RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Final Fantasy IV-II: Skill Demo Here!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I hope that's all that was wrong, and enjoy!
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Wayland town entirely rdone, and made the choice to replace the RTP
with famitsu characters. Each town will have a color scheme that will hopefully make the PCs "pop" even more.

Spoiler for:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
The use of BulletXT's tile swapper has necessitated the remodel of many areas, most of which is done. After that, I can go forward in the storyline and actually make some forward progress instead of all the retooling I'm currently involved in. The first dungeon will have its monster list revised, so that the encounters aren't so tough and so Rydia doesn't gain several levels at a time. If all goes well, a new demo should be available by the end of January!

PLAYTESTERS WANTED: I could use a hand with playtesting. Your duties would include noting and reporting spelling errors, ensuring that all message windows were at the top of the screen, and compiling a list of issues like tileset errors, any missing sprites or music, and Helping to tweak difficulty level. Interested? PM me.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Hi umm this might sound really stupid but i cant find the download link :O
Could you help me out? thanx can't wait to try this out :)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It's on page one, sir. Look toward the bottom of the first post.

Or click Here.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Just dropping a line to say that this project is still alive; I'm waiting on a script and some pixel art. Mapping and playtesting are going slow but otherwise well.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Slow and stead is always the ticket. Unless you're in a contest, you should work at your own pace, slow or as fast as it may be. That's the best way to get things to work exactly as you wish them to.

...just don't be Duke Nukem Forever and claim you'll have it ready next week 1000 times.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Lol, advice taken!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
If anyone can write a script restricting airship landing, please contact me. I need one!

Other than that, the project is back pon track, and another town is finished. This brings us to 3/5 complete!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hey. Just a quick note to say that after some minor surgery and installment at a new big-boy job, I am still alive and working on this project. Although the engine still needs the scripts i mentioned, it is otherwise still alive! Stay tuned, my friends...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:30:20 AM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
This post has been moved to the front for ease of access.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:31:59 PM by EvilM00s »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
How would this airship restrictions script work? It would probably be quite simple, maybe an alias or overwrite of a method or two. But I've never worked that much in Game_Vehicle before, so it might take a bit longer to get my head around.

Anyway, would it be a tag in the event name or a special tile or what?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It would be an event, which would allow the airship to land when activated. ahref mae a script that does the same thing for the boat (which I am using) but I'm a fail scricpter and I can't seem to figure out how to modify it. Also, I am using a ton of script, and I dont know which ones may or may not be interfereing with what. However, If you can figure it out, I will name my next child after you.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Your next child's name is either Tim or Pacman.
Here we go.
Code: [Select]
#===============================================================================
#
# Airports
# Pacman (04/12/2011), based on a script by Ahref (10/04/2008)
# For EvilM00s
# Version 1.0
#
#===============================================================================
#
# This script will only allow you to land from an airship on an event designated
# as an airport.
# To recognize an event as an airport, put this tag in the event's name.
# \AIRPORT
# It is case insensitive, so it can be \airport, \Airport, \aIrpoRt, whatever.
#

#==============================================================================
# ** Game_Player
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This class handles maps. It includes event starting determinants and map
# scrolling functions. The instance of this class is referenced by $game_map.

class Game_Player < Game_Character
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get the player's airport status
  def at_airport(x, y)
    event = $game_map.events_xy(x, y)
    return false if event.empty?
    if (event[0].name[/\\AIRPORT/i]) != nil
      return true
    else
      return false
    end
  end
  # * Check if you can land
  def airship_land_ok?(x, y, *args)
    front_x = $game_map.x_with_direction(@x, @direction)
    front_y = $game_map.y_with_direction(@y, @direction)
    unless at_airport(front_x, front_y)
      return false
    end
    return true       # Can land
  end
end

# ** Game_Event
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This class deals with events. It handles functions including event page
# switching via condition determinants, and running parallel process events.
# It's used within the Game_Map class.

class Game_Event < Game_Character
  # * Get event name
  def name
    return @event.name
  end
end

#
# END OF SCRIPT
#
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:25:47 PM by Pacman »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
No way! That was quick. Thanks a ton, I can't wait to see it work!

Hm, Tim... nah...   Pacman... done!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Is all cool. I just hope it all works, I didn't test it all that much.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Outstanding! It does what it says on the tin!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I AM EXCITED TO PLAY THIS!

Ahem. I'll let you know what I think.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Excellent. I am excited to get back to work on it!

Um, I got your PM, Mein Cap, but for some reason I cant reply to it. I can post the elf character sheets here, though, and all they need is pointy ears like last time. Thanks for your support of my little project!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:29:45 AM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hey, Cap'n of Mein, here are the character sheets. If you do as well with these as you di the last, they'll be perfect!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Just implemented a save system like that of FF IV. Now I just need to make a few different tents... various small mapping tasks done, like Lankwell town and call spell animations put in. Indra is my favorite so far...

Front page has updates on what needs to be done. If you feel like helping, please do! As soon as the game is finished up to the Oakhaven portion of the story, I will release a new demo. In addition, there will be more screenshots coming up; perhaps if you can see how things are going it will generate a bit more excitement...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:26:30 AM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Here are some screenshots to show you what I've been up to.

Spoiler for:
Spinnakker Town, redone in brilliant royal yellow.

Spoiler for:
The Castle of Spinnakker. It was made, like most towns, with it's own TileE.
Spoiler for:
Lankwell town. The player will discover many useful clues here, as well as a color scheme that is neither too soft nor too severe, but strong yet welcoming.
Spoiler for:
The molten pools of the Dwarven outpost provide light and heat.
And a banner by Elaynii, thanks for the free (and excellent) work!

Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 03:57:50 AM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Pacman has earned some heavy gratitude for helping out with a tent event I had been struggling with. As you will see in V4.0, it more closely resembles the tent use and save point method in the original FF IV. Excellent work, sir!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
;)
All in a day's work.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
And what work it was!

Welp, i just got the latest town all done up and tested, and am now going to work on some graphics and animations. I'm also going to get some optimization tools to reduce the filesizes and loop the mp3 BGMs.

I have a goal to have the next demo out by the end of February. If I know myself, it will be done earlier IF i can find the time to work as planned. I still need some solutions outlined in the beginning post for spell effects, most pressing of which is the Toad spell. I assume that if that method can be worked out that Piggy and Small would follow a similar protocol.

The golapost is the entry of the characters into Oakhaven and onto Demeter Ruins, and finally to the end of Earthfont where the second major boss is found. That, plus the newer character chips, better animations, more call spells, and improved dialogue speak to a better play experience.

It is my hope that with the optimization tools and other improvements I can make the game as true to the original work as possible. Please check the things to do list at the beginning of this thread and contribute if you can!

EDIT: New screens up in first post; working on a short video now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:17:56 AM by EvilM00s »