RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A noob question about the VX Character Sprite Creator on Famitsu!

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
I be a Noobling yes?
I've just recently joined rmrk ( noob yes >w<;)
And I've got a teeny weeny irk that needs correcting  ^-^
I've created 2 characters using the lovely famitsu sprite creator (a godsend truly!  :lol:)
But the one thing that bugs me about the both of them is that after i transferred them into my VX i gave them both a test run to see that they were working properly, they do its just that the characters are surrounded by a white box while moving about which after giving it some thought irks me a lil bit  :-\
So my question is.. How do I get rid of the dam thing so my character just runs about by him/herself without their white encasement??
I'd be most grateful to know! Arigato Gozaimasu!  :D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Are you saving the file directly or are you taking a screenshot of the sprite?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Have you tried to Import it in the Resource Manager?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
-Take a screenshot of your character. (Only way to save the thing)
-Align the character correctly.
-If you have photoshop or gimp or really anything similar, remove the background and make it transparent and save as a PNG. (Always save as a PNG anyway for your RM games.)
-Now you open the materials database from the editor.
-Go to the character's folder.
-Click on import.
-Find your saved image (Make sure that the character has a $ at the beginning of it's filename.)
-You're done.

If you don't have photoshop or the like and you have to keep the white background, you'll get some problems if you use light colored objects on your characters because white is a common use of color. So when you import the character sheet in the materials database click the background color as the transparent color. But like I said, if white is used anywhere else in your character other than in the background, your character will have random holes and pixels missing. It'll look like shit.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
I be a Noobling yes?
Thanks a ton!
Everything was perfection! Thanks Senpais!
You've been a great help :3
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:33:40 AM by SuoKitten »

Rep:
Level 83
Black Cat FTW :P
grafikal, you are mistaken, if you press the button below the character preview you can save the image (at least thats how it works for me)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
depends on the browser then. It saves a blank png file for myself.

Rep:
Level 83
Black Cat FTW :P
well for the file name it says blank for me, but when I open it shows the character I created

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Good for you.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Meh, i never had a problem either, but heed the words of grfikal and DL gimp. It will allow you to fix nearly anything.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
For a very easy way to make easily-savable characters you can use Damian666's Character Creator on RPGRevolution.net

I find it very easy to use but you might not have as many options for how your character looks... :'(

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Wow, thanks, I was looking for this topic. -_-
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
you don't need to delete the with photoshop if your charset has a backround color  just like this one

than go to your Materialbase and inport your charset if it has a backround he will show you a window now click on the backround color and press ok now the backround sould be deleted