RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Peasantcraft

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Coming soon to a computer near you...

From that guy who brought you Adventures in Subtraction and Grammar Missile Defense now brings you an exciting adventure of rather large proportions.  A real long time ago in the Peasant Village of Mud, there lived a peasant.  You are Bob, a mustachioed peasant who wakes up to a most incredible journey!  Armed with your wife's peg leg, you embark on your harrowing quest as you complete your peasant duties.  Can you brave the Woods of Generictry, endure boring yarns from an old, drunk man and even get over the challenge of illiteracy?  Do all these things and more in...
Peasantcraft!
Setting
Spoiler for:

You start off in your thatched roof hovel which upon
exiting you're thrown into an exciting world.  
Should you survive long enough to brave the woods,
you make your way into the scenic
Peasant Village of Mud where your adventure
truly begins...
Characters
Spoiler for:

Bob
The hero of our adventure.  A middle aged, mustachioed peasant
who lives on the outskirts of the Town of Mud with his wife.
 He's pretty normal as commoners go.  He's cowardly, illiterate and an alcoholic...
an ideal role model for anyone!

Bessie
A proud member of the Bos primigenius, this noble Bovine
joins our hero in his epic quest to save the Peasant Village of Mud.  
Armed with a cowbell and a whole lot of gumption, this battle bovine
will cause utter chaos.

Gurdie
Bob's lovely, one-legged wife.  She's rather abusive and enjoys berating
her husband and sending him off on ridiculous, plot-advancing errands.

Old Man
Spinner of boring yarns and giver of terrible advice.  Enjoys giving out gross
hard candy to young whippersnappers.

Guard
The only guard in the Peasant Town of Mud.  Hobbies include blocking access
to exciting caves and telling people to move along.
Features
Spoiler for:
  • Realistic Farm chores!  Milk cows, get eggs and even harvest crops!  Not since Harvest Moon have chores been this extreme!
  • A morality system!  Will you be a spineless peasant and give into your wife's every whim or will you stick it to the man and become a renegade peasant?
  • Intense fighting!  Fight tooth and nail against terrible fiends!  Will you survive a close shave with an angry chicken or narrowly avoid the advances of killer butterflies?
  • A long and exciting adventure of almost 20 minutes!
  • Interact with just about anything!  Kick statues!  Touch burning hot stoves!  Even talk to inanimate objects?  You bet!
  • A staggering two playable characters and one's not even human!  We'll let you find out...
  • And dozens more features to come!

Now in all honestly, this game is still pretty rough appearance-wise.  This is my first semi-serious game I've been tinkering with since I got RPG Maker VX so I made a parody so to speak.  Just about everything is made by me except Mack's tile set (If you see something that looks like I borrowed it from somewhere, let me know so I can give them credit too).  Not sure how far I want to go with the game, so I give me some opinions.  This type of parody too over done or not?  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:06:56 PM by PabloIchiban »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I can't tell what's going on here.

what is the game about?
what makes it unique?
why would I want to play it?

If I were to judge the game based on screenshots, I'd say look up some mapping tutorials so that the maps look less empty and more detailed.

Please give more information, you're trying to capture attention and get people to play, it's a good idea to give a taste of what's in the game before the actual download.  Think of this thread as the back of the game box, you need to sell it.

tl;dr: tell us more or no download.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Thanks for the honesty.  In hindsight I think I may have gotten ahead of myself when I posted the link thinking it was ready.  Lets try once more!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Much better :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the concept looks pretty funny, and I mean that in a good way, done right this game could be massively entertaining.

I think you could pull off something good that lasts more than 20 minutes if you put your mind to it.

I'm afraid if I add too many RPG cliches, the game might implode on itself. :P

It might even give me an excuse to use the creepy Santa battler I found...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
that's why I said "if done right"

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
hahahaha @ armed with your wife's peg leg
this game's got some humor.

I love games like that.
I'd rather laugh and enjoy the hilarious gameplay than get all drawn in by a serious RPG.  Keep up at being persistent Pablo,,and post a demo soon.

Just try not to make it too linear.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:53:00 PM by djkdjl »
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."