RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sightings of Plesiosaurs world over your opinions or sightings ?

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female MemberLO !!f*ck u >:(^_________________^
The difference, though, LOS, is that sharks are fish and plessies are reptiles. There is no way that a plessie would be able to survive 200 m underwater,for reasons I've stated again and again. The little shark is only 1 m long. Plessies were much larger. And the shark seems to be a regular catch that just wasn't identified as a distinctly different species. I've never seen or heard of plessie fillets being sold in mercados.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
arguements that uphold the loch, seem to be getting very weaker n weaker

Rep:
Level 87
well, now ye be getting the RITE facts my friend, vote NO in the modern plesiosaurs topic

quote from oneray
I think it is possible. It is hard to believe that all animals were killed, especially those in water. All those theories of volcanoes, ice age, and blocking of the sun killed out most marine life, as we know today. So i think there is NO plesiosaur.

edited quote, wow so many error, didnt bother to correct em all, i mean, whats the point of editing a quote, if they're just to lazy to READ the RECENT POSTS

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
well, now ye be getting the RITE facts my friend, vote NO in the modern plesiosaurs topic

quote from oneray
I think it is possible. It is hard to believe that all animals were killed, especially those in water. All those theories of volcanoes, ice age, and blocking of the sun killed out most marine life, as we know today. So i think there is NO plesiosaur.

edited quote, wow so many error, didnt bother to correct em all, i mean, whats the point of editing a quote, if they're just to lazy to READ the RECENT POSTS

Ummm....Is it just me, or do you have no proof what so ever that what you're saying is true.
Eeeewell, I have no proof of what I am saying, and yes, that picture does look like a stick, but we can't just totally deny that they don't exist anymore and can't exist anymore.

Rep:
Level 87
even if they did exist, there still wouldn't be enough evidence to back it up, sorry, but there just isnt enough.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
If they do exist, they would be an endangered species. What's to say they aren't an endangered species? How do we know, that there are more of them than there are of us, it's possible, and no one can change that fact, nor can one assume that they do exist, yet we can believe, and your strong will is more powerful than the media and science.

But how can you prove that they don't exist? (I'm not trying to flame, sorry if it comes out like that)

But certainly, there is more evidence out there proving that they exist, because no there are more believers than skeptics.
Because on a subject like this, people who are interested in it, research it, and find more stuff about, people don't care about cryptology, if they did, we would have found these things along time ago.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
The difference, though, LOS, is that sharks are fish and plessies are reptiles. There is no way that a plessie would be able to survive 200 m underwater,for reasons I've stated again and again.

Humm... But then there's thing slike this:-

Rare Frilled Shark caught on tape in Japan
24 January 2007, 11:42:47 | Kanchan

The frilled shark, also known as a living fossil, a primitive species that has changed little since prehistoric times was spotted by a fisherman who thought that it was an eel like species.
He alerted the officials at the Awashima Marine Park in Numazu, who captured it and filmed it.

An official at the park is quoted to have said:

We believe moving pictures of a live specimen are extremely rare, They live between 600 and 1,000 meters under the water, which is deeper than humans can go.

The shark appeared to be in poor condition when park staff moved it to a seawater pool where they filmed it swimming and opening its jaws. Eventually it died. Unfortunately large numbers also die in the nets of bottom trawlers.

Or even the Whale shark that can go to those depth's... And if your argueement is they aint reptiles... Giant Sea Turtles can go to those depth's...

But you do raise an intresting point, and you could be right that an animal with such a long neck couldn't go to large depth's... But I am not so sure...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 87
If they do exist, they would be an endangered species.

First of all, if they were, they'd be on the endangered species list by then. Second of all, we're not sure if they are. Third of all, if there were more of then, we'd be able to at least examine a few. Of all the years, we've been able to document endangered species, and provide care for them. They can be the simplest things, to the common fish, to the birds.

What's to say they aren't an endangered species?

we don't know yet.

How do we know, that there are more of them than there are of us, it's possible, and no one can change that fact, nor can one assume that they do exist, yet we can believe, and your strong will is more powerful than the media and science.
like i said, theres insufficient evidence to prove they exist. Sure, a believer can grab info from an outdated encyclopedia, or pull info from a plessie fan site,

But how can you prove that they don't exist?

as opposed to proving that they do? We don't know yet, as far as im concerned, no one's been able to prove their existence, but from many scientists and researchers, i assure you, they'll say there is no plessie. 

But certainly, there is more evidence out there proving that they exist, because no there are more believers than skeptics.
sure, information from outdated encyclopedias, and plessie fan-sites, really are called evidence. Gee, i never knew pulling information out of your ass was considered evidence.  :-\

Because on a subject like this, people who are interested in it, research it, and find more stuff about, people don't care about cryptology, if they did, we would have found these things along time ago.

im sure there are grown up believers out there, if there were, we WOULD have found this thing a long time ago. Looks like the plessies aint cooperating, or is it im assuming, no one gives a damn.  :-\

theres alot of people who are interested in crypts, but most of them, i doubt, will tell you that the plessie does exist, using factual evidence, rather than beliefs.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I don't think you understand what I meant....

I was saying, that we have more evidence because skeptics don't research it, and people who believe it research it to find more proof about it, thusly, making the upper side of the hand go to the researchers....  :-*   ;)
People don't care about cryptology, only cryptologist's do. Or people who are interested in it.
If more people cared about cryptology, I'm sure we would have spent lots of money on cryptology research. The Government, that is.

sure, information from outdated encyclopedias, and plessie fan-sites, really are called evidence. Gee, i never knew pulling information out of your ass was considered evidence.  :-\

:setzer:

The difference, though, LOS, is that sharks are fish and plessies are reptiles. There is no way that a plessie would be able to survive 200 m underwater,for reasons I've stated again and again.

Humm... But then there's thing slike this:-

Rare Frilled Shark caught on tape in Japan
24 January 2007, 11:42:47 | Kanchan

The frilled shark, also known as a living fossil, a primitive species that has changed little since prehistoric times was spotted by a fisherman who thought that it was an eel like species.
He alerted the officials at the Awashima Marine Park in Numazu, who captured it and filmed it.

An official at the park is quoted to have said:

We believe moving pictures of a live specimen are extremely rare, They live between 600 and 1,000 meters under the water, which is deeper than humans can go.

The shark appeared to be in poor condition when park staff moved it to a seawater pool where they filmed it swimming and opening its jaws. Eventually it died. Unfortunately large numbers also die in the nets of bottom trawlers.

Or even the Whale shark that can go to those depth's... And if your argueement is they aint reptiles... Giant Sea Turtles can go to those depth's...

But you do raise an intresting point, and you could be right that an animal with such a long neck couldn't go to large depth's... But I am not so sure...

There are tons of accounts like that.
Explanation?

Rep:
Level 87
I was saying, that we have more evidence because skeptics don't research it

right... evidence...
oh skeptics research it alright. like the ones BBC reported on, true skeptics, they went out of their way into finding this creature, and found no nessie.

and people who believe it research it to find more proof about it

why am i getting the feeling some believers sit on their asses, in front of the computer, eating twinkies and saying "i saw a plEzziE, omgZ0RZ, let me spread this crap on wikipedia and spamZ0RZ it on other websites, and then back it up with information I just shitZ0RZ in the toilet."

thusly, making the upper side of the hand go to the skeptical researchers....

People don't care about cryptology, only cryptologist's do. Or people who are interested in it.
we have more skepticism than what a cryptozoologist gets paid for.

If more people cared about cryptology, I'm sure we would have spent lots of money on cryptology research. The Government, that is.

well, theres chances of finding a plessie, if some people are reasonable enough to fund research. But then again, the chances are low, and now, we have inadequate, yet precise evidence that plessies dont exist.

and please don't post pictures of creatures underwater or underwater in general, i have aquaphobia, and forum mods, i'd like it if you delete every post with what i just said (im aquaphobic)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:44:12 PM by Ruhani777 »

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
That fish you guys were showing...I think has no relation dinosuars or reptiles. It is actually part of a special class of chordates that don't have backbones or something like that. I sort of forget since I had bio last semmester.

Rep:
Level 87
I dont really care, but this topic is about plesiosaurs dude.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female MemberLO !!f*ck u >:(^_________________^
<Dr_Sword> Have you noticed that everything that has survived 25 million years (coelcanths, crocodiles) people go big woop, but when something dies 25 million years ago people are all like OMG OMG OMG OMG WANT
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
<Dr_Sword> Have you noticed that everything that has survived 25 million years (coelcanths, crocodiles) people go big woop, but when something dies 25 million years ago people are all like OMG OMG OMG OMG WANT

So really, this is a case of people going OMG WANT, and attempting to say "Hey look we got ourselves a dinosaur."

I CLAIM TOURIST PLOT, PEOPLE GO OMG WANT! They go to Scotland, dont see anything because it doesnt exist (anymore)
THAT WAY, they wont come to the big woop conclusion, and people will continue going to Scotland.

Other Plesiosaurs, you bet ya Im all for it. But Nesse is a psssh no. Dinosaurs cannot have a population in a lake without being seen. Thats like USA trying to hide from China

EDIT: DJANG BEAT MEH

Rep:
Level 87

So really, this is a case of people going OMG WANT, and attempting to say "Hey look we got ourselves a dinosaur."

I CLAIM TOURIST PLOT, PEOPLE GO OMG WANT! They go to Scotland, dont see anything because it doesnt exist (anymore)
THAT WAY, they wont come to the big woop conclusion, and people will continue going to Scotland.

Other Plesiosaurs, you bet ya Im all for it. But Nesse is a psssh no. Dinosaurs cannot have a population in a lake without being seen. Thats like USA trying to hide from China

very funnily put together, indeed

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Colossus!!!!! <3333333333  8)

Ruhani, is the only reason you don't believe in nessies, is because you're aqua phobic?
And I don't sit on my "ass" all day and go on wikipedia, infact, I rarely go on wikipedia.

But, I believe in plesiosaurs, and I believe that, if other animals survived why couldn't they have too? Please answer?

Rep:
Level 87
nah, i'd still not believe in the nessie, even if i wasn't aquaphobic, i'd grow up and try to search for it.... but the chances are very close to "0" of finding it....

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Ruhani777 - Think of the grants you could get to go searching for it... Be fun too... and a challenge, and who know's what you may find, you may not find a Plessy but you may find some thing else thaught to have been dead !!!

I admit the chances are so small of finding such a beast alive today it would be like finding an ice cube in hell.

But how cool would it be if one day we can reach the bottom of the sea and find a Giant Monster type creature... or explore the whole of the amazon and find some thing simular...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
That would be awesomely sweet.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I think that the depths of the oceans might just have some scary things going on... Has anyone here read invisible inhabitants?  I think thats the title of the book.  It's pretty old, and a hard read, but it explains why alien life may not be so alien, and sightings of UFOs corresponding with water.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Alot of people think aliens are more like things from another dimensions, mainly cryptids though, like the mothman.

But, I'll check that book out, I hope they have it at borders!

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, I am a little unsure of extraterrestrial life, but people are seeing something strange going on, whether it is some hidden race, another universe fading into ours, or whatever it may be.  (as a side note, UFOs really started getting publicity around the time that nuclear bombs were being produced, and at point pleasant, the place where mothman used to be, there was an old nuclear waste site called the TNT area, perhaps you have heard of it?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yes I heard of it, I read part of the book, I had to stop reading it, because some of it freaked me out...  ;D

But, you make a great point about the UFOs being publicly scene around nuclear times.

Ruhani777: Hydraphob[ic][ia] would be right, aqua is latin.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
There was a show on ROD's kind of UFO's or insects know one is really too sure what they are, but they are not visable to the human eye and can only be captured on film.

As for Sea creatures and dinosaurs making it through to modern day... I guess we have proof it can happen, with Sharks, Corc's, Lizards etc... So if we did find a Plessy, I wouldn't be shocked.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
RODs can only be captured on film with night vision during the day.

I don't know why there are so many skeptics, like you said.
As for Sea creatures and dinosaurs making it through to modern day... I guess we have proof it can happen, with Sharks, Corc's, Lizards etc... So if we did find a Plessy, I wouldn't be shocked.