RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sightings of Plesiosaurs world over your opinions or sightings ?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
*Bio runs out the door and we hear a car start and drive away*

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Hey, I'm far from done yet.  It's hard to get good material off the internet.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
No, not at all.  It will take me a while to find it on the internet though.
true, even i tried searching, it took me a nifty minute to find my info.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I said good material, Ruhani.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female MemberLO !!f*ck u >:(^_________________^
His seems better and more logical than yours so far :/
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 87
mine or bio's?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I beleive she means yours, which I find utterly insulting.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Be insulted then.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Rep:
Level 87
you feel insulted only because I AM, right, and you're wrong, so says some people, just not myself.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I think it is possible. It is hard to believe that all dinosaurs were killed, espically those in water. All those theories of volcanoes, ice age, and blocking of the sun can't really accept marine life very much. It is usually dark down there. So i think Lock Ness is alive and kicking. Or maybe somebody just ran over the last Ness a couple of mintues ago. ;8

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
For what it's worth I think you're both fuckwits.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
i believe in it, but im not actually saying its real, theres not enough evidence to back this up, and so says the GOV'T who trys to cover up evidence of intelligent life  :P

Wait, are you just saying, that you'll only believe it if there is enough evidence to back it up? baaaaaah

I believe in it, I think there are more things in this world that we don't know about, than we do.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
You know, I wish there was a rule in ID that all replies must be over a certain length... All you guys are doing is flaming and spamming in what's supposed to be a health debate...

This Topic is based on Opinions and alledged sightings... I was hoping for pictures, stories, or at least opinions like those at the start to keep coming... But for some reason some people are having their opinion's rammed back down their throats...Ruhani777 didn't need the responces he got for expressing in detail his opinions.

Taken in Loch Ness 17.14 on 30 July 2005

The creature was estimated to be
about three and a half meters long and was about fifty meters offshore.

This sight goes into detail on neighbouring lakes and legends, it's a very good read:- http://www.mysticalblaze.com/MonstersNessie.htm

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
One of the strongest things about it, is to say that there isn't some large, unknown creature it loch ness, then what accounts for thousands of sightings?  To say that it doesn't exist, every single sighting must be a misidentification, if even one is a true report of something, then you are wrong, and there is something there.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
http://www.lochness.co.uk/images/lochnessmonster.jpg

It looks like a stick poking out of the water. Funny how with the advent of digital cameras and high quality photos, nobody gets a picture of it anymore.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
One of the strongest things about it, is to say that there isn't some large, unknown creature it loch ness, then what accounts for thousands of sightings?  To say that it doesn't exist, every single sighting must be a misidentification, if even one is a true report of something, then you are wrong, and there is something there.

I could use the same argument for Christianity bio, something you don't believe in.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I think the liklihood a plesiosaur existing is much greater than that of god.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
TAKEN:- fifty meters offshore...

I have a wicked digital camera, but even on that I doubt I would have gotten a better image...

Rep:
Level 94
That picture looks like a small stick taken very close up. It only has the illusion of being filmed from a distance.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
There is supposed to be more than one in lake Champlain, in New York, and I guess lots of people have seen it, and there are old Indian legends about monsters in  lake. They had paintings of them I heard, the one thing I can believe, is if, they would say it, because, back then, they had no "white man" to impress, so why would they lie, of course, it could've just been an old fake legend.

So, I personally think yes, there are, not only in Loch Ness and Champlain, but also in other places. But I think, the one in New York is more probable, because Lake Champlain is a lot bigger than Loch Ness. 

Anyway, I think if they are there, and hunter's will try to find them, kill them and sell them, because they're probable worth tens of millions...A Zoo would kill for them. I think it's the same as big foot, if we do find them, there are going to be more people hunting than trying to save them, thusly most likely killing them off.  ;9 

Rep:
Level 87
it'd be easier to find creatures in lakes, rather than oceans, because of the size of both of them.

and if a team were to find a plessie in those lakes, they would, but since they have gone through excessive searching, they weren't able to find one, and they weren't just the people who gave up after a failed attempt to find their key, that they dropped in the water.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
LOS- Holk is right. Why would that picture be such shit quality AND in black and white :/ And fifty meters off-shore? The entire surface area of the loch is only 56.4 km^2.

Also, it seems that you guys have yet to take into account that PLESSIES CANNOT BEND THEIR HEADS THAT WAY. Bio, the plesiosaurs evolved more so that they could reach their necks downwards rather than upwards. And even then, if their vertebrae could support such articulation, there's still this thing (you know what gravity is, right?) that would have tipped their bodies so that the majority of the neck was underwater anyway, making it completely impractical for them to have the thing in the first place, which would, inevitably, lead to them evolving so they had shorter necks. Through simple logic, your theory about them evolving so their necks went up that way is blown out of the water.

Think about it this way- you can bend your head forward pretty far, and you can curl up into a ball pretty easily. However, you cannot bend backwards as well as you can forwards. It's been the same way through our evolution for years. In fact, it's pretty much the same way for all vertebrates. If our backbones were able to bend all willy-nilly, what would be the point of having them? It isn't logical that the plesiosaur would have evolved so that its neck could bend up.

Because of their large lungs, the plessies would have been pretty bouyant. They probably did the thing alligators/crocodiles/whatever do today to be able to keep themselves submerged more easily. Still, they would have been float-y. And once again,PLESSIES WERE REPTILES. You know, cold-blooded. Why would a cold-blooded animal go down deeper into water where it is colder? (That's also another reason they wouldn't be in the Loch Ness- toocoldtoocoldtoocold.) So because of their buoyancy, and because they needed to stay close to the surface of the water where it was warmer, which direction do you think the plessies would have had to bend their necks so they could eat supper? Oh right! DOWNWARDS.

Also, Bio, you said plessies may have evolved to where they had some form of echolocation type of thing? Not even likely. Unlike whales or dolphins, plessies don't have the phonic lips used to MAKE clicks or squeals like the whales/dolphins do, and they never would- look at their teeth.

It's true though, that my theory about plessies fighting over space is purely speculation. I was just guessing- it's still certain that the Loch Ness is simply not large enough to support a thriving population of the things, pygmy or otherwise. There aren't THAT many fish in the loch, and the ones that are in there aren't huge, but are of sizes that wouldn't be so easy for a teeny plessie to attack.

Personally, I don't believe any type of plessie is alive today. It's true that there is a very, very, tremendously miniscule, minute chance that the things could have survived (one in a gazillionfillion), but there is really no way there could be a Nessie-plessie.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:19:39 PM by Djangonator »

Rep:
Level 87
yes, djang is right-o, if you look at modern reptiles today, you don't see clumps of them packed together, so yes, if they did exist, we'd be seeing plessies all over the loch. Reptiles are cold-blooded animals that fight over territory, and needless to say about their mating patterns, the males would fight for dominance over the female, and if this were to happen, the likelyhood of seeing a plessie is high.

god you're just like any gov't out there, trying to hide something big, yet turn it into a small problem. We STILL don't know if there IS indeed, any prehistoric reptile living in the loch. So yet again, you're wrong.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I have quoted my-self below...

Reason why may not see them is they avoid us, like all other sea creatures... It's like the Whale Shark you wouldn't know it was there unless you was in the water about 20 meters away from it, and it's massive...

Think of the size and depth of the ocean and the size of a Plesiosaur, then think of the size of a diver and how far they can see underwater...

Finding a Plesiosaur would be like finding a needle in a hay stack... doesn't mean it's not there... You can't prove there is a needle in a Hay stack... And the only thing we have to go on are peoples reports and crap photo's...

I would like to think the Plesiosaur or simular did make it through, and they are alive today... But common sense, scinece, and nature kind of goes against that theory...

I know it's very unlikely there are any alive today, but there could be good reasons why we are not seeing them...

Just like this New Shark Species:- http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0313_060313_shark.html

No doubt been on the planet For million's of years... Who knows for sure what secrets the sea holds ?...

Yeah OK, may be the Loch in Scotland aint the best or ideal place, or best use debate