RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
Pacman - Thanks for pointing that out. it's probably because other forums use the quotation marks or add them for some reason. I copy/pasted the sig from my account on another forum so that's probably why they were added. :P Also, I'm really glad you like the waterfall! I had fun making it. ^.^

Zacpower4 - Thank you! The mist I wasn't sure if I liked or not but I guess it looks better than just being plain. ^.^

pokeball RinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 75
Reireisen
Like Pacman said, the waterfall looks divine. I also love how you used RTP, mixed with some little presets. Just a question though, why would there be a pidgeon behind the waterfall? If the pidgeon tried to enter inside, then it would just get brought down to the water because of the waterfall or, the pidgeon is light. Unless that the waterfall is not that powerful.

And another is, the pidgeon on the bottom right seems like it's swimming instead of flying. Try adding a shadow below it to emphasize that it's flying. And apologies for my bad grammar, English ain't my first language.  ;8
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:47:25 AM by Rin »

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
Thanks for pointing out the pigeon errors, Rin. Because they were set to fly above everything, I thought the top one would be over the waterfall. I'll have to see what I can do about that, as well as adding a shadow of some sort. ^.^;

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Thanks for pointing out the pigeon errors, Rin. Because they were set to fly above everything, I thought the top one would be over the waterfall. I'll have to see what I can do about that, as well as adding a shadow of some sort. ^.^;

I would suggest opening up the pigeon set in paint with the shadow from RMVX system files. That way, you can stretch the canvas, say 3x, then place a shadow at the bottom of each section. That way, the shadow is part of the tile... although, that also means that it will always be there and at that same location... which shouldn't be a problem if you keep the original too for scenes that call for no shadow.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 75
Reireisen
But don't set the opacity to 100%, it'll seriously mess up the pigeon's shadow. Set it to 75% or 65%. So that way, it will emphasize very much how the pigeon flies instead of making it look like it's flying on the ground.

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
Thanks, both! I was gonna just recolour the bird sprite to 50% (may still do that at a later date, though) but this was much faster. :P I forgot they already included that shadow tile in the set. ^.^

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 82
@Adrien: I'm liking that map. The only issue that I have is with the cave floor tile that you're using (The TileA5 one)
I think it clashes badly with the random feeling that the cave has. It's too straight.

Rep:
Level 75
Reireisen
Only thing that bothers me is the left cave wall on the entrance. Try making it fade from the dark.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Actually, that looks pretty nice to me Adrien!

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 74
Don't underestimate Porings
A village:
Spoiler for:

The windmill is powering something but it's an event in-game so it's not shown in the parallax image.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 74
Don't underestimate Porings
That second map is nice adrien, but the front wall seems to lack depth. It can;t support the main middle tower with a long roof stretching out towards the back. Also, one of the tent's overlay seems to have priority issues with one turret on the castle. There is also a tree to the right that seems a tad cut-off.

Rep:
Level 75
Reireisen
The cogwheel seems like standing instead of lying behind the tree trunk.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 82
@Acolyte:
The house with the chimney behind it-The chimney has a shadow behind it, makes it looks like it's in front of something.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
bioteam@ I love those houses. The map has a great atmosphere aswell :)

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
@bioteam - The map's pretty sweet - maybe a bit too spread out for my tastes, but very nice, none the less. Maybe add some paths or something to indication travel between the houses?

@adrien - I really, really enjoy looking at your inner shots, though you do like to use plants to fill space, don't you? Maybe add other decorations instead? You're doing parallaxing so there's no tile limitations - you can afford to branch out a bit. Also, there's a small error in the castle pic - you fogot a side cliff part. I agree with bioteam about the width of the castle needing to be adjusted. Don't move the roof, just the side ramparts and towers a little. Otherwise it looks good.

@Acolyte: I like it, though I think adding some snow on the roofs of the houses would make them seem more a part of the map as opposed to just being stuck on. Also, a bit of snow overlapping the bottoms of the houses - again to make them seem like they're not just floating above the snow. Otherwise, it looks very nice. ^.^

Taking a leaf from Terranigma's book and creating climbable walls.

Rep:
Level 82
@littlesatyr: I really like how your wall has little holes in them instead of the usual rope ladder.
But the holes looks like they're cut out awkwardly in a box-like shape. But very creative nonetheless!

Rep:
Level 89
Title Screen I've been working on:

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
That title screen looks great.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
do the clouds scroll or are they static

Rep:
Level 89
They are static.

Rep:
Level 82
Done some simple snow mapping for my game and to be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with the result:

With Minimap.

Without Minimap.

Constructive critisms are taken positively :)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I don't agree with the cliff face in the top right. It looks too artificial.