RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The End of Mankind . . . .

im in ur interwebs, pointin out ur stupids
Rep:
Level 87
We keep but don't really value is....  :=:

We take, but we don't really value what is reality. Computers, video games, books, movies, tv shows, virtual reality...
I think stupid kids will see dumb movies like 28 days later and want to invent the rage virus, same with resident evil.
Media is corrupting this world...if there were a virus, I'm sure it wouldn't be a zombie transforming virus, but rather, something that can corrupt things, and break them down, multiply on our cells, gain our knowledge...Maybe a little far fetched...

What if aliens do exist, and they are just waiting for Chuck Norris to die...

I just registered to say that you're fucking retarded. Kthnxdie.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

We take, but we don't really value what is reality. Computers, video games, books, movies, tv shows, virtual reality...
I think stupid kids will see dumb movies like 28 days later and want to invent the rage virus, same with resident evil.
Media is corrupting this world...if there were a virus, I'm sure it wouldn't be a zombie transforming virus, but rather, something that can corrupt things, and break them down, multiply on our cells, gain our knowledge...Maybe a little far fetched...

;8

What part was weird? The Chuck Norris part? That was a joke...
I was saying that media is killing off reality, and making, this very grotesque way of viewing life, eventually, nothing but sci-fi houses, curfew, guards, etc...

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Everything. Also, why haven't you cut yet? You really should, seeing as you're still acting incredibly retarded and nothing you're saying makes sense.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
It does make sense...

Media gives us an impression of a "perfect" life that's not real.
We go out, act like these people we see on tv, do things we see, repeat things we do.
Eventually, giving us a virtual reality, mixing in with movies and tv making it even worse.
Killing be comes a fact, guerrillas, rebels, guns, violence. End of World.
(Or at least a post apocalypse)

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
No, it makes no sense.
You're overestimating the influence the media has on people's thoughts and actions. People don't go around imitating Dr. House or Tony Soprano.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
No, it makes no sense.
You're overestimating the influence the media has on people's thoughts and actions. People don't go around imitating Dr. House or Tony Soprano.

I've seen my fair share...
And Dr. House? He's just an ass, but he saves people.

The influence media has on people's thoughts is how much they believe, mainly, the news.
I've never seen the Soprano's, well, only once, and less than half an episode. It kind of sucked...  :=:

Media plays a huge factor in almost everything. Food even.
Most people don't go see something like Scar Face and go out and kill a bunch of people, but there are sick people in this world, stupid people, who want to try it.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Movies don't turn people into murderers. It'd be great if you supplied evidence to the contrary, however.
Also, I was just pulling random characters out of my ass- I don't watch much TV, and I'm not  a House fan nor have I seen the Sopranos. But it'd be obvious if people were tying to mimic TV characters, and they don't. They mimic their peers and mentors.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Movies don't turn people into murderers. It'd be great if you supplied evidence to the contrary, however.
Also, I was just pulling random characters out of my ass- I don't watch much TV, and I'm not  a House fan nor have I seen the Sopranos. But it'd be obvious if people were tying to mimic TV characters, and they don't. They mimic their peers and mentors.

OPPS!
Sorry, (bout that, I hit post by accident!)
people also mimic idols...if someone mimics an idol who does something, you don't think they;ll rub off on them?
And mentors and peers? Same thing.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

OMG LOL

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
I don't see what is is wrong with using characters found in movies and TV shows as role models. If it makes a person happy to draw on TV, movies, or books for inspiration then why should we care?

Edit: what is the difference between using, say, William Mandella as a role model and Jesus from the Bible?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 09:32:18 AM by Saladin »

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Movies and stuff like that are just outlets for our desires. It is our nature to push ourselves, fight, and go on dangerous adventures. We bottle that all up due to the rules of society. We humans were meant to do more, not sit around and make babies!

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
If a person chooses as a role model a violent character off of TV, it's probably a sign that the person is fucked up to begin with and probably would pick an equally bad, if not worse, mentor independent of the media.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Going back to the topic, (sort of), I like Vonnegut's view on possible extinction being something formed from opinion. Its not really to be taken very seriously, but it is interesting. One of his scenarios has people's opinion of money virtually disappear, so people are all starving to death even though there is still no shortage of food. Basically, an opinion changed, and brought about a famine.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
aha, I'm so happy that I made a topic that has grown to be one of the most popular in Intelligent debate.

:bean:
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
And I'm so happy that you bumped a dead topic with such a useful and insightful comment.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
UNLOCKED TOPIC