RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tales of Orvank:Eric's fable

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Story
Eric's 17th birthday has been and gone and he is now old enough to become a wanderer and go in search
of exitement and adventure,but it couldn't have happened at a worse time,the evil dragon Gourjaru
has finally grown in power and is now a huge threat to the world,but will his and Eric's destinies
Somehow link in the end,No-one knows......

Characters
Eric black
Race:Human
Class:Wanderer (Guardian later in the storyline)
Bio:Eric was born in the town of rivendock,when he reached the age of 17 he was sent to train in the tutorial realm,but after emerging from that victorious,he returns to see his parents.

Goujaru
Race:Dragon
Class:Dragon
Bio:Gourjaru is the lord of all dragons and a very powerful foe,but he has a history that might suggest why he is evil.

Features
Classic item pickup system (WAlk over a item to collect it)
Play as good and evil

Screenshots

Demo (Only the tutorial bit) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYCCRM6U                                 
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Looks stupid~
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Why do I have the feeling that eight magical crystals are also involved, Phillip?

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Why do I have the feeling that eight magical crystals are also involved, Phillip?
Because they're not
no

By Kraft

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Listen guys,just coz i have a bad reputtation,it don't stop this game form being good like
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Trust me, i'm psychic. I can foresee the future.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Wow. The "screenshot" that you linked to is a blank file, and the link to the demo goes to a 68kb .exe that doesn't even do anything. Kudos to you Phil, you almost exceeded my expectations.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Wow. The "screenshot" that you linked to is a blank file, and the link to the demo goes to a 68kb .exe that doesn't even do anything. Kudos to you Phil, you almost exceeded my expectations.
didn't u play the demo?
no

By Kraft

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
You can't just upload the game.exe file.
In the editor go to - File > Compress game data -
i did,it should work...
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
LOL

All you loaded up was the game.exe from the folder.
When you compress game data, it makes a game exe package that shows the RGSS orange cog with green arrows, that's the one you want to upload.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

You should put up some screenshots.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Well to be honest, I wouldn't try the game because the story is just well very weak. It's very generic something someone could come up with in no time, the main character doesn't really appeal to me from what you have typed up. An evil dragon, come on now thats the oldest thing in the book not to mention he has a name close to plenty other dragons(Thank god at least its not something like Draco).

The screenshots I can't see anything, you need to fix them. Many people will judge a game on its screenshots alone, then you have a lot of typing errors (mind you I use commas too much it appears, and I make quite a lot of mistakes myself) right now seeing your replies I don't suppose you used much capitlization, did you?

The features...They are meh. Not something to really make anyone want in on the game, just walking over an item what if its a deadly poison when picked up it kills the player just because he picks it up. Just some thoughts to put in.

In other words, you need to be more detailed, fix the grammar problems you have, put up some screenshots (Because for all we know they could be very crappy), and so on. This is as cronstructive as I'm going to get at this time being.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 81
Isn't it so that you don't share your projects with rmrk anymore?
You stated so in this topic:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5089.0.html

NOWAI, she made I am legend :D

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Isn't it so that you don't share your projects with rmrk anymore?
You stated so in this topic:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5089.0.html

NOWAI, she made I am legend :D
i aint a she,the moderators were pissin around and changed ma name and everything
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 81
Well who's fault was that?

Anyways back on topic.

You seem to have an interesting idea here, just, are you actually going to stick to this project? I think I saw about two or three other projects that you started and then just quit altogether.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Well who's fault was that?

Anyways back on topic.

You seem to have an interesting idea here, just, are you actually going to stick to this project? I think I saw about two or three other projects that you started and then just quit altogether.
i dunno maybe i'll stick to it
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
That means no.

Rep:
Level 81
lol NAMKCOR

Anyways "I dunno maybe ill stick to it" isn't too good. In my opinion, it seems like you come up with your storylines a little too fast. Like it's just a flash idea that loses its flare real fast. I would advise coming up with a plot and then continuously rework it, tweak it, modify it, correct it till it takes the shape that you want. If you don't have much enthusiasm for your story, your project will most likely fail.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
lol NAMKCOR

Anyways "I dunno maybe ill stick to it" isn't too good. In my opinion, it seems like you come up with your storylines a little too fast. Like it's just a flash idea that loses its flare real fast. I would advise coming up with a plot and then continuously rework it, tweak it, modify it, correct it till it takes the shape that you want. If you don't have much enthusiasm for your story, your project will most likely fail.
see this is the kind of good criticism i wanted,not the sort grafikal and karo rushe do
no

By Kraft

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
We don't bother to give you that type of criticism because people who know you actually as Phillip1776 ( orwhatever the number was) remember that you've almost literally made dozens of such project threads that were obviously well beyond your capability, all back to back with horrid grammar running rampant in each thread and clearly not a hint of skill up your sleeves. So, almost no one is going to take your game making ability seriously anymore.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
We don't bother to give you that type of criticism because people who know you actually as Phillip1776 ( orwhatever the number was) remember that you've almost literally made dozens of such project threads that were obviously well beyond your capability, all back to back with horrid grammar running rampant in each thread and clearly not a hint of skill up your sleeves. So, almost no one is going to take your game making ability seriously anymore.
on the ream crafter forums they do and i only ever get constructive criticism
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
lol, realmcrafter.

post some screenshots then.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
lol, realmcrafter.

i aint done screenshots for my RC game coz i might move onto big world tech engine instead
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
lol, realmcrafter.

i aint done screenshots for my RC game coz i might move onto big world tech engine instead
lol, realmcrafter.

I mean for this one.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
lol, realmcrafter.

lol, realmcrafter.

I mean for this one.
lol, realmcrafter.

lol, realmcrafter.

I mean for this one.
CBA
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
why did you quote all of that once?

CBA = can be added?
can't be added?
could be aids?
carefully born animals?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
If you "can't be assed" to post screenshots, then why do you expect us to bother with useful feedback for you?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
no screenshots but you're going to make a whole game.
lol.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
this is how the com. goes these days -.-"
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 81
see this is the kind of good criticism i wanted,not the sort grafikal and karo rushe do
That's probably because I don't have some sort of sour history with you :P The kind of attitude you receive depends on other people's impressions on you.

No, stop moving from engine to engine. You'll never get anything done.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
That's probably because I don't have some sort of sour history with you :P The kind of attitude you receive depends on other people's impressions on you.

No, stop moving from engine to engine. You'll never get anything done.
sumtimes u gotta think about wut the best engine is
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 81
Yeah but don't go off starting a project with an engine only to find you don't like it and switch to another one. Just try making some key features in your project with the engine or doing some small basic things first. If you don't like it, then switch. Just don't start a whole project and then start switching.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Yeah but don't go off starting a project with an engine only to find you don't like it and switch to another one. Just try making some key features in your project with the engine or doing some small basic things first. If you don't like it, then switch. Just don't start a whole project and then start switching.
i'm doing different games on different engines coz i cna't be assed to even try and do a mmorpg on rpg maker
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
i'm doing different games on different engines coz i cna't be assed to even try and do a mmorpg on rpg maker

you can't even complete a single player game, don't try to make an mmorpg.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83

you can't even complete a single player game, don't try to make an mmorpg.
no-one asked you :D
no

By Kraft

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Hey man, you post a thread, I get to comment on what you say, it's how forums work.

I'd also lay off the disrespect if I were you.

You can't be assed to post screenshots of your own project, you jump around from game to game without working longer than a week on each, and you think you can make an mmo?  The best advice you could get is to start with something small and ACTUALLY FINISH IT.  Get over your ADD and complete something instead of spamming our site with project threads for shit you're not going to finish.

Rep:
Level 81
Spot on NAMCKOR

This is exactly what I mean. I took a look at some of your other project threads and they're all short, incomplete and on a few different engines. You need to come up with something and stick to it. From what I saw, just like NAMCKOR said, if you can't even finish a simple 1 player game, let alone keep working at it for a week, don't even try to make an MMO. I'm not sure if you know this or haven't realised it because you're caught up in the flare of it but you actually have to take an MMO seriously. You would be the administrator. You would need to enter the mmo day in and day out monitoring things and checking up on any problems that arise. You would have to handle server payments and issues. You would have to manage staff members who, hopefully will work for free and do a good job, and you would have to organize events and updates to keep your virtual world going. Since you keep jumping from game to game and can't keep focus on a project for even a week, you won't be able to make an MMO.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:37:33 AM by Poetic_Alias »

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Spot on NAMCKOR

This is exactly what I mean. I took a look at some of your other project threads and they're all short, incomplete and on a few different engines. You need to come up with something and stick to it. From what I saw, just like NAMCKOR said, if you can't even finish a simple 1 player game, let alone keep working at it for a week, don't even try to make an MMO. I'm not sure if you know this or haven't realised it because you're caught up in the flare of it but you actually have to take an MMO seriously. You would be the administrator. You would need to enter the mmo day in and day out monitoring things and checking up on any problems that arise. You would have to handle server payments and issues. You would have to manage staff members who, hopefully will work for free and do a good job, and you would have to organize events and updates to keep your virtual world going. Since you keep jumping from game to game and can't keep focus on a project for even a week, you won't be able to make an MMO.
the thing is my children,for these single player games i don't have a crew,for my mmo i've got 1 or 2 of my m8s helping me
no

By Kraft

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
They clearly haven't done anything for your spelling and grammar.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the thing is my children,for these single player games i don't have a crew,for my mmo i've got 1 or 2 of my m8s helping me

If you can't get anything done alone, how are you going to get anything done in a group?  Especially for a project as large-scale as an mmo.

Requiring others to help you in order to finish a small scale project is a terrible excuse for not being productive at all.

Rep:
Level 81

Don't you understand? There's a huge difference between a 1 player game and an MMO. 1 or 2 of your "mates" isn't going to get you far the way things are now. Just drop the MMO already. Seriously, it's too large scale for you. Also like NAMKCOR said, absence of a crew isn't an excuse. I'm designing a game right now. Where's my crew? I don't have one. Am I showing no results? No.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
Play as good and evil                           

I don't know what to think of that, sounds like it's going to be okay, but that sounds like soemthing from the back of a game case, which is either good or bad, I'm not entirely sure.

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..