RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Separation of Church and State.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Quote from: Gon
And you've all the right to provide evidence. It'd be fucking wonderful if you did.
You also have all the right to review and criticise what we've provided! It'd be really fucking wonderful if you did.

I thought I made it clear that there are no evidence, do you even read my posts?

Idea: Read a short article about evolution. Hell, read the dictionary definition. I know at church they probably tell you that evolutionists believe everything's just random chance- but we don't. It's years upon years of natural selection and change, little by little.

I have never been affiliated with any so-called "religious" organizations, that includes the church.

I... can't... stop... laughing...
Seriously you fucktard, it elsewhere justifies warfare, self defence, etc. I'm not sure what the original Hebrew is, but I imagine it's not a word for word translation for the KJV. You don't even know anything about theology?! You don't stop failing at life.

Keep in mind, I already explained that the OLD TESTAMENT laws do not apply anymore.
And the King James Version of the bible is flawed and mis-translated.

Just so you know, legs can't take you everywhere. Nor can bicycles. You'll get tired. Or you'll need speed, or you'll have a heavy load to carry. Oh fuck, you're going to need a VEHICLE. Even if it's not a gas guzzling SUV or truck, you may end up supporting the evil bus system.

Legs can take my everywhere, if speed is necessary, I'll start walking earlier.
If I get tired, I'll stop and rest. If I have a heavy load to carry, I skip it and do something else instead..

You do realise that science requires strenuous study, right? It's not a mythos, it's observable and documented! We do know quite a bit about start and planet formation, and meteor's origins. I'm not all that knowledgeable in astronomy to get in a detailed discussion on the subject, but if you look these up I'm sure you'll find treasure troves of information.
Don't use ignorance to make you look smart. It doesn't work well.

I have looked it up, there is no knowledge of where meteors come from, there has never been an observation of a star forming.
Only theories.

Why do you ascribe so much importance to faith? You'd rather believe something just because... because? No evidence, no proof... no nothing?

There doesn't need to be a reason for believing, humans don't need a reason for acting, animals have a reason for everything they do, but we're not animals.
And I have just as much evidence for my faith as you have for yours, and in my opinion mine is more likely.

Quote from: Saladin
So you're full of shit?

Basically yep.
I'm making claims without anything to back them up just so people will get angry.
Because I'm just that bored! ;)

Quote from: Saladin's website
Ideas in evolutionary biology change rapidly as new evidence is found.
So they haven't changed then.

That website was boring and claimed evolution doesn't concern the ultimate reality, how can evolution say there is no god and then not supply this "scientific" explanation for how everything came to be? Then by all logical arguments it can't rule out a diety as the creator of everything, yet if a diety created everything, there are moral values and a right and a wrong way to act, the website however claimed there are no moral values imposed by the evolution theory, and there are no supernatural things.
How does this work out?

Quote from: Deliciously_Saucy
And yet you just placed it in one. I guess it is a man's world eh?

The Hebrew god is referred to as a male since Jesus gave the people the symbolic picture of the god as a great father in the sky, which would make it easier for the people to feel a "bond" between themselves and their god.

No one actually belives this god is a man sitting on a cloud in the sky as pictured so many times, though.

And which questions haven't I answered?

Sadly when there is something that exists outside of scientific law and all boundaries don't apply, all you can do is speculate. I just happen to keep my "speculations" within the laws of physics. I was always told that god created science, and that its laws don't apply to him ( it ). With that said, my reply would always be that scientific law isn't a physical thing, so to speak of, and that it would be necessary for even a god to exist. If there was no law surrounding god, then it wouldn't exist. The law may be different, but it would have to be there. If a god exists, in a place outside of the mind, then its domain would have visible laws, even if they where: there are none.

I don't think you're really grasping this concept of nothing being impossible for a god.

Quote from: Deliciously_Sauce
I feel that when a Christian debates about science fitting in with their faith, it's like a fat guy telling you to eat healthy.

Although I agree that christians don't need to try and justify their faith and impose it on others, I think evolutionists have to do the same thing, just like you don't want to hear about religion in school, people who have a faith don't want to hear about evolution in school.

And that fat guy telling you to eath healthy thing, just because they guy is fat doesn't mean he is completely oblivious to what you should eat and what you shouldn't eat.

"It's all far beyond our comprehension", this is just another brick wall answer used to back up lack of evidence, just like "He always existed". I don't respect it.

Again, there is no evidence to present, F-A-I-T-H. Aceptance of ideals, beliefs, etc., which are not necessarily demonstrable through experimentation or reason.

Atheism is a faith, you have to believe that god doesn't exist, it's a contradictory word, like Anarchy or New Archaic.

Quote from: someone (dr. phil?):S
To finish off my post and keep this on topic, I want to say when I entered this topic I wasn't really sure what to think about this matter, but now I think you are totally right. Nowadays many leaders are abusing religion and therefore State and Church should be separated. I agree. Sadly, I have no idea how to stop them from abusing religion... :=

This is where I first came in, State and Church don't need to be separated since the CHURCH is not a religious institution anymore.
If any of you have ever been to church you know that the "priests" just stand there babbling nonsense about things that have absolutely nothing to do with the religion.

Indeed you can't, but if you did that'd be much awesome.
Also, the only people who seem to subscribe to this 'evolution is a religion' bullshit are Creationists looking to discredit evolution in the same way that evolutionists discredit Creationists.

Anything that you have to believe in is a faith or a creed.. And all the evidence that has been layed out pertaining to actual physical matter has been false, these websites with "logical" conclusions as to why evolution is corred are not evidence, I can use logic to prove that women are evil and that motion is an illusion, logic can be used to prove anything.

I'll believe in evolution when I see a missing link that isn't fake.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Elegy - I Back you
There are many people, including renowed Scinetists and theologeons that don't fully back Darwin's Theory of Evolution... Hence why it's still a theory, but it is accepted widley and many elements have been proven, yet there are still holes. Darwin's Theory remains a theory as gentics and DNA sequencing still shows floors in his theory. Part of his theory goes in to explaining why Humans have some Extra organs and he predicted one day we wont have those organs, he also stated that in time we may not have a little toe due to it being redundant, but for changes of that nature the DNA for our make up would have to change... Without Mutation it's not possible according to Genitics and bio-oligists.

Really though you should post about all this in the Life Debate thread.

Back to Topic

In the days of Roman's, Sparta and Troy etc... The Kings would turn to their priests and Gods for advice, religion held a high standing back in the days of yesteryear.  I think now some still see those same values as being nobal, saying your acting in the manner of the Gods or for the Gods is only going to be seen as Devine by those of the same faith...

I wish every one did convert to the way of yesteryear and we still look up to the Sun and thank Apollo... Kind of...
Roman / Norse / Hindu Gods Kick butt...

If we still had seperate Gods for different things then I would have very little problems in adopting a religion, it would make life like one big RPG...LOL

But even still using religion to pass laws or a way of life should never be forced.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
And everyone lives in the ashtree Yggdrasil and the mountains are the uneven parts of the bark :D
And when you die you come to Valhalla where you battle on the plains of Asgard every day just for fun, and afterwards theres a feast every night where you eat Särimner the pig who comes back to life every day to do it all again.

Silly vikings.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Quote from: Blizzard
Quote from: Elegy
You're calling the mutation between a chimp brain and a human brain positive, but there wasn't any mutation since humans never evolved from anything, let alone apes.
Why did you even mention it then?

Because:
I'm just doing this because I love instigating.

You haven't answered my question. You're claiming all the time Evolution is a religion dn you don't believe in it, so why do you even care if there is something like mutation mentioned in Evolution? Since it isn't real like you're claiming, why do you bother?

I agree with you about evolution not being finished though.

You've just said, you don't believe it exists. Why can you agree with me if it doesn't even exist according to your earlier posts?

Exactly!

You're not making any sense here. I asked you:
You've just said, you don't believe it exists. Why can you agree with me if it doesn't even exist according to your earlier posts?
and you just said

Exactly!

Please think before you post.

a) Somebody points a gun at you. You tell him to lower the gun.
b) A wild and angry lion is in front of you. You tell him not to attack and kill you.

I dunno about you, but I would prefer situation a). And Humans have something called mind what makes them a better survivor.

A lion wouldn't attack you if you didn't intrude on the lions territory, and if you're so stupid that you would march into a lions territory, then you really deserve to be mauled for that.

I said:
b) A wild and angry lion is in front of you. You tell him not to attack and kill you.

I asked you a simple question, why don't you answer it. I didn't ask you "Why is the lion angry?". So please stop avoiding questions. If you don't want to answer, don't even quote it. You're just making yourself look more stupid.

So all the people in the middle age were unbelievers, sure.

This was a problem and it's the same problem with the world right now, they listened to their government (which at the time was the catholic church) and didn't think for themselves, I admit it was kinda hard to know what to believe when you couldn't read latin, but people do the same today, soldiers think their government knows best, like they are above normal people... I mean just look at bush, he's below normal people, he has the intellect of a mossy rock, how is he supposed to know whats good for anyone, left alone he would probably have trouble dressing himself in the mornings.

First off the people in the middle ages were not allowed to pleasure themselves. Do you want to say, theses people were living a miserable live not because the Church said it? You're not mking any sense, again. And you totally fail to see the point.

*claps* Somebody made his homework. Didn't see that coming.

I know alot of things about alot of things, but you all seem to take my claims as insults and my insults as claims.

Yes, claiming bullshit and insulting us is pretty much the only thing you have done in this topic.

You call evolution fact, and a "scientific-law".
If it truly is fact, then you should without any problems be able to prove exactly how it happened beyond reasonable doubt, and account for everything from the start to now.
It's not fact if you can't prove it.

I can't prove that you're a guy, does that mean it's not a fact?!

Religion isn't fact, its faith, and no one claims to be able to prove religion, but you claim evolution is a science and thus it should have been proved already, give me the evidence.

I don't claim Evolution is a science, I say it's not a religion, since it is none. Now that the only thing left for Evolution is to be science isn't my fault. Say, do you even know the difference between science and religion? From what I have seen from you so far I seriously doubt that.

Fine. Then you have no right claiming we're all doomed, since you ONLY BELIEVE IT. I'm not telling you "THERE IS A GOD, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN HIM", so you should do the same.

But it's funny how you've suddenly changed your mind, since it was fact all along until now.

I've never claimed religion to be fact, and I have all the right in the world to claim things, just as you do.

Again, you are evading my question. You didn't claim religion to be fact, you claimed that "WE ARE DOOMED! ARGH!" was a fact. Don't you even remember your own posts? Or are you just schizophremic? =/

It's logical. That's why I say it COULD have happened. Somebody gives you a poisoned glass of milk. You BELIEVE it's normal milk, that makes it a religion?

Then you wouldn't mind showing me the logic behind a theory which claims everything sort of just happened by accident?

Answer my question first.
You BELIEVE it's normal milk, that makes it a religion?

Quote from: Gonnoreha
Why do you fucking judge people like that, eh? Do you know what they're thinking? Also, I've said it before, WAR IS NOT FUCKING MURDER. GOD FUCKING ALLOWS IT IN THE FUCKING BIBLE.

Which "fucking" bible have you've been reading, it's one of the 10 commandments, THOU SHALT NOT KILL... It really doesn't get more obvious than that, there are no exceptions.

Really, you're just grasping at straws now..

Do you even know what "THOU SHALT NOT KILL..." means? Do you even know what the word "kill" means?

Religion claims that a god or gods did it, but thats faith, evolution supposedly isn't and then you can't just claim something, you have to prove it.

It was proven numerous times. It's just your ignorance that makes you fail to see and accept it.

(I am really enjoying this ^^ so much fun)

You should get a life.

As I stated above, no it (God) has no gender. He is above this earthly categoration.
And yet you just placed it in one. I guess it is a man's world eh? :P

Lol, you know what I mean. Everybody says "he", so I did it on purpose. But if you haven't left Chirstianity you might have been taught this later. !_!

Well, it says God created us on his image (sp?). If we love and want to create life (children), why shouldn't God think the same way? But again, this is just a speculation.

Sadly when there is something that exists outside of scientific law and all boundaries don't apply, all you can do is speculate. I just happen to keep my "speculations" within the laws of physics. I was always told that god created science, and that its laws don't apply to him ( it ). With that said, my reply would always be that scientific law isn't a physical thing, so to speak of, and that it would be necessary for even a god to exist. If there was no law surrounding god, then it wouldn't exist. The law may be different, but it would have to be there. If a god exists, in a place outside of the mind, then its domain would have visible laws, even if they where: there are none.

I can't explain it. I can only believe. =/

Of course then you get the other types who say that science and faith go hand in hand, and of course this type of guy likes to say he believes in science, but simply ignores parts and cuts and edits certain wordings to make them fit in. It's done in the same fashion of cheating at a jigsaw puzzle.

Lol and the same Elegy is doing all the time. But I agree with you on this part. This is why sects are called "sects". They just take the parts from the Bible/Kuran/whatever and put them together like they want. =/

I feel that when a Christian debates about science fitting in with their faith, it's like a fat guy telling you to eat healthy.

Faith is supposed to "explain" stuff until science can really explain it. But meh, it's just a point of view.

"It's all far beyond our comprehension", this is just another brick wall answer used to back up lack of evidence, just like "He always existed". I don't respect it.

Fine with me, I can totally understand why.

Lol, you made Jesus sound like a surfer dude.

Jesus, the dude, LMAO! <3

I feel in a few decades that the term "Atheist" wont exist. I believe that it will simply be the norm' and no one would consider them selves to be that. The only downside to this is that Christians could use this as "Satan's 2000 year rain" and still believe in their faith...

Yeah, some Christians are really being ridiculious. (-_-') It's a shame... =/ They want to be taken seriously, but then they start talking bullshit. =/

1) I thought god had direct manipulation of what went into the bible. Why would he allow something that is only directed at a specific time period?

God gave humans the free will. He can't (or just doesn't want to? ?_?) manipulate humans in that way. So in other words, the Old Testament could easily be just made up.

2) Of course they wrote it, but wasn't it written with the divine influence of god to be infallible?

Obviously divine infuence isn't enough, since Jesus extra had to come down and tell us the Old Testament is void. =/ Kinda proves what I said under 1). (BTW, that's another reason why I do believe in God; not because of the Old Testament.)

Thanks for unlocking it, I fell asleep in the spa... ... :lol:

*kisses her to wake her up after 100 years*

And you've all the right to provide evidence. It'd be fucking wonderful if you did.
You also have all the right to review and criticise what we've provided! It'd be really fucking wonderful if you did.

I thought I made it clear that there are no evidence, do you even read my posts?

You've only made clear that you're too ignorant to open the links and read them.

Just so you know, legs can't take you everywhere. Nor can bicycles. You'll get tired. Or you'll need speed, or you'll have a heavy load to carry. Oh fuck, you're going to need a VEHICLE. Even if it's not a gas guzzling SUV or truck, you may end up supporting the evil bus system.

If I get tired, I'll stop and rest. If I have a heavy load to carry, I skip it and do
something else instead..

Again, I tell you come over here to Croatia. If you come to your mind until you get here, I'll stand you a drink.

You do realise that science requires strenuous study, right? It's not a mythos, it's observable and documented! We do know quite a bit about start and planet formation, and meteor's origins. I'm not all that knowledgeable in astronomy to get in a detailed discussion on the subject, but if you look these up I'm sure you'll find treasure troves of information.
Don't use ignorance to make you look smart. It doesn't work well.

I have looked it up, there is no knowledge of where meteors come from, there has never been an observation of a star forming.
Only theories.

If you didn't know, EVERYTHING was just theory, before it was proved. You can't say "It can't be, it's just a theory!", since it might come out that the theory was correct.

Why do you ascribe so much importance to faith? You'd rather believe something just because... because? No evidence, no proof... no nothing?

There doesn't need to be a reason for believing, humans don't need a reason for acting, animals have a reason for everything they do, but we're not animals.
And I have just as much evidence for my faith as you have for yours, and in my opinion mine is more likely.

Who are you to judge that your opinion is more likely?!

Basically yep.
I'm making claims without anything to back them up just so people will get angry.

Temp-ban incoming!

And yet you just placed it in one. I guess it is a man's world eh?

The Hebrew god is referred to as a male since Jesus gave the people the symbolic picture of the god as a great father in the sky, which would make it easier for the people to feel a "bond" between themselves and their god.

Correct.

No one actually belives this god is a man sitting on a cloud in the sky as pictured so many times, though.

You do. You have stated it already twice. (Or even three times? Can't remember.)

And which questions haven't I answered?

Start reading this post from the beginning and you'll find out. And don't skim again.

I don't think you're really grasping this concept of nothing being impossible for a god.

Well, physical laws don't have to apply to a virtual world as well... =/

Quote from: Deliciously_Sauce

Although I agree that christians don't need to try and justify their faith and impose it on others, I think evolutionists have to do the same thing, just like you don't want to hear about religion in school, people who have a faith don't want to hear about evolution in school.

The difference is that Evolution is not a religion.

Atheism is a faith, you have to believe that god doesn't exist, it's a contradictory word, like Anarchy or New Archaic.

That's true. This is the reason why Atheism is a religion. You believe there is no God.

Quote from: someone (dr. phil?):S
To finish off my post and keep this on topic, I want to say when I entered this topic I wasn't really sure what to think about this matter, but now I think you are totally right. Nowadays many leaders are abusing religion and therefore State and Church should be separated. I agree. Sadly, I have no idea how to stop them from abusing religion... :=

This is where I first came in, State and Church don't need to be separated since the CHURCH is not a religious institution anymore.
If any of you have ever been to church you know that the "priests" just stand there babbling nonsense about things that have absolutely nothing to do with the religion.

I can see you've never been on a worship, since you are talking crap here. And reading a book (the Bible in this case) isn't babbling if you didn't know. Don't believe me? Open the dictionary.

Indeed you can't, but if you did that'd be much awesome.
Also, the only people who seem to subscribe to this 'evolution is a religion' bullshit are Creationists looking to discredit evolution in the same way that evolutionists discredit Creationists.

Anything that you have to believe in is a faith or a creed.. And all the evidence that has been layed out pertaining to actual physical matter has been false, these websites with "logical" conclusions as to why evolution is corred are not evidence, I can use logic to prove that women are evil and that motion is an illusion, logic can be used to prove anything.

"The root of all evil" is a metaphor, you can't prove that women are evil using a metaphor and a mathematical operation that is just suddenly called the same. =P

You can't prove that motion is an illusion, Newton proved it otherwise already.

AND ANOTHER THING: I can prove to you that space is quantitized. And this is not one of your 5th grade joke proofs.

I'll believe in evolution when I see a missing link that isn't fake.

Lol, you really are full of ignorance. You are more blind than all of the U.S. soldiers who went to Iraq together.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:11:45 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Etymology

French athéisme, from athée "atheist", from Greek ????? (atheós) "godless".

[edit] Pronunciation

* IPA: /?e??i?z?m/

[edit] Noun

Singular
atheism

Plural
atheisms

atheism (plural atheisms)

1. Absence of belief in any gods.
   2. Positive belief that no god exists.

I have no beleif, I don't care basically. It is almost amusing how right you know you are.
bringing sexy back

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Etymology

French athéisme, from athée "atheist", from Greek ????? (atheós) "godless".

[edit] Pronunciation

* IPA: /?e??i?z?m/

[edit] Noun

Singular
atheism

Plural
atheisms

atheism (plural atheisms)

1. Absence of belief in any gods.
   2. Positive belief that no god exists.

I have no beleif, I don't care basically. It is almost amusing how right you know you are.

It comes to one simple thing. Fist off, most people in our position can come to the conclusion that religion on earth, is a man made thing. I have no problem saying the the idea of Chirstianity is so flawed, with no evidence and reallies too much on faith to say the the idea isn't worth entertaining in my mind. Many people do, as with all religions. Agnostics are one of these people, most don't feel that this type of religion and god are real.

The other type of god-creator out there, would be something called an "un-personal" god, one that may of started life, but has no direct involvement what so ever. This is plausible. The only thing is, there would be absolutely no reason to label it as just that, a god, a label that a less developed being would tend to give it.

I say the only definition of a god, are those from religion and that is something I can easily dissmiss.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Basically yep.
I don't know what to say to you.
Also, if the OT was invalidated why do the Ten Commandments matter? :|
If he did, he would agree with us!

Heh, I linked to this thread on my IRC chatroom and everyone thought Elegy was female because of his emo avatar.

Huh?

Of course then you get the other types who say that science and faith go hand in hand, and of course this type of guy likes to say he believes in science, but simply ignores parts and cuts and edits certain wordings to make them fit in. It's done in the same fashion of cheating at a jigsaw puzzle.
Syncretism, I guess!

:D

Faith is supposed to "explain" stuff until science can really explain it. But meh, it's just a point of view.
Yeah, mythology was used to explain the causes and origins of things.

I feel in a few decades that the term "Atheist" wont exist. I believe that it will simply be the norm' and no one would consider them selves to be that. The only downside to this is that Christians could use this as "Satan's 2000 year rain" and still believe in their faith...
I have a dream...

Yeah, some Christians are really being ridiculious. (-_-') It's a shame... =/ They want to be taken seriously, but then they start talking bullshit. =/
Indeed! They bitch and whine about not being mentioned, or about how their beliefs and customs aren't being utilised by the secular community (ie, 'under God', BCE/CE vs. BC/AD, etc.).

God gave humans the free will. He can't (or just doesn't want to? ?_?) manipulate humans in that way. So in other words, the Old Testament could easily be just made up.
Oh yeah, the Bible has been heavily changed and distorted by millennia of being rewritten over and over and over...

*kisses her to wake her up after 100 years*
Paedo :O

You've only made clear that you're too ignorant to open the links and read them.
He wants to be taken seriously for believing in something without providing evidence for it, claiming that FAITH needs no reason to be taken as law written in stone. It's annoying how Christians do that!

If I get tired, I'll stop and rest. If I have a heavy load to carry, I skip it and do
something else instead..
Haha, sure.

Again, I tell you come over here to Croatia. If you come to your mind until you get here, I'll stand you a drink.
Since boats are also harmful to the environment, he'd have to use a rowboat. Except, these also are harmful since they use natural materials such as wood that have been processed in industrial shitholes that are contributing tremendously to the environmental woes of the day. So he'd have to use wood that he cuts himself from a tree that died 'of natural causes', and be extra careful not to allow his paddles to hit any creatures in the ocean. I wonder where Elegy lives, maybe he lives in western-Central USA, so that he'd have to walk all the way to California and then paddle his little rowboat down the Pacific, around Tierra del Fuego, and then north through the Atlantic, past Gibraltar through the Mediterranean, then to the Adriatic and land in a coastal town of Croatia.
I don't think he has the stuff for it.

DUH, he has FAITH.

Temp-ban incoming!

...Wow.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 88
Yep, thats exactly what it means.
I might aswell be a girl pretending to be a guy, you can't know.

A glass of milk is not something around which people center their lives, religion is a bit more important.
So no, it doesn't make it a religion, it makes it a false assumption.

Do you even know what the word "kill" means?

Kill: cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly.

It was proven numerous times. It's just your ignorance that makes you fail to see and accept it.

It hasn't been proven, all that has been proven is that some people on this forum knows how to use the [ url ] function to link theoretical and biased websites.

You should get a life.

Emphasis on should.

Thanks for unlocking it, I fell asleep in the spa... ...

I find it strange that women use all of these creams and cucumber slices and everything and go roll in mud to keep themselves younger, yet men age alot slower than women and they do absolutely nothing to prevent it.
Theres this guy I know, he is 34 but the first time I saw him I could have sworn he was 18-19 like me.
And then when I see a girl who is 25ish, she looks like she's in her late 30's.

And you just proved that you have no idea of what I'm talking about. MY faith, I was saying I can't prove that.

And last time I checked none of you knew my faith, now you're claiming there are links with proof of it in this thread.
Read before you reply.

If you didn't know, EVERYTHING was just theory, before it was proved. You can't say "It can't be, it's just a theory!", since it might come out that the theory was correct.

Can't have before without after, and "since it might come out that the theory was correct" isn't enough to claim something as truth, it might come out that there are aliens or something, that doesn't mean it's true.

Your words, not mine.
I said that my personal opinion is that my faith is more likely.

Temp-ban incoming!

How come? You're doing the same thing, claiming stuff without backing it up.. You're supplying websites with so called proof, but giving me a paper with something someone else belives, you might aswell just ask a friend of yours to sign up and go
"Yeah hes right lol"

An opinion isn't proof.

You do. You have stated it already twice. (Or even three times? Can't remember.)

I've explained this, I did that to ridicule christianity, to make the point that in my opinion, even something as stupid as that would be more likely than evolution.

That doesn't change anything, it's still not proof, and thus I don't want to hear about it in school.

I can see you've never been on a worship, since you are talking crap here. And reading a book (the Bible in this case) isn't babbling if you didn't know. Don't believe me? Open the dictionary.

I don't know where you've been but all the churches I've been to (maybe 3, for reasons beyond my control) the priest just stands there saying things like:
"It's sunny outside and now in atumn the leaves are falling from the trees, thats how jesus wants to be, like a leave in the wind of your life, and the warmth.
To help you and this congregation, and your family, and jesus and the church.
And in our hearts..."

And thats usually when I stand up and walk away..
And everyone I've asked says the same thing, they never quote scripture or talk about anything important.

Wanna bet?

Lol, you really are full of ignorance. You are more blind than all of the U.S. soldiers who went to Iraq together.

Thats just low... Comparing me to the americans.

Quote from: Saucy
I have no problem saying the the idea of Chirstianity is so flawed, with no evidence and reallies too much on faith to say the the idea isn't worth entertaining in my mind.

-_-

Why do you keep going on and on about the evidence, we've already concluded that religion is not something you're supposed to be able to prove.

John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you: that ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

And the old testament wasn't invalidated, just the old laws and prophecies.

Never! Seriously though, science and logic aren't the pinnacle of human understanding.

Heh, I linked to this thread on my IRC chatroom and everyone thought Elegy was female because of his emo avatar.

Yay!

Huh?

Basically, she is saying: "If I can't touch it or see it, it's not there."

He wants to be taken seriously for believing in something without providing evidence for it, claiming that FAITH needs no reason to be taken as law written in stone. It's annoying how Christians do that!

Don't call me christian, and again:
Just so you know, Instigate: "incite: provoke or stir up;"

Haha, sure.
Yeah, or I get a horse, either way it's legs that go places, what, do you think people were unable to move more than 50 meters in either direction before they invented cars?

Since boats are also harmful to the environment, he'd have to use a rowboat. Except, these also are harmful since they use natural materials such as wood that have been processed in industrial shitholes that are contributing tremendously to the environmental woes of the day. So he'd have to use wood that he cuts himself from a tree that died 'of natural causes', and be extra careful not to allow his paddles to hit any creatures in the ocean. I wonder where Elegy lives, maybe he lives in western-Central USA, so that he'd have to walk all the way to California and then paddle his little rowboat down the Pacific, around Tierra del Fuego, and then north through the Atlantic, past Gibraltar through the Mediterranean, then to the Adriatic and land in a coastal town of Croatia.

Don't call me american.. And theres nothing thats so important that I have to go to croatia, so I'll skip it, simple as that, just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to, unfortunately einstein and that other guy who invented the atomic bomb didn't really catch on to this, idiots those two.

In conclusion, kittens!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet

<3

Well, he could be lying. =/

Indeed! They bitch and whine about not being mentioned, or about how their beliefs and customs aren't being utilised by the secular community (ie, 'under God', BCE/CE vs. BC/AD, etc.).

Yeah, it's always been the same. =/ During the entire history of the human race, it's always been the same. xD

Oh yeah, the Bible has been heavily changed and distorted by millennia of being rewritten over and over and over...

That's true. You know that one part where it says that Jesus walked over water? Well, it was found out that it was a mistranslation. It should be next to the water and not over the water.

You're doing it here as well if you didn't notice.

<3

Yep, thats exactly what it means.
I might aswell be a girl pretending to be a guy, you can't know.

You fail to see the point again. Let me rephrase it: I can't prove you're a human being. Does that means it's not fact?

A glass of milk is not something around which people center their lives, religion is a bit more important.
So no, it doesn't make it a religion, it makes it a false assumption.

If your life depends on it and drinking poisoned milk pretty much does, then it makes it the same. I could make tons of comparisons like this. The point is that you can't just take anything how little or how big it is and stamp the word religion on only because it has the same characteristics.
And if you didn't know RELIGION and BELIEF/FAITH/CREED are NOT THE SAME.
Believing in something doesn't make it a religion. Therefore how you call it "believing in Evolution" doesn't make Evolution a religion which you are claiming all the time and which was already misproved numerous times in this topic.

Do you even know what the word "kill" means?

Kill: cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly.

Intentionally or knowingly is the only correct thing here. To kill doesn't only include a physical action. Obviously you don't know the entire meaning of the word.

It hasn't been proven, all that has been proven is that some people on this forum knows how to use the [ url ] function to link theoretical and biased websites.

Do you know what induction is? Obviously not.

You should get a life.

Emphasis on should.

I was trying to be nice. You don't want me to? Ok, then go get a life. And if you're still going to talk about your matter instead of being on-topic, GTFO of this thread. Any other post by you that isn't on-topic will be deleted.

Thanks for unlocking it, I fell asleep in the spa... ...

I find it strange that women use all of these creams and cucumber slices and everything and go roll in mud to keep themselves younger, yet men age alot slower than women and they do absolutely nothing to prevent it.
Theres this guy I know, he is 34 but the first time I saw him I could have sworn he was 18-19 like me.
And then when I see a girl who is 25ish, she looks like she's in her late 30's.

1. You're going even more off-topic now.
2. If you didn't know, men age faster than women. It's not just a joke that the life span of women is about 4~6 years longer than the life span of men.

And you just proved that you have no idea of what I'm talking about. MY faith, I was saying I can't prove that.

How am I supposed to know what you are talking about if you don't know it yourself?!

And last time I checked none of you knew my faith, now you're claiming there are links with proof of it in this thread.
Read before you reply.

Why should I? You're obviously not reading our posts (and the information we are providing you) either. What makes you better than us that we have to read your posts, but you don't have to read ours?!

Can't have before without after, and "since it might come out that the theory was correct" isn't enough to claim something as truth, it might come out that there are aliens or something, that doesn't mean it's true.

That also means what you are saying doesn't have to be true. Yet, you are still claiming how the human race is the root of all evil and that it will destroy the entire planet.

Your words, not mine.
I said that my personal opinion is that my faith is more likely.

My bad. Let me rephrase it:
Who are you to judge that your faith is more likely?!

Temp-ban incoming!

How come? You're doing the same thing, claiming stuff without backing it up.. You're supplying websites with so called proof, but giving me a paper with something someone else belives, you might aswell just ask a friend of yours to sign up and go
"Yeah hes right lol"

An opinion isn't proof.

1)
Quote from: me
I'm not here either to prove anything. I am waiting for you to prove yours as well. Dead end, eh?

2) Have you had quantum physics? Pretty much everything is just theory, it was proved theoretically, yet it works. According to you, it's all just bullshit. And that doesn't go only for quantum physics. Pretty much all parts of physics work that way.

3) So you admit that you've just come here to annoy people? Oh, you already did in a much more obvious way:
Basically yep.
THAT's the reason for the ban, not the fact you being an idiot all the time, but being it intentionally.

I've explained this, I did that to ridicule christianity, to make the point that in my opinion, even something as stupid as that would be more likely than evolution.

I'm Catholic and I think Evolution is much more likely than an old guy sitting on the clouds which is as first impossible and as second it's a ridiculious idea by itself.

That doesn't change anything, it's still not proof, and thus I don't want to hear about it in school.

You're being taught partially false history in school, why don't you want to hear bout that, too?! And you're being taught physics which (according to you) are not totally true either, since most of it was only proven theoretically either.

I don't know where you've been but all the churches I've been to (maybe 3, for reasons beyond my control) the priest just stands there saying things like:
"It's sunny outside and now in atumn the leaves are falling from the trees, thats how jesus wants to be, like a leave in the wind of your life, and the warmth.
And in our hearts..."

And thats usually when I stand up and walk away..
And everyone I've asked says the same thing, they never quote scripture or talk about anything important.

Lol, I've never heard something like that in a Church.

Wanna bet?

Try me.

Yes, that was mean, I admit it. I shouldn't have insulted the Americans in such a way. I am sorry.

I have no problem saying the the idea of Chirstianity is so flawed, with no evidence and reallies too much on faith to say the the idea isn't worth entertaining in my mind.

-_-

Why do you keep going on and on about the evidence, we've already concluded that religion is not something you're supposed to be able to prove.

I agree on that part.

John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you: that ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

Exactly. Jesus put all the ten commandments into the 2 commandments of love. Elegy forgot the first one, lol!

Never! Seriously though, science and logic aren't the pinnacle of human understanding.

And religion is?! Lol!

Huh?

Basically, she is saying: "If I can't touch it or see it, it's not there."

Not exactly. She said "If I can't touch it or see it, it just can't be there. It wouldn't make any sense."

But you're worse than any Christian I have met in my life. And I have met many. I live in a Catholic country, remember?

Haha, sure.
Yeah, or I get a horse, either way it's legs that go places, what, do you think people were unable to move more than 50 meters in either direction before they invented cars?

Why don't you come over here to Croatia then?! \/ there you are saying I am not important enough, duh.

Don't call me american.. And theres nothing thats so important that I have to go to croatia, so I'll skip it, simple as that, just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to, unfortunately einstein and that other guy who invented the atomic bomb didn't really catch on to this, idiots those two.

@Gono: Yes, don't insult the Americans in such a mean way. An American would have read your post and replied instead of just evading it by taking the part out he likes most and just answer to that. He didn't mention even ONE of the things that are actually making the point

@Elegy: You seem to be missing the point from our posts over and over intentionally, since there can't be a human being so stupid to miss it in over 90% of the cases.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:49:15 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
And it proves you don't know how to click them!

Then why don't you shut the fuck up?

Read before you reply.
Interestingly enough, I do. Why don't you start yourself?

An opinion isn't proof.
Says you, of all people!

And in our hearts..."
I've never heard shit like that, at the church of my family the pastor just bitches about how America's not Christian enough and that God is judging America for rebelling against Him by tying up American forces in the Middle East and whatever other shit that's happening to us, and that our young people need to stop fucking.

Where are you from anyways? I bet you live in Midwest America.

Because evidence is a good thing to have before believing anything?

:O
YOU READ THE BIBLE!?

So the Ten Commandments are still invalid?

Holy fucking shit.

Just so you know, Instigate: "incite: provoke or stir up;"
That just shows your ignorance.

Horses are woefully inadequate for travel in most places in modern countries. You can't use a horse in NYC very easily, for example. Or raise one. Furthermore, that's exploiting animals! :O

Yeah, it really would have been better if we didn't use the atomic bomb. The invasion of Japan wouldn't have been at such a cost (even though, what, a few hundred thousand to a million were estimated to have died vs. a few ten thousand?).
Also, poor Einstein. He felt guilty for the rest of his life for his implication in the bombing. And you should be shot for calling the MANY PEOPLE who worked on the atomic bomb idiots if for none of the other bullshit you've said.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:32:57 PM by gonorrhoea »
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
That's true. You know that one part where it says that Jesus walked over water? Well, it was found out that it was a mistranslation. It should be next to the water and not over the water.
Heh, orly?

How so?

How am I supposed to know what you are talking about if you don't know it yourself?!

I'm Catholic and I think Evolution is much more likely than an old guy sitting on the clouds which is as first impossible and as second it's a ridiculious idea by itself.
Oh, how the Catholic Church has changed! Five hundred years ago you would have been tortured and killed for this heresy.
Also, anyone else annoyed by how Elegy equates 'the church' with 'the Catholic church'?

You're being taught partially false history in school, why don't you want to hear bout that, too?! And you're being taught physics which (according to you) are not totally true either, since most of it was only proven theoretically either.
Yeah, it's a shame how our schools teach science nowadays.

Not exactly. She said "If I can't touch it or see it, it just can't be there. It wouldn't make any sense."
I'm still not sure how I feel on this issue.

But you're worse than any Christian I have met in my life. And I have met many. I live in a Catholic country, remember?
Heh, I've been in a Southern Baptist church all of my life. He's worse than them even!

Why don't you come over here to Croatia then?! \/ there you are saying I am not important enough, duh.
If he wants to use travel animals he should immigrate to a poverty stricken country somewhere, there are plenty! If he wants to live in a happy golucky society that is 'in tune' with the environment, he should go find some tribes to live with deep in Amazonas, Brazil or Papua New Guinea.

@Gono: Yes, don't insult the Americans in such a mean way. An American would have read your post and replied instead of just evading it by taking the part out he likes most and just answer to that. He didn't mention even ONE of the things that are actually making the point
Yeah :/

@Elegy: You seem to be missing the point from our posts over and over intentionally, since there can't be a human being so stupid to miss it in over 90% of the cases.
Well, we haven't proven that he is human yet!

Rep:
Level 88
THAT's the reason for the ban, not the fact you being an idiot all the time, but being it intentionally.

Well it's not my fault that you start taking an argument with zero chance of anything but belligerence, seriously.
Lighten up, it's just a stupid religion argument.

Wrong! It's the teachers who ask me whats right or wrong.

Ok, motion is an illusion:
Imagine that you fire and arrow at a target, and then when the arrow hits you take the timespan between realease and impact and just visualize it infront of you, then you cut that in half, making two equal parts of the timespan.

Repeate the process for an infinite amount of times and you will get that the arrow at all times is in a specific location.
And something that is fixed in a specific location at any time cannot logically be moving.

Exactly. Jesus put all the ten commandments into the 2 commandments of love. Elegy forgot the first one, lol!

Nope, I just skipped it.

And religion is?! Lol!

How should I know? I just know that science and logic aren't it.

Yes >:3 I'm the worst kind of person there is, an anarchist. (Yay for contradictory labeling)

I don't wanna :< Croatia is no fun.
(besides if I wanted to go to croatia, an airplane would be easier)

You seem to be missing the point from our posts over and over intentionally, since there can't be a human being so stupid to miss it in over 90% of the cases.

No, I just don't feel the need to respond to them.
Read cat's post, theres not even a question in there for me to answer, just a rant about trees and sea creatures and california.

And it proves you don't know how to click them!

I do know how to click them, I just choose not to. ;)

Then why don't you shut the fuck up?

Swearing makes a person seem very unedjucated, and it doesn't create a constructive dialogue.

Quote from: Myself ^_^
An opinion isn't proof.
Says you, of all people!

Yes, I did say that, do you have a question regarding that?

Where are you from anyways? I bet you live in Midwest America.

Well that depends, how much are you willing to bet?

Well thats a contradictory thing to say, if there's evidence that means it's fact, and you can't believe in facts, it simply is that way.

YOU READ THE BIBLE!?

No, why?

So the Ten Commandments are still invalid?

Yes, they are replaced by the new "commandments".

No, that shows that I'm not a nice person, ignorant and callous are two different things.

And you should be shot for calling the MANY PEOPLE who worked on the atomic bomb idiots if for none of the other bullshit you've said.

Yes, I should be shot for calling a device that might very well destroy the only habitable planet in the universe, a stupid idea.
I feel sorry for you if you're really serious about applauding the nuclear bomb, thats messed up.

You're not!

Oh, how the Catholic Church has changed! Five hundred years ago you would have been tortured and killed for this heresy.
Also, anyone else annoyed by how Elegy equates 'the church' with 'the Catholic church'?

Protestant, Catholic, I don't care.
They both worship the same god.

Potato... ... More potato..

If he wants to use travel animals he should immigrate to a poverty stricken country somewhere, there are plenty! If he wants to live in a happy golucky society that is 'in tune' with the environment, he should go find some tribes to live with deep in Amazonas, Brazil or Papua New Guinea.

That would be so awesome.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

Wow, you really are ignorant. I knew the differences between those in the SEVENTH GRADE. And they are far and wide, let me tell you. You dislike them, I would assume. Given your attitude, I would also assume you want nothing to do with either. That being said, you probably haven't spent much time studying up on them, and, *GASP*, that little comment PROVES that last one, and seeing as how my other arguments are what that one was built off of then they must all be true!

*delighted squeal*

So, since all of that is correct, shouldn't you be the last person to try and debate a topic like this one?

Rep:
Level 88
No, that PROVES that I don't want to give away wether or not I know anything about the two.
You shouldn't assume that what I say is the truth, wether it be an opinion or a statement.

I have a mind of my own and I know exactly how to use it to mislead people, it's my speciality.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
OMFG.

THAT WAS SO DUMB.

I'M OUT OF THIS TOPIC BEFORE I START LOSING MY BRAIN CELLS.

I don't even have to explain WHY that was a stupid thing to say, you know full well what I mean.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Yes >:3 I'm the worst kind of person there is, an anarchist. (Yay for contradictory labeling)
We all know you're an anarchist. Anarchy's less conformist than believing that maybe government's a good idea!

But oh so destructive :(

Read cat's post, theres not even a question in there for me to answer, just a rant about trees and sea creatures and california.
We've already had plenty of things for you answer.
For example, Saladin discusses a recent prodoteuct of evolution. In that same post, he raises other points. Why don't you tell us why this is moot to evolution, eh?

I do know how to click them, I just choose not to. ;)
I really think all idiots should die. And you should be the first.

Swearing makes a person seem very unedjucated, and it doesn't create a constructive dialogue.
uneducated*

Well that depends, how much are you willing to bet?
Wow, you're witty!

Well thats a contradictory thing to say, if there's evidence that means it's fact, and you can't believe in facts, it simply is that way.
You don't know what 'believe' means, either?

No, why?
NO YOU MUST READ YOUR BIBLE EVERY MORNING OR ELSE SATAN WILL ATTACK YOU!

Yes, I should be shot for calling a device that might very well destroy the only habitable planet in the universe, a stupid idea.
I feel sorry for you if you're really serious about applauding the nuclear bomb, thats messed up.
First off, I said the people not the idea- they were obviously very intelligent to be able to create the bomb.
Secondly, they did it because it would end a prolonged conflict. Using the bomb ended up saving thousands upon thousands of lives.
Thirdly, it has helped deter many other wars that would be costly in life.
Finally, you don't know that it's 'the only habitable planet in the universe'.

I'd like to document an Amazonian language!

Quote from: arrowone
You dislike them, I would assume. Given your attitude, I would also assume you want nothing to do with either.
Joining institutions is conformist.

OMFG.

THAT WAS SO DUMB.

I'M OUT OF THIS TOPIC BEFORE I START LOSING MY BRAIN CELLS.

I don't even have to explain WHY that was a stupid thing to say, you know full well what I mean.
I'm so sorry :(

Oh and,

Do you even know what "THOU SHALT NOT KILL..." means? Do you even know what the word "kill" means?
Stop stealing my shtick, you bastard!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:46:52 AM by gonorrhoea »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Heh, orly?

Yarly.

Wasn't that directed at Elegy? xD

Well, a guy sitting on a cloud is really ridiculious. (-_-') I mean, we're not superstitious, lol!

Well, we haven't proven that he is human yet!

<3 Only because I assume it, it doesn't mean that it's fact according to Elegy! xD

Well it's not my fault that you start taking an argument with zero chance of anything but belligerence, seriously.
Lighten up, it's just a stupid religion argument.

No, it's not. It's about separation of State and Church. You just came in here claiming some stuff without any proof. Yes, you are claiming things to be fact and you are switching your opinion every post.

Wrong! It's the teachers who ask me whats right or wrong.

You're so blind it hurts my eyes to continue reading your posts.

Ok, motion is an illusion:
Imagine that you fire and arrow at a target, and then when the arrow hits you take the timespan between realease and impact and just visualize it infront of you, then you cut that in half, making two equal parts of the timespan.

Repeate the process for an infinite amount of times and you will get that the arrow at all times is in a specific location.
And something that is fixed in a specific location at any time cannot logically be moving.

Oh sweet, I didn't know about this PROOF THAT SPACE AND TIME ARE QUANTIZED yet. Motion is not an illusion. You didn't prove it here. Here is another proof that space is quantized and that motion IS NOT an illusion:

We have two opponents racing against each other. Only one dimension is taken into consideration (as already 2D would be too complex to type down). One is a rabbit, the other a turtle. The rabbit gives the turtle 10 meters head start. Now, the turtle is 10 times slower than the rabbit. Ok, let's start:
The rabbit runs 10 meters, the turtle runs 1 meter. The rabbit runs 1 meter, the turtle runs 0.1 meters. The rabbit runs 0.1 meters, the turtle runs 0.01 meter. And so on... Now, to the given logic the rabbit will NEVER catch up with the turtle and pass by. We all know this is bullshit. Now, here is the explanation why the rabbit WILL catch up and pass by the turtle:
The space is quatized, that means the space consists out of little discrete parts and is not continious. At one point, the rabbit and the turtle will be in the same quant. The turtle doesn't have enough energy to jump into the next quant of space while the rabbit does. This means space has to be quantized and movement is NOT AN ILLUSION, but spending energy to jump from one quant into another.

(<3 at my Math prof at my college for telling us that a year ago :D)

Now, disprove it if you can, smartass. =P

And religion is?! Lol!

How should I know?

Why are you claiming it then?

That's so cute. Kids who think they are badass are so adorable. Usually when they grow up they become very normal. Happened to me as well.

:O What's with your great feet and horses and stuff?! :O
And Croatia is more fun than you think. Since you seem not to like humans, but nature, you would love this country. BTW, I hate it, because most people here are ignorant.

You seem to be missing the point from our posts over and over intentionally, since there can't be a human being so stupid to miss it in over 90% of the cases.

And here's the reason why I won't respond to your posts anymore. I'll just ignore you after this post. You're not worth of my time.

Jesus is a fact, the bible. Muhamed is a fact, Kuran is a fact. Buddha is a fact. etc.

YOU READ THE BIBLE!?

No, why?

You're quoting "interior" stuff from the Bible.

No, that shows that I'm not a nice person, ignorant and callous are two different things.

I can differ between them. A "not nice person" doesn't say "Good sir" and stuff like you did. As I said, I think kids trying to be anarchist are so cute. <3

You're not!

Ok. :)

Lol, all religions worship the same God. It's only the way to worship and the name how they call him that's different. Shows again that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bye and good luck. Walking so far isn't easy.

I have a mind of my own and I know exactly how to use it to mislead people, it's my speciality.

Please, don't cut yourself, because you didn't have any success here yet.
Wait, weren't you on your way to Brazil?! :O

No, why?
NO YOU MUST READ YOUR BIBLE EVERY MORNING OR ELSE SATAN WILL ATTACK YOU!

<3

First off, I said the people not the idea- they were obviously very intelligent to be able to create the bomb.
Secondly, they did it because it would end a prolonged conflict. Using the bomb ended up saving thousands upon thousands of lives.
Thirdly, it has helped deter many other wars that would be costly in life.
Finally, you don't know that it's 'the only habitable planet in the universe'.

<3

I'd like to document an Amazonian language!

Yeah, if you ever come back (please God, don't make it happen), I want you to teach me Amazonian.

Stop stealing my shtick, you bastard!

Sorry. :=
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:53:34 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
You were offtopic, Elegy. Your post was deleted. :police:

No, it's not. It's about separation of State and Church.

Not anymore it's not! ;)

But it'll be again. ;)

Why are you claiming it then?

You're just repeating yourself over and over again.

That's so cute. Kids who think they are badass are so adorable. Usually when they grow up they become very normal. Happened to me as well.

What's so "badass" about anarchy?

You don't even know what anarchy if you ask me that.

Most of humanity is ignorant, theres no escaping it.

I agree with that. You're the pinnacle.

And here's the reason why I won't respond to your posts anymore. I'll just ignore you after this post. You're not worth of my time.

Well I'm not gon, I don't make up my own questions and answer them, if there are no questions to answer, I won't reply.

Yes, you don't answer them at all. You have evaded now more than half of mine.

You're quoting "interior" stuff from the Bible.

I don't get it.

Too high for you.

Lol, you didn't achieve anything. Wait, weren't you on your way to Brazil?! :O

Or did I?

Nope. Only you've achieved is messing up this topic. That's not really a success...

uneducated*

Oh no, a typo! :police:

Again, you fail to see the point.

Now, where was I...? Ah, yes...

Seperating Church and State is actually only one step in achieving something. The main problem is that politicians are constantly lying. How are we gonna stop that, lol?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:52:09 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm repeating myself because thats my reason, I'm just doing it to piss people off.
But I'm done with that now.

And on topic, anarchy!!!
I know it's a utopian worldview to think everyone can just mind their own business and stop trying to tell people what to do.

But then again democracy and communism are utopian worldviews too, they're based on the assumption that people deep within just want whats best for everyone.

I don't see the issue though, the only difference if the state separated from the church was that they would stop using God to try and justify all the horrible things they do.
It's not like they are doing anything besides imprinting the word lightly into the edges of their socio-political agenda to try and gain more votes from the suckers who actually think it's worthwhile voting.

Since the church exists to indoctrinate the people, the state won't rid it from the system, seeing how it provides a part of the population as loyal subjects ready to be exploited like the marionettes they are, for 'the good of the state', training them to be police and military to keep the population under check and undermine their authority in society, causing the prevention of revolution to overthrow the consequentially facist regimes.

Have you never asked yourself why with the changes in government, law enforcement and army remains unaltered?
If these two organizations are existant to protect the country and enforce the ethical system of the state, shouldn't they obide to each of their convictions and be replaced when a different governing system is introduced?
Can you really claim that these people are protecting what they stand for when they protect each and every government just as the last one, despite change in politics and operating procedures?

Or are they just there to protect the status-quo between government and citizens, or rather, denizens?

So would the separation of church and state really make a difference, or is it just about semantics?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
As I said, it might only be the first step. There is a lot more to do than just separate State and Church. Most likely this even isn't gonna change much. The problem is that politicians will always be lying to us, no matter what. The main problem is to stop them abusing the system for their own gain. I mean, seriously, why should somebody spent, IDK, 300000$ for a vote campaign, when he will earn only 240000$ for the few years he's gonna be governor?! Politicians are stealing would be the only reasonable answer. =/

And the worst thing when they get the power is that they really start abusing it. Everybody who tries to be honest gets out of the game faster than you can say "Politicians lie a lot.". Maybe another problem would be corruption. =/
Visit our website.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Please, I beg of you to ban this dumbfuck and lock this thread.

Rep:
Level 88
Stay on topic!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Yeah I agree.... I can do the locking...

THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED DUE TO AN EMO TROLL.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet

*posts in a locked topic*
Silverline has disabled the ban feature for normal mods again. =/ I told him already, but he only posted here instead of banning our 11 years old emo kid. =/
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'm repeating myself because thats my reason, I'm just doing it to piss people off.
But I'm done with that now.

For someone who's been pissing people off since 1989, you're not as good at it as one would think. Actually, the only reason you piss people off is by how morbidly stupid you are.

You say you're done with that now, but are you really? This is your only chance; life is too short to deal with all your bullshit, so start having some serious discussion, or you're out of here. You really don't deserve this chance, by the way.
:tinysmile: