc...

For me all the stories of Alien Sightings, Crashes & Abductions all add up to there being an external interest in us and us in them, especially in the last say 20 years, as technology becomes more advanced and camera's and video being on most persons new footage is coming into the public eye, yet most have been put across as fakes its hard to hold truth in them.  But for some reason people hold more truth in an Archaic book (the Bible) or the opinion of One man (Charles Darwin)...

External Tampering with our gene pool for me is the only realistic theory...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Ugh, fine, I will contribute.  :mad:

We can never really know what created the earth, because they are all theories, and a theory is defined as a "In common usage, people often use the word theory to signify a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation. In this usage, a theory is not necessarily based on facts; in other words, it is not required to be consistent with true descriptions of reality. True descriptions of reality are more reflectively understood as statements which would be true independently of what people think about them. In this usage, the word is synonymous with hypothesis. This common usage of theory leads to the common but misguided statement "It's not a fact, it's only a theory."

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
we are just the Bacteria inside a larger creature...
I've thought this before, or that out entire solar system or planet is just a single cell of what we would worship as god.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
"The silent wind of doom!"
Hmm, cool discussion.
I believe we have evolved, but I also believe in a higher power.
I also believe that we have reached our zenith and are devolving.
Yep, we are heading into the new Dark Ages. Right and wrong are not as black and white as they used to be.
So much technology and corruption in politics. God's voice is more silent than it ever was.
Now lucifer is moving his puppets into place. Preparing.
And as for Aliens.. I think crop circles and lights in the sky are signs from the planet,
rather than beings from outer space. They are to warn us of the coming doomsday.
And, yes, I am being serious.
~Soopa Ninja~

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I going to say God created us, but this is from a Hindu perspective. No Adam or Eve, just he created the universe which ultimately lead to evolution and vola, MAN! 

And is that you in the video?

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
I am going to back up GOD on this one.

IF scientists get to the point where they can duplicate GOD's experiment by making LIFE out of NOTHING, then I will reconsider my opinion.

Until then,,it was GOD who created LIFE,,and of course by the process of evolution we became Humans.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Aliens.

When a meteor shower fellon Earth millions of years ago, part of Mars brought bacteria to Earth.
Which in time became what we are now.

Don't any of you watch Discovery Channel?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
"The silent wind of doom!"
When a meteor shower fellon Earth millions of years ago, part of Mars brought bacteria to Earth.

So we are technically all Martians?
Besides, I thought they havn't actually found any bacteria on Mars.
~Soopa Ninja~

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Nooo,,you got it all backwards.  Obviously,,ancient Egyptians were so advanced that they built spaceships and flew to Mars.  That's where they died.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 98
Nooo,,you got it all backwards.  Obviously,,ancient Egyptians were so advanced that they built spaceships and flew to Mars.  That's where they died.

Ok, that's just ridiculous. Be serious here.  :mad:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

So we are technically all Martians?
Besides, I thought they havn't actually found any bacteria on Mars.

Pretty much.
They did.
So, we're practically searching for ourselves. We're Martians!
Well, the bacterias were.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Sumerian's seem to think we have an Alien connection... Look them up or watch this:-

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Hey, I think I also saw something similar.
There's also some Egyptian Hieroglphs, that has a picture VERY similar to a Helicopter, A submarine, and a flying saucer.

I'll look for the pic...

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Go and look around for OOPARTS, they are objects that shouldn't be where they are, ie, a jet sculpture from Egypt, a battery from Baghdad thats thousands of years old, or a metal sphere that existed before the dinosaurs.  Strange stuff, look into crystal skulls found at Lubaantum too.