RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Official 'I HATE TECHNOLOGY" Rant Thread

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Mac is for work.
Windows is for games.
Thats's how I run it.

except for WoW and some Steam games.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I have Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.
So in other words, I can't install HALF of my games, because when I try I get "The program or feature "\??\G:\setup.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of windows."

And before you ask:
1.) Yes, i "explored" the disc, running autorun.exe AND setup.exe. Same error message.
2.) Yes, I ran as administrator. Same error message.
3.) Yes, I tried ALL compatibility modes. Same error message.
4.) Yes, I tried compatibility modes AND run as administrator at the same time. Same error message.

Fucking retarded.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
Virtual XP doesn't work, either. What the fuck is this shit?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Look for an .exe made specifically for 64-bit Windows. That's still a pain in the ass, but it might enable you to run at least a few more games.

Rep:
Level 96

I might as well just buy it, Walmart has it for like $16. Chances are I had a bad download, or an old one, or something. (It didn't work on my roomate's computer, either)

Rep:
Level 96
So, my girlfriend is playing Final Fantasy X. It has a tiny little scratch on it. This, of course, makes the game COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE.
I tried downloading an iso, but first Swap Magic wouldn't load it because it was the retarded international version! I downloaded three separate torrents, only to find out that they were the SAME FILE, but with slightly different file sizes. I finally found a way to get ONE of them to work. SORRY. CAN'T FIND YOUR SAVE FILE.

I think I finally found the right goddamn version, but it's on rapidshare. Meaning, I have to "wait 120 seconds" about 30 times before I have it.

I F%$*ING HATE TECHNOLOGY

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Final Fantasy X is like $2 at The Exchange, which is 3 minutes from where you live.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
So, my girlfriend is playing Final Fantasy X. It has a tiny little scratch on it. This, of course, makes the game COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE.
I tried downloading an iso, but first Swap Magic wouldn't load it because it was the retarded international version! I downloaded three separate torrents, only to find out that they were the SAME FILE, but with slightly different file sizes. I finally found a way to get ONE of them to work. SORRY. CAN'T FIND YOUR SAVE FILE.

I think I finally found the right goddamn version, but it's on rapidshare. Meaning, I have to "wait 120 seconds" about 30 times before I have it.

I F%$*ING HATE TECHNOLOGY

Toothpaste and freezer. It's fixed 2 of my games.

What you do is put toothpaste on the underside of the disc, and rub it out from the center, till it's all covered. Leave it for an hour or two and then get it off, you may need to use water to get some of it off.

Make sure it's dry, then chuck it in a bag and pop it in the freezer for a few hours. (like 3 or 4).

Test.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 96
I found the right version online ($0), but I will try this toothpaste trick sometime.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think I'll try that trick with a Super Smash Bros. Melee disc I have that I got for free (thanks, Amazon and your A-Z guarantee!). It's completely mangled up so I doubt it'll work, but it's always worth a try, lol.

Rep:
Level 96
Final Fantasy X is like $2 at The Exchange, which is 3 minutes from where you live.
It's a matter of pride! :mad:
I've already bought another copy of the game once because it got one little scratch and stopped working. I refuse to pay for a third! :mad:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
 If you have Swap Magic, you've paid for that so you might as well refuse to pay for any other PS2 game you wish to play. P:

Rep:
Level 96
Since getting Swap Magic, I've added 8 new PS2 games to library. lol :v

This post would belong in a "I LOVE TECHNOLOGY" thread.

Rep:
Level 91
I would like to take this opportunity to SLAP MICROSOFT OR MACROMEDIA OR SOMEBODY OVER THE HEAD BECAUSE I CAN'T USE FLASH OR FIREWORKS MX 2004 FOR MORE THAN 30 SECONDS WITHOUT CLICKING A BUTTON CRASHING IT AND LOSING BOTH MY WORK AND MY SAVING DIRECTORY. THIS IS SILLY, PROGRAMS SHOULDN'T BREAK JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE ON A NEWER OPERATING SYSTEM YOU MECKING TANCY GIPSY SPICE OVENS.

Thank you.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
THIS IS SILLY, PROGRAMS SHOULDN'T BREAK JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE ON A NEWER OPERATING SYSTEM YOU MECKING TANCY GIPSY SPICE OVENS.

The fact is though, the newer operating systems are programmed much different from the old ones so...old programs are actually prone to break.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 83
THIS IS SILLY, PROGRAMS SHOULDN'T BREAK JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE ON A NEWER OPERATING SYSTEM YOU MECKING TANCY GIPSY SPICE OVENS.

The fact is though, the newer operating systems are programmed much different from the old ones so...old programs are actually prone to break.
And backwards compatibility is a waste of time, because it usually only slows down the system, and thus rids the OS of most the advances it has made. :)

Rep:
Level 84
My Mac has a dead IP address. Been working on it for 5+ hours and it's still not working. Going to run it through Ethernet now because I don't even care anymore.

Rep:
Level 96
Just received my DSTwo Super Card in the mail today.

It doesn't work.

The one I bought 6 months ago and gave to my girlfriend works. But not mine.

$40, wasted. Awesome.

Rep:
Level 94
Update the DStwo cart's firmware. The problem is probably that your DS's firmware has recently updated, which might have blocked out the cart. If you hard flash the cart's firmware to the cart, it might work. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next DStwo firmware update.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't understand how that works.

My DSi is 1.4, and so is my girlfriend's.

The old DSTwo from 6 months ago that has never been updated still works in BOTH DSi's.
The brand new DSTwo doesn't work in EITHER.

edit: Thinking about it again, maybe it does make sense. The old DSTwo was never updated ... I think. Maybe it was, and I wasn't aware of it, I don't know. But if that's the case, it means I need a DS that hasn't been updated to 1.4 yet, and if I could have found that, I wouldn't have had to buy a DSTwo card in the first place, I could have kept using my Acekard 2i.

So ... wait, no, it still doesn't make sense.

I bought the first DSTwo cart 6 months ago because I had already upgraded my firmware to 1.4. Doing so made my Acekard no longer work, so THAT'S why I bought the DSTwo. Because it came ready, and usable on the 1.4 firmware.

So why doesn't the DSTwo I bought 2 weeks ago work if it's still on 1.4? Nothing's changed.

wtf
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:00:37 PM by Warlter Bishop, Ph.D. »

Rep:
Level 94
Because your new cart doesn't have the latest firmware on it. You have to flash the cart with the latest custom firmware, and then the DS will recognize it as a valid game.

Rep:
Level 96
But I can't do that unless I can find a DS that has older firmware, right?

Rep:
Level 94
No, you go to the supercard website and download the latest firmware for the DStwo.

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, it worked.

I don't know how it worked. I'm amazed the technology is smart enough to simply work that way. You know, I thought the DSi would be too smart and to simply ignore what's loaded on the root of the SD Micro card, but I guess I was wrong. I mean, how can it be that simple?

I mean, to upgrade the firmware on the Acekard 2i, you need a DS that hasn't been upgraded yet. I wonder how the DSTwo guys got around that...

Well, it works, so I'm happy.

Rep:
Level 94
Supercards from the DStwo on have an on-board chip, rather than just being ds-game shaped SD cards. This lets them do things like flash the DS's firmware, and run games that use more storage. The Acekard doesn't have the chip, so you need to use another DS. The DStwo is superior to the DSone, because with the DSone, you got a usb-flasher, and had to flash the cart that way. Now you can just do it all from the cart itself.