RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[SOLVED]Releasable Actors

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
    Releasable Actors
    March 19, 2011

Summary
    I need a script where you can remove any actor in your party at any time from the menu. It should ask if you really want to remove the actor from your party. The script should designate which actors can not be removed from your party. The release scene should also be able to be called by a common event but should not force the player to release an actor unless the event says to force an actor to be disbanned. It must be compatable with modern algebra's CMS's and party switching scripts. It must also be compatable with modern algebra's manual leader control since I requested that script for the same game. Since there is a possiility of battle sytems being incompatable, please make it compatable with Takentai Kaduki ABS (in this case I belive ABS accually stand for Auto-Bar System).

Features Desired
    • Selectable in Menu
    • Designate actors that CAN NOT be removed from your party
    • Callable from the Event command: Script...
    • All text incorperated with this script should be editable in an easy to find/ easy to edit part of the script
    • Should NOT be usable in battle
    [li]At least 1 actor should be in party at all times unless if a certain switch is on
    [/li][/list]

Mockups
    I just want it to be a normal window in the middle of the screen that says: Are your sure you want to release (Actor Name Here) from your party?
    then have the option Yes and No side by side like this:  Yes    No
    instead of like this:
    Yes
    No

Games its been in
    • I don't belive it has ever been done but a similar thing was done in Pokemon for releasing your Pokemon

What other scripts are you using?
    • FSCMS
    • Tankentai ABS Sideview Battle System
    • Prexus' Party Manager
    • Actor Clones

Did you search?
    Yes

Where did you search?
    • rmrk.net
    • RPGRevolution.com

What did you search for?
    • Release Actors
    • Disban Actors
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:49:11 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!

Rep:
    Level 81
    KGC_LargeParty has all the needed features.

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!
    do you have a link to the script? I'll search it but just in case I can't find it can u post a link...?

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!
    Okay I searched and I couldn't find it...can you please post a link?

Rep:
    Level 82
    I have a copy of it. Have quite a few of KGC's scripts in a collections project.

Not sure if it is exactly what you are wanting though, but I may be reading your request info wrong. Anyway, you can be the judge of it.
    (Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!
    Thank you for giving me the script but it's not what I wanted...

EDIT: I'm accualy going to re-investigate this script to figure it out and see if it works good enough or better then I thought or the exact same as I wanted...

EDITZ: I still don't understand this so I'm not using it...
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:33:44 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!
    if only today was yestreday and the 8th was the 9th

Rep:
    Level 83
    There is a short and very simple solution

First add this small script :
    Code: [Select]
    class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Public Instance Variables
      attr_reader   :actor_id                # actor  ID
    end

Now in an event , you can use :
    Call script :
    tp_actor_id=$game_party.members[1].actor_id
    $game_party.remove_actor(tp_actor_id)
    $game_map.need_refresh = true

The "1" is the 2nd party member (the index start at 0) .
    You can remove the actor you want with that (and yes , also cloned actors) .
    You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
    :ccbync:
    Don't encrypt your game !!!
    Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!
    There is a short and very simple solution

First add this small script :
    Code: [Select]
    class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
      # * Public Instance Variables
      attr_reader   :actor_id                # actor  ID
    end

Now in an event , you can use :
    Call script :
    tp_actor_id=$game_party.members[1].actor_id
    $game_party.remove_actor(tp_actor_id)
    $game_map.need_refresh = true

The "1" is the 2nd party member (the index start at 0) .
    You can remove the actor you want with that (and yes , also cloned actors) .

Thanks for the help! Would this work with FSCMS or PECMS? I'm gonna use one of those or make a request for a custom menu script that works just like them... they're the only menu scripts I like... It's mainly their usability...

Rep:
    Level 74
    I'm baaack!
    It works!  :D