RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Im making a game, but im new :(

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
Hi all ^^ i am making a new game, but since this is the first time i have ever tried this in a way that i want to finish it that means im a noob in this world :( so i would very much like it if anyone could help me with some hints or some standard knowledge??
Btw does anyone know how to make a good looking battle hud? xD

well thanks anyways :D

-Mickey (Mara)

Rep:
Level 83
MA didn't you make a sticky topic some where that had a bunch of tips for beginners? NVM found it.

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=33324.0 - some tips.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:30:59 AM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 76
Wow man ^^ helped alot :D ty

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Suguni raku ni shite aru
You should probably start making a small game, just to get affinity with your develop tool (I guess it'd be RPGXP or RPGVX). Try as first to make something functional with the standard options given by the tool, so don't think about complex functions at this point. Although it is an important point, nowadays game design happens to greatly focus at story design. Guess a game with a complex story may not work at first time.

After you had done your small game, try now a more complex story, try to create your own features using your tool and try them out. Finally, you should be able to explore complex functions, and if you happen to like and/or know programming, you could also make some scripting and adding it yo your game. To be honest I'm also new at this thing of game creating, actually I'm not thinking about starting a project to be posted here or any other place, but I'm working in a game to teach children english here in Colombia. Well, I did a game for myself, I started as I told above and I feel I'm doing right. The tips given before are also ver useful when you're designing your game.

Hope this also help you, and good luck.
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

Rep:
Level 76
You should probably start making a small game, just to get affinity with your develop tool (I guess it'd be RPGXP or RPGVX). Try as first to make something functional with the standard options given by the tool, so don't think about complex functions at this point. Although it is an important point, nowadays game design happens to greatly focus at story design. Guess a game with a complex story may not work at first time.

After you had done your small game, try now a more complex story, try to create your own features using your tool and try them out. Finally, you should be able to explore complex functions, and if you happen to like and/or know programming, you could also make some scripting and adding it yo your game. To be honest I'm also new at this thing of game creating, actually I'm not thinking about starting a project to be posted here or any other place, but I'm working in a game to teach children english here in Colombia. Well, I did a game for myself, I started as I told above and I feel I'm doing right. The tips given before are also ver useful when you're designing your game.

Hope this also help you, and good luck.

okay thank you ^^
Like what you are doing with the english teaching :D