RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
Spoiler for:
Hows that?
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
First map in nearly a year, trying out MACK's tileset~

Rep:
Level 81
@KidKay
I think parralax-mapping really expands the capabilities of the rpgmaker.
Is this just like a scetch, or do you plan on adapting this unusual style for your game?
I think it might be a bit too abstract for a medieval themed game.
Also, I think it is kind off odd, that there is a huge pit, but you can't see the outer walls, but instead just the pillar the bridge is standing on.
7/10 just my personal opinion

@Aviziel
Macks tileset always looks nice.
I would add a bit more of random fauna. Small plants, flowers and such.
Perhaps you would also like to add butterflies in various sizes and colours. Don't set the move speed too high, or their movements will appear to abrupt.
Did you use photoshop to create the sunray overlay?
9/10

picture below: the player freezes to death, if he doesn't warm up on fires. The ice on the screen becomes gradually worse.
This is as far as the freezing of the screen can go.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 09:15:31 PM by rofl1337 »

Rep:
Level 83
I really like the freezing idea, it looks cool.
I like your other screenshot but not so much the charaacter I think she looks weird and clashes with the tileset.
I have 3 new screenshots of Lost King, as I've said before, I'm pretty close to finishing it, these screens are from the second to last dungeon, the "Undergound Crypt".
The dungeon:

Using the "Tornado" skill on some Devileye enemies:

Using "group cure" to heal your party:

I hope you guys will like it. I have to start a game topic, I just need to get of my lazy ass and do it .

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
I'm always nervous about both isometric and face-status styles in RM2k3, but you've pulled it off nicely. Enemy names above them is an interesting touch.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
@cray: nice, I like it. Although I do think the lightning on the candles looks a bit too strong.

I've tried a forest now with parallax. This is just a small part though, the map's quite big. The other one is a map with a little cavern; if you walk into the cavern, the 'cavern roof' fades to invisible so that you're standing in the cavern. The HUD's not on top of everything, though, but don't look at that.

- 

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
those skill icon's are from Ragnarok Online aren't they, they look super familiar.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I thought they were just RTP :/
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 83
Those are just RTP icons. :O
  - 

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I guess that's where I saw them but they manage to look a lot like Ragnarok there.

Rep:
Level 81
@cray: nice, I like it. Although I do think the lightning on the candles looks a bit too strong.

I've tried a forest now with parallax. This is just a small part though, the map's quite big. The other one is a map with a little cavern; if you walk into the cavern, the 'cavern roof' fades to invisible so that you're standing in the cavern. The HUD's not on top of everything, though, but don't look at that.

very nice parallax-mapping there.
In the first pic you placed a boulder on flowers. Right above the left flower-tree.
Do you indend do keep the "roof" of the cave flat? I think you could add a few rocks or elevations, but I don't know whether or not the roof will become completely invisible. In case it will not become 100% transparent, you should't add more to the roof, as it would look weird, when semi-transparent.
Also, small graphical error on the the second picture, upper right corner.
really like your work

May I ask, from where you get these lovely trees?
Some are mack's, but what about the ones with flowers and apples.
sincerly
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 05:20:42 PM by rofl1337 »

Rep:
Level 83
very nice parallax-mapping there.
In the first pic you placed a boulder on flowers. Right above the left flower-tree.
Do you indend do keep the "roof" of the cave flat? I think you could add a few rocks or elevations, but I don't know whether or not the roof will become completely invisible. In case it will not become 100% transparent, you should't add more to the roof, as it would look weird, when semi-transparent.
Also, small graphical error on the the second picture, upper right corner.
really like your work

May I ask, from where you get these lovely trees?
Some are mack's, but what about the ones with flowers and apples.
sincerly
Thank you very much. And thanks for noticing the error.

Yes, I intended to keep it flat, because then the transition would be more easy for the eye. If I had put elevations on it, the player's eye would have to adjust but now it doesn't.

Yeah, the small graphical error has to do with the HUD; it's not on top of everything, I have to adjust that with a self.z in the script.

The trees are from the Leomorn Sword project, of which the creator was so generous to give away all resources. So all credits go to him, for these lovely trees. And of course to Mack, as you said.

Thanks again!
  - 

Rep:
Level 81
Picture, so this post isn't spam:

@Japur
first picture, the first bright tree at the right from the character.
The root is overlapping the flowers. I would suggest you paste the trees first, to avoid these (very) small errors.
You could wait with merging the layers, so you can add flowers before adding trees and set the priority of the trees to lowest, when you are finished.
You surely already do this, or have thought of it. I just wanted to point it out.

Could you tell me, from where you got these brighter trees?
sincerly

Rep:
Level 75
This is my first town from scratch using Mack Tiles I was wondering what people thought (there are no events yet other that those used to add layers)

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 81
@Codemaster
I think the top of the cliff looks very flat. You could add more levels on top and at the sides, to make the cliffs look more natural.
The grassy planes in between the houses could be filled with more random fauna. Macks tileset offers quite a few of these little decorations.
You could add a bit more stuff to the houses aswell. I was thinking of signposts, barrels and crates.
Also, if they are chopping down trees, there could be logs big logs laying around and perhaps also stacked smaller ones, like the ones in the RTP tileset.
If there are amphoras next to the market stand, they should also be single ones around it. All in one row makes it look unnatural.
I dont wan't to sound like a dick, I just want to suggest small things to improve the map.
I am sure it will look nice, when you are done.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I disagree on the row of jugs, they'd be organized because they're not a natural thing.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Humans are nitpicky and have to have everything organised. Nature's too cool to do that. On another note, I think the road could probably made a bit thinner or have some stuff on it and the grass could definitely have some more life on it. The life you have there now looks pretty organised too. Not good for nature. If you're gonna have trees in random places, have flowers in random places too.
The cliff looks pretty boring. Even if almost nobody's going to see it, make it interesting for that one guy who's looking for errors.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 75
@rolf1337: I see what you mean by there not being enough chopped wood for the amount of tree stumps but it is supposed to be a newer town and most of it was used to build the houses. But I will add more chopped logs.

@Pacman: I will work on adding a few elevations and trees to the top of the cliff

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 83
I like that town screen, but I think the map is too big, and there too much empty space...
I would try to either fill the map with more stuff or reduce it's size and make everything closer together.
I want an opinion guys, ignoring the ripped graphics, do you like how this looks? Or does this view looks weird to you?

Rep:
Level 75
I think it would look good if your whole game was like that but one map in a game would look off compared to the rest. This is my first map in Xp in the last 2 years how does it look.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
That one looks like an asshole.
@CodeMaster - I can say it's decent, especially if it's your first map in two years. However, I would recommend that you give more variety to the grass, it's too blocky and square. Aside from that, I'd say add a few more flora such as some weeds, even a few bundles of flowers. Some small fauna would also give it a bit more depth too! I'd suggest some squirrels and the like~ n_n

Here's a small map I made for my game I'm working on, Twilight Requiem.

I'm aware that it's cluttered, but, I meant for it to be that way. I was experimenting with some atmospheric techniques and I'm looking for some feedback. Any suggestions or critiques? Oh, if you have any questions, I will happily answer~

Rep:
Level 81

Please give me some advice on sunrays. How do you make yours?
Do you prefer sharp-cut rays, or just diffuse light?
White or slightly coloured?
sincerly

Rep:
Level 83
It's just a matter of taste, I think they will look good unless they are too obvious, they they usually look fake and weird.
I'm practicing with some biggher sprites and tilesets for my next project (now that lost king is close to being finished) The sprite is a WiP but still I?m liking how it is going.
Do you like how a game looks with bigger sprites? I'm kinda getting tired of small ones...

maybe his head is too big though...

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
maybe if you can find a bigger tileset.

Rep:
Level 83
I think the tileset size is okay (by the way, I made it) trees are 6x6 tiles, and the character is 2 tiles high, so it keeps the ratio I want (think of smaller trees like in breath of fire)