RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Focusing on Creationism

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
But then there is the question of who created the creator.
I expected that, but it's more logical than matter forming with nothing to form it, nor any space to form in.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
How is it more logical?
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
How is it more logical?
Because matter can't form in nothing unless some powerful being creates space. How a creator got there, I don't know.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
How is it more logical?
Because matter can't form in nothing unless some powerful being creates space. How a creator got there, I don't know.
If matter can't form in nothing, how does the creator form in nothing?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Because matter can't form in nothing unless some THING creates space. How a creator got there, I don't know.

Fixed to make more sense. Besides, you don't "create" space. That defeats the purpose of space, a LACK of anything whatsoever.

And I don't think there's any way to answer that question, religous or not. Other questions must be answered first before any answer to THAT question can be taken seriously in an argument.

That being said, I think we should save it for later.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Approx.

2.1 Billion Christians
1.3 Billion Muslims
1.1 Billion Atheists
900 Million Hindu
394 Million Chinese Folk Religion
376 Million Buddhists
23  Million Sikhism
14  Million Jews

And lots of other idiots.
Any chance of them all agreeing on one single philosophy?

You'd have more luck getting Bush to understand Boltzmann's constant or Einstein's theory of relativity.
What makes people with different beliefs than you make them idiots? That's like me calling you an idiot because you believe in looking like an emo jackass. I may not be an atheist, but I don't think they are idiots for having their own opinions.

No, they are idiots because they believe that aliens came and dropped other aliens into volcanoes and then used machines to catch their souls and brainwash them with 3D movies..

Quote from: Djangonator
If matter can't form in nothing, how does the creator form in nothing?

Most of the major religions go around that by the notice of the creator always being there, thus never being formed.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Yeah, I'm not completely stupid. gtfo n00b

Anyway, before any form of creationist could refute the Big Bang theory or anything, they couldn't logically use the reasoning that it "didn't happen because matter doesn't just appear" without answering where their creator came from first.

B the way, Arrow, you can create space. Just depends upon what kind ;)

Rep:
Level 102
Approx.

2.1 Billion Christians
1.3 Billion Muslims
1.1 Billion Atheists
900 Million Hindu
394 Million Chinese Folk Religion
376 Million Buddhists
23  Million Sikhism
14  Million Jews

And lots of other idiots.
Any chance of them all agreeing on one single philosophy?

You'd have more luck getting Bush to understand Boltzmann's constant or Einstein's theory of relativity.
What makes people with different beliefs than you make them idiots? That's like me calling you an idiot because you believe in looking like an emo jackass. I may not be an atheist, but I don't think they are idiots for having their own opinions.

No, they are idiots because they believe that aliens came and dropped other aliens into volcanoes and then used machines to catch their souls and brainwash them with 3D movies..
This is intelligent debate, not South Park discussion.
So you have no reason to hate people with religons.

Rep:
Level 88
I don't hate things.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
1.1 Billion Atheists

If you're going to make up statistics try to make them somewhat believable. Your statistics on Buddhism and "Chinese folk religions" are off by hundreds of millions, and saying that there are a billion atheists tells us that you don't know anything about religions outside of your own.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 01:17:23 AM by Saladin »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Aha! A contradiction! I submit that Elegy should revise, then repost his statement! Then, we will cross-examine it once more! And once more, we shall find a contradiction, completely destroying any credability he once had!

AND THEN HE'LL LEAVE.

Hopefully.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:52:20 AM by Arrow-1 »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If there was a god, it wouldn't have made you look like a chick.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
So there really is no logical explanation for how the big bang was caused, yet people believe in it? Even though matter cannot form without time or space and time and space cannot form without a creator?
Well let's put it this way: We don't know how life is exactly formed, but we still believe it exists. While you may say that is because we have mass amounts of evidence to support the theory that life exists, well we have mass amounts of evidence to say that the bigbang happened, you just don't understand it, or perhaps don't want to.

With the expansion and acceleration of the universe, the only logical explanation  when these numbers are put in reverse, is one massive explosion to set it all off. Just remember: Bigbang theory isn't a "full stop" explanation, it also doesn't state that matter was formed from nothing. I also don't see why so many religious types are against the bigbang theory, it really doesn't clash, can't you just say that god set off the bigbang..?

There are many things that we don't have proof of, or proof of it's creation, that we still believe in. Just because an answer brings up more questions, doesn't mean it's not the correct choice or something we shouldn't believe in.

Remember; you believe in a god that has less evidence of it's existence then we have on the bigbang, so it's coming off quite ironic for you to say that.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
The Big Bang wasn't an explosion.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
No but most people recognize this, and rather then saying " an expansion that is taking the rest of the universe away from us"  I feel explosion ( even though it's not ) is the easiest word available in helping people understand. It's a trivial matter.

Edit: In simpler words; The planets by themselves aren't moving, it's the universe that is expanding, pulling the planets by the universes gravitational pull.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 07:19:28 AM by Deliciously_Saucy »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The big bang "didn't" happen, it is still happening. The whole thing about the big bang is that space is infinite, as well as being redundant at the same time. Its hard for me to explain how this is possible, and its hard to imagine at first. If you all really are interested in this type of information, and aren't just here to stick your two cents in, I suggest reading "A Complete History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. It gives you facts and equations, but it is written in a way that the information isn't impossible to decode. Its all pretty fascinating, and while being from a purely scientific standpoint, it laterally gives creedence to there being some kind of intelligence to the design. I'm not in any position to guess at what that intelligence is, but it sparks the imagination. If you read this book, and are interested in more, I would say check out "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. This is a little more flexible in the fact department, adding neutrinos, superstrings, and multiple dimensions to the mix. Very interesting, if not a little technical. I got goosebumps while reading it.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
it laterally gives creedence to there being some kind of intelligence to the design.
Perhaps you would like to tell us how it does this..?

Rep:
Level 94
Well, mostly it is my belief, and I'm not trying to push it on anyone. I just feel like with something so perfectly integrated and extravagant, there has to be some sort of intelligence involved. Not necessarily human or animal intelligence. I don't believe that science and divinity could exist alone, and they are both intertwined. But like I said, its just how I feel.

Rep:
Level 88
Well I didn't make up those statistics, I searched the net for statistics and thats what came up.

And I may look like a chick, but chicks are hot, besides it's a statement, I don't care that makeup is a perdominately female thing, because it makes me look hot.
So I'll keep using it just like the ancient egyptians did.

Quote from: Arrow-1
Aha! A contradiction! I submit that Elegy should revise, then repost his statement! Then, we will cross-examine it once more! And once more, we shall find a contradiction, completely destroying any credability he once had!

I had credibility at some point? Yay. ^_^

EDIT: 69 posts, also hot. ;)

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
I may be new here but I am as much of a scholar as you guys are. First of all if you read the fossil post from others and cave crashing and ect. then yoou can see it does not take that long to make fossil or even the Grand canyon for that matter. Second could not have God being an all powerful being not have created the earth with age so that we might have recouces that would normally take years to creat phisicly be created in an instant with Just a few words(Genesis 1). The big bang theory is just an excuse for an atheistic view about how life is created and therefore since they are rejecting God they are proving that they are sinners and not following God's will in life. 

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I may be new here but I am as much of a scholar as you guys are.
Is that a compliment, or insult..?

First of all if you read the fossil post from others and cave crashing and ect. then yoou can see it does not take that long to make fossil or even the Grand canyon for that matter. 
Yes, I'm sure that's explains away every fossils "religious age problem"... Wait...

Second could not have God being an all powerful being not have created the earth with age so that we might have recouces that would normally take years to creat phisicly be created in an instant with Just a few words(Genesis 1).
>_> Uhhh, what do you mean "create the world with age"..? Time would be meaningless to a god, why take a short-cut? Perhaps your god is impatient?

The big bang theory is just an excuse for an atheistic view about how life is created and therefore since they are rejecting God they are proving that they are sinners and not following God's will in life.

1) THE BIGBANG IS NOT EVIDENCE, NOR DOES IT TRY TO EXPLAIN THE START OF EVERYTHING.

2) No it's not an "excuse", it is factual. OH WAIT! The scientist must be lying about this proof as a way to destroy your religion! Yeh they also must of lied about mathematics too, and perhaps they're covering up the lochness monster and ET as well!

3) Yes I reject the notion of god, any god, and in the last few days of my Christianity I decided that hell would be much more fun compared to heaven so I'm set either way.

4) Ever heard of the "Divine Plan"? Basically a plan for every human, according to this Yahweh has already set a path for me, wouldn't that make it directly him, if not him coercing me to take the Atheist, hell-bound path..?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 01:41:55 PM by Deliciously_Saucy »

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
Shut up, first of all he wants all of us to go to heaven it is your choice if you want to take his offer and therefore take atheism as a choice. Second yes the big bang theory is proof of atheists to explain how we all got here what else could it be. The earth with age is refering to that if thier was no age we would all die withn weeks thats why there is no oil and other energy recources because they would take thousands of years to make more so we need to conserve it.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Yes, I'm sure that's explains away every fossils "religious age problem"... Wait...

What kind of arguement is that?...
Also:

How many martyrs for Aethiesm do you see? NONE
There are many Christian martyrs and before you go and say the terrorists are martyrs as well, they're not. Killing or commiting suicide for your belief is different than being murdered for your belief.

Who do you see being murdered for their belief? Jews and Christians. Wow, I recall something in the Bible saying that many would die for His name.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 88
Yes, and the bible also preaches not forcing your religion on others.
It doesn't say christians should try to convert people, it says they only have to talk about their religion if someone seriously wants to know.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
Explain your definition of forcing: A:Killing people or believe. or B: Letting them know that we are there and won't give up on letting them know how we believe.
 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.Acts 1.