RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Martinsgamegallery (submit resources in forums)

Rep:
Level 91
true... so instead of having to face problams steal their design by rewriting it on your own using basic html knowladge (changes should be done in the notepad and then saved in .htm/html format

if the design is too hard for you to make on your own, then try something more simple that reflects your skills, as simple as that

(i'd actually enjoy seeing html pages that weren't made by programs more than pages that look the same as others since they were made in those programs, i am sure people who know their way around html like me will agree)

also rikku- no way any company will even notice your site is hosting anything illegal since i doubt they can be stuffed looking around small , profitless sites
holy shit my sig was big!

Quote from: blueXx
true... so instead of having to face problams steal their design by rewriting it on your own using basic html knowladge (changes should be done in the notepad and then saved in .htm/html format

if the design is too hard for you to make on your own, then try something more simple that reflects your skills, as simple as that

(i'd actually enjoy seeing html pages that weren't made by programs more than pages that look the same as others since they were made in those programs, i am sure people who know their way around html like me will agree)

also rikku- no way any company will even notice your site is hosting anything illegal since i doubt they can be stuffed looking around small , profitless sites

HEY! I have not stealed any layout this time. I've designed it myself using blue voda! http://www.bluevoda.com  anyways, it needs an account to host, and it costs, but use IE when previewing in browser and click "Edit with FrontPage" button to get it on your own host.

Quote from: therophster
Blue Voda is a website making tool made by VodaHost, so you're probably using VodaHost for your hosting. If you're not, then you're bound to run into some problems as they clearly don't want you using their website maker then hosting it someplace else.

Sorry, i have my own technique to avoid Voda Host! I just preview in browser, and click edit with frontpage button, then i host it to B-One with FP, smart huh?

Rep:
Level 91
you didn't understand it at all...
the usage of a program itself means you did not make it as it was in a program, it's sort of like saying you did a game in rpg maker without saying it was in rpg maker.

the very usage of a base program in order to make a thing means you had a lot of help making it.
(you still did a certain amount of work, but if you can't without the program then you can't fully say "hi look i made it on my own") , that also works on usage of images other people made, by using it you get a lot of help  :wink:

and the "smart way of yours" is the normal copycat way, that is using the source of the page...

anyways, i xpect too much, i know html so i wanna see ppl who are not using programs, it's a bit like knowing programming and xpect ppl to make rpg maker from air cus otherwise they get a lot of help Xx

bottom line, try making one yourself, it's funner, far easier than scripting in maker btw, but not as ez as simply blind or semi-blind editing to get results (unless you blind edit in html Xx)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I use a program to make my site (I'm not gonna bother learning HTML as I don't use it that much) but I make everything from scratch, and I especially don't steal anything, either images or layout. *cough*
bringing sexy back

Crank, split or delete the posts from where it got outta hand. I AM making everything from scratch! I start with a blank page, add pictures i make myself, adding text boxes, and those grey boxes, html boxes etc. When i'm done, the program generates a html code i can copy and paste into a blank page in FP.

I use a program to make my site (I'm not gonna bother learning HTML as I don't use it that much) but I make everything from scratch, and I especially don't steal anything, either images or layout. *cough*

Also, i did not steal ANYTHING this time, i've made background myself too! Everything was made by me this time, and that ffshrine layout i stole was not copyrighted, so everybody could take it, AND i asked the owner, and she said it's ok, as long as i didn't make too many changes!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Wow, the owner of ffshrine got a sex change  :O_o:
bringing sexy back

Wow, the owner of ffshrine got a sex change  :O_o:

Sorry, my bad for bad spelling. Edited it.

OOOOOOOKAAAY! The new layout is ready. just goto http://www.martinsgamegallery.net

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Not bad, you should make the menu button more obvious, aka so you can see it, otherwise you have to scroll right, and im on your forum now!

Rep:
Level 91
although it was made with a program (Which i consider very downgrading) the layout looks really bad, colors don't match and that space bg doesn't fit anything

also this line:
All material used on this site is copyrighted (c) to martinsgamegallery.com
is quite disturbing, you did not make those pictures, they could be found elsewhere i am more than sure, and you did not make the text comments/forum/anything on your own, all a copy paste of codes work done by blue voda...

but i can't really xpect more than that, can i?

so for the last time, stop saying it's all yours cus xcluding the placing, nothing is yours (and the placing is very unproish)

Anyways, i stick to that one. Blue Voda is a drag and drop program. That's why, AND nor more talking about me stealing. It's already programmed in the Blue Voda, so i just find a place to put it, therefore it's not stealing. Second: Most of the stuff there is HMTL'ed by me, and thirdly: I'm finished stealing layouts. All in another, if you keep saying to me that i steal layouts now ('cause i've stopped doing it) i will make sure you can't join my forums!

OK, back on topic: Submit games you've made in the forums, resources, etc. Use whatever uploader you'd like to, and i'll make sure the link comes up on the website, as my host does not allow filesharing (bad huh?), so anybody knows of any good free hosts that i can host the games on? If so, i'll make my site normal again... When i says hosts, i mean free website publishers, not RPG Maker sites, lol.

Well, my host is watching all sites 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

They'll find out, but filesharing is not illegal, but they don't have that much space on their servers to function as an external harddrive and/or a filesharing server... That's damn bad, and my parents won't let me change host to servage.net! They have a starting of 15 gigs and unlimited of everything, and no restrictions on filesharing... But, i'll just have to keep to B-One...

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Rikkuholic

that's what they want you to think  :wink:

anyways try http://www.freewebs.com , sure they suck bad but for as long as you don't hit 100 enteries a day you won't find any troubles with it (and if you pass it then after a few days it will complain about passing the limit...(won't let any1 enter your site until the end of the month... )

Quote from: Rikkuholic

that's what they want you to think  :wink:

anyways try http://www.freewebs.com , sure they suck bad but for as long as you don't hit 100 enteries a day you won't find any troubles with it (and if you pass it then after a few days it will complain about passing the limit...(won't let any1 enter your site until the end of the month... )

No they do. I uploaded something big, and an hour later, i got an e-mail telling me that if i didn't remove that file in one hour, they'd close my domain.

Rep:
Level 102
www.megaupload.com

Or if you're professional about it (like rembrant.net) you buy the actual server itself, not a hosting account on that server. 4Gbs of downloads and counting!
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
yeah... and we will host any file any size... btw i checked out the site, it looks okay - ish - sort of - not -kinda - i think its the background image most of all... looks abit stupid and un-profeccinal etc.
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
i agree with thebodge sort of, i used to use a drag and drop program so i wont say you suck but there is one thing that is driving my insane...  that voice is so annoying it is driving me insane and... AHHHHHG i hate it!!!!! but i have to say other than that good job.

also if you have troubles making a layout your self, as in by actuall html code then you should hire a programmer or some one to manage your site, thats how i did things till eventually i just learned to make my own so i am not calling you a noob or a theif, but i am giving you helpful hints on how to make your site better. but i have to say your forums are nice, but the skin looks a bit windows 98-ish so you should look for a stylish one thats uhh stylish :D . also if you need a programmer i would be glad to help if you want, i hire for free at the moment since i am on what i call a probationary stand(i think thats the term[correct me if im wrong]) meaning im basically being tested on my skill(2 weeks down 2 to go).

also if you wanna build your own site but you dont want it to look like you obviously used a program then you should just use dreamweaver, found at www.macromedia.com , though i generally use notepad now its helpful for those tedious layouts with tables so umm yeah you should try it out it has a 30 day trial(though i own the program).

also keep in mind that these are just helpful things to remember and its not the ONLY way you can do things its just the way i did them, plus i may be wrong because everyone is  entitle to their own preferences so i honestly say you should use whatever you feel comfortable using, so if your comfortable with that blue vode thing-a-ma-gigger then im sasy use it, but bluexx is right you shouldnt say you coded the whole thing.

one last thing, bluexx and therophster, you guys are being unusually mean, im not trying to assume but for all we know rikkuholic may be an unexpeirienced site builder and is new to the whol general concept so if you start saying things liek "oh you stoile this and that" or "you didint code it u used a drag and drop program you didnt make anyof it and ur a theif" then he would feel upset or insulted(though he takes it very maturely). so what im getting at is that you should say constuctive things to him not ONLY focus on what he did wrong and qulitatavely critisise his site and not give suggestions.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Lol, the day gets better......
Cloud master i agree with everything you say lol

Current Project: Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee

Quote from: Cloud Master
i agree with thebodge sort of, i used to use a drag and drop program so i wont say you suck but there is one thing that is driving my insane...  that voice is so annoying it is driving me insane and... AHHHHHG i hate it!!!!! but i have to say other than that good job.

also if you have troubles making a layout your self, as in by actuall html code then you should hire a programmer or some one to manage your site, thats how i did things till eventually i just learned to make my own so i am not calling you a noob or a theif, but i am giving you helpful hints on how to make your site better. but i have to say your forums are nice, but the skin looks a bit windows 98-ish so you should look for a stylish one thats uhh stylish :D . also if you need a programmer i would be glad to help if you want, i hire for free at the moment since i am on what i call a probationary stand(i think thats the term[correct me if im wrong]) meaning im basically being tested on my skill(2 weeks down 2 to go).

also if you wanna build your own site but you dont want it to look like you obviously used a program then you should just use dreamweaver, found at www.macromedia.com , though i generally use notepad now its helpful for those tedious layouts with tables so umm yeah you should try it out it has a 30 day trial(though i own the program).

also keep in mind that these are just helpful things to remember and its not the ONLY way you can do things its just the way i did them, plus i may be wrong because everyone is  entitle to their own preferences so i honestly say you should use whatever you feel comfortable using, so if your comfortable with that blue vode thing-a-ma-gigger then im sasy use it, but bluexx is right you shouldnt say you coded the whole thing.

one last thing, bluexx and therophster, you guys are being unusually mean, im not trying to assume but for all we know rikkuholic may be an unexpeirienced site builder and is new to the whol general concept so if you start saying things liek "oh you stoile this and that" or "you didint code it u used a drag and drop program you didnt make anyof it and ur a theif" then he would feel upset or insulted(though he takes it very maturely). so what im getting at is that you should say constuctive things to him not ONLY focus on what he did wrong and qulitatavely critisise his site and not give suggestions.

The voice is yes, it's annoying. Second *whispers so nobody hears it* can u gimme the activation code???

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
oh ok.. what excactly do you need an activation code for, dreamweaver? well tell me when the 30 day trial runs out then ill give it to you just in case you dont like it and all.

Quote from: Cloud Master
oh ok.. what excactly do you need an activation code for, dreamweaver? well tell me when the 30 day trial runs out then ill give it to you just in case you dont like it and all.

Sure, i'll try it out.

bumpies *mmmmm* got it? Bum Pies! Anyways, my forum is dead! Come on, post alot there.

Trip trip triple post. Hehe, anyway, making site from scratch, it's published, take a look.

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back

Quote from: Silverline
Fail.

S+!  :P  Anyways, how about saying CONSTRUCTIVE THINGS, and not focus on what i failed with. Gimme a list of what i should do. And what's a good site layout for you guys?

Rep:
Level 102
You use pure black background, red text, stretched images, bad JPG compression, banner ads, scrolling text and a hit counter.

Screams GEOCITES at me.
bringing sexy back