RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
noob question

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
most n00b question ever, how. do. I. make. a. switch?

*Moved to Tutorial Forums - Dwarra*

Quote from: biohazard
most n00b question ever, how. do. I. make. a. switch?

Like this: Go into the switch options, name one switch, link another page of the event, or another event with the switch and use it. Good for some quests, if you want the player to have to goto one event before you can goto another, good if you want to activate a teleport event after that event, etc. Remember to do switch operations on and off. On, activates the switch while off deactivates it, when you don't need it anymore!

BTW: This should go into the tutorial section.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
where do i go to see switches, thats whats pissing me off, like ?>?>?.

Rep:
Level 91
event commands menu -> switch operation, click on the little arrow near the switch number and then you can choose which switch to use and you can also name them
remember they all start by default on off and the naming has 100% no meaning, it's just very helpful for you to remember what is what
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
well, it doesnt do anything, the switch just says off when i want it to go off and on the rest of the time, so how do i program the switch to DO something?

Rep:
Level 91
remember that switch operation window thingy?
under the switch selection there is a small thing called "operation" if you want to turn the switch on simply mark on, if you want it off then mark off.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I have the same problem!

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:38 am GRAVEDIGGING TO THE MAX

Oh I'm sorry.

I used the search button like you guys said though.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
You noob-a-sours, don't double post! EDIT!