RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Skill Books

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
OK,in RMXP is there a way to make an Item that can teach on ally a skill?
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Yeah create an item and where it says item type hit Spell Book

Rep:
Level 90
He said for XP. That is simple my friend. Make a common event, on the commands bit make an event command that says, teach skill (skill name)
(I forget what it is called but I know it exists)
Then make an item, call it scroll or something, set it so it is only usable in menu, then set it to consumable then set the common event you just made -,-

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
oh,ok thanks
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep:
Level 91
you will then realize you need to choose which hero obtain the skill and the player has no control over it

you will also realize mental doesn't know what he is talking about

and then you will realize that by using conditional branches to check which members are in the party and then asking the player if he wants any of those to learn the skill using show choices will be the best and just about only solution
holy shit my sig was big!