RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Warning: Remove rpg maker from your websites.

Wow, I almost thought for a second that Blue wouldn't beable to get himself outta' that. I love these little episodes.

He does have a point, I questioned why they would've asked you all your personal information.

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
hotlinksing isnt a crime its just not very appriciated...

hosting a version of a product for free that a company is selling will get u into alot of trouble if you aint careful i.e they want money back and if u own a website they can get ur address without any trouble.
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: blueXx
lol let's remind you:
a. every country got it's own laws
b. when it comes to say israel, we don't have such dumb laws, it's stupid and no one will ever get caught anyways, so if i do anything they can't do sh*t to me even if i do get caught simply cause they can't reach me in here
c. i am more than sure this dumb law does not exist in alot of other countries, usa was always stupid...
d. ok assuming there is a law, do you really think they can track anyone down? i mean come on.. look at the nice crack sites and sharing programs and so on, if they could those wouldn't be there anymore but some of them are there for years over years over years

pointlessbrain are just trying to make little kids scared, they knwo very well they  cannot do anything thus they asked for the personal info , they also took their time to ad useless junk seeing as no one buys it.

now seriously, if free downloads weren't allowed to be hosted on other sites then you should close the entire internet
there isn't even 1 normal site that doesn't use dl/image from another site

now notice i said image, cause images are still files, and hi, i don't see anyone calling you telling you to take off that black guy avatar seeing as you 100% use it without asking before that.

and how would you know it's not copyrighted? did you ask the black guy in the picture if he wants to stay as an avatar?
maybe you should be sued for not allowing the privacy of that guy too?

bottom line is:
internet crimes are so common they are not crimes and the courts should understand that.
no one ever got arrested for such idiotic reason, and hardly anyone at all got arrested for internet crimes ever, maybe 2-3 hackers that were stupid enough to show off around that they did blablabla.. or whateva

stupid brain knows that quite well and thus they are asking for personal info so they can ad  bomb you and maybe blackmail you into being junk product that useless company offers

and lastly, when it comes to letters sent on the internet, you can always say the email didn't reach your inbox thus you couldn't know and wait for a normal letter or a phone call
if any of those reach, start working cause some dumb brat told them who you are, otherwise it's a proof that they have no idea what they are talking about and they just try to scare little kids cause they suck at programing

and lastly, before i forget, according to them if you do that then you break a law against them, thus you break a japanese law, you cannot be arrested in say uk for breaking a japanese law unless the country decides the law you have broken is serious enough to summon you to the court and judge you which i doubt will happen
and that's just what happens because there is no such thing as an international court

You know blue...you sound like a three year old. Plus you did some bashing in your post. And by saying half the stuff you said makes you look dumb!!

First off Dont think that because you don't live in the United States that you are not at fault for stealing peoples stuff; because you would be wrong! Copyright law is governed by the Berne Convention world wide and in the United Stats, it's governed by federal law.

So here try this one since you seem to know so much:

=====================================================

I post this to let all the newbies here and some who just may not know. That even coding is protected by copyright law!!!!!! ( I also posted this here cause well I think this is where it would go).

===================================
The Low Down On Copyright & Trademark Laws

Contents
1) The Laws of Five
2) What is Copyright?
3) How Copyright Laws Work
4) Copyright Notice
5) Urban Myths
6) What is Tradmark?
7) The Diffrences
8) Defamation

The Laws of Five
If you can write it, film it, make it, code it, or even post it; it's protected by the law. The internet is a huge place and its easy to steal peoples stuff. So here are the major categories of property laws in the United States.

Copyright Law- This protects works created by an author or artist, including: writen material, illustrations, music, and videos.

Trademark Law- This will protect: words, names, and symbols used by people to identify the source or origin of services or goods.

Patent Law- Protects; new, useful, and nonobvious inventions.

Trade Secret Law- This protects valuable information that is not widely known and has been kept a secret by its owner, such as the exact recipe for "Big Hunk."

Trade Dress Law- This protects: presentation, packaging, or general look of a product (like the ceral box for "Xix"). For websites this would be the distinctive look of the site itself.

What is Copyright?
Gives exclusive rights to authors of original works (for a limited time). The United Stats, copyright law is federal law with both civil and criminal provisions. Did you know that E-mail is considered copyrighted the moment you type it, doesn't matter if the idea is factual information, blank forms, systems, or specific words, titles, or names-just an expression of a idea. This is also true for: forums/message board, websites, guest book, or online journals/blog. Also remember a work not officially registered is still protected under copyright law, and does not have to include a copyright notice.

How Copyright Laws Work
Dont think that because you don't live in the United States that you are not at fault for staeling peoples stuff; because you would be wrong! Copyright law is governed by the Berne Convention; in the United Stats, it's governed by federal law. Your works are protected by copyright for life of the author plus 70 years after their death. Does not matter if they carry a copyright notice or not.

Copyright Notice
Even though its no longer required in order to assert ownership over a work, making your website and pages with a copyright notice has its benefits.

1) Might scare some "John Dou" from heisting your property.

2) If someone does heist something, it may be easier to prove "willfulness" on that person's part.

3) Put a notice on every Page!!!!!

Heres the standared HTML code for the

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
oops, double post.

|
|
V
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Not taking sides here, not openly anyway, because I know what I know, and that's all that matters, and I don't enjoy getting in arguments, but I wonder what blue will say to that...

However, I will say this will prove my point to everyone who didn't believe me when I told you my music was copyrighted, and you will be in seriwous trouble using it without permission or getting it from me or a site I have let host it. And in even bigger trouble for claiming it as your own.   You know who you are, and I'll just leave it at that for now.

Rep:
Level 91
i wonder what they do about games made with the illegal version. thats if they can do anything.

Rep:
Level 97
I don't think they would do anything, maybe ask you to stop. I'm sure if you were trying to sell your game made by the illegal version, and they found out, they would put a stop to it quickly.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
I just congradulate TheBodge for being the first person on Crankeye for getting DIRECTLY in touch with ENTERBRAIN  :whoa:

Rep:
Level 91
dawarra you do know its your site were talking about. they whont your personal details and how many people downloaded them. you could be in big troble  :shock:

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: gongo
i wonder what they do about games made with the illegal version. thats if they can do anything.

That be like trying to make every guy turn guy....Not going to happen.

And I went to that site and the downloads are still up...even downloaded 95 for no reason.

Rep:
Level 91
well, first we'd need to know if rpgmaker xp games were tracable to an illegal version of RM, if not then it wouldnt be an issue, RM 2k3 would be more noticable if u made a game with the ripped off version... probably  :?

Rep:
Level 91
oh the beauty of laws and the stupidity behind them

ok let's have some fun shall we?

What is copyright?
"Gives exclusive rights to authors of original works (for a limited time)"

notice the limited time.. they forgot to define the limited time.. hmm funny isn't it? maybe i should mention limited can be 0.1sec

but let's forget the stupidity behind laws, let's go back to laws

ok, so when it comes to fun stupidities from around the web, i can tell you that by quoting me without permission you have broken my copyrights and thus i should sue you -.-
lol isn't that just the dumbest thing you ever heard?

and your black guy.. did i already mention you should fear how he won't like the avatar to be used by you
i didn't see you ask for permission..

i mean come on, let's stop beind ignorant morons who read words on papers for a sec, do you seriously think, even for 1 sec, that anyone can possibly punish for that law?

and being international doesn't make a thing, there are no "international courts for internet stupidities" and no "international police for dumb kids"

they can bark all the rules they want, they will be wrong, whoever wrote this articale probably did it to scare morons who believe that

i am telling you that they can't do anything to you for as long as you don't put their serial or whateva on your site (giving the paid program away as a result) or claim it's your own, otherwise it's fine, p.knights seems to have copyrights now if your dumb articale is right
once again, it was written by a pitiful brute who thinks someone cares

let's put it that way: even if they can know who you are, they can only summon you to court in your own country cause no country have the power to force anyone out of any country without that country's approvement, which will only be done if you made a serious crime

now, if say they do come here, stay here until everything is set and summon me to court, what will they say?
"he stole our no profits and made them still no profits"?

the police will laugh and tell them to go back to japan..

the police don't have the time and men to deal with such pitiful stuff, the copyrights over the internet is just a stupid dream

and anyway, if i claim i made halo's music, what can he possibly say?
let's say he can't make anymore music for whateva reason, and thus can't prove it was him, and a person need to decide if i made it or halo made it and he doesn't know any of us, it's nothing but a random call

to prove YOU did something YOU will need to record every sec of it
i can easily claim your brother or whateva used your pc to make it or otherwise i hacked into your pc and wrote what you wrote and claim it's mine and judging by the ip it will be right..

there is nothing you can do nor say, those laws have a nice mouth but no teeth if the crime was made outside the country or worse, on the internet.

damn that was long..

btw keep the stupid 3 years old insults to yourself, have fun trying comment

edit: i almost forgot to say, in order to make a true copyright, you have to physicly go to the right goverment office and copyright your item,word, creation, otherwise no one can say it's really yours and stealing of ideas without the idea owners being able to respone can happen.
if you invent something and believe foolishly it's yours without official copyrights then i am proud to say you are a moron.
you need to have papers, that's goona leech some efforts from you, otherwise your idea is mine if i want to copyright it before you
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
I'm not gonna take the time to read though the everyone's posts, but I will say this. RPG Maker for the PS2 sucked. It sucked major major cock. IT worked preety much like RPGMXP, only it had listened to Sum 41 all night, wouldn't listen to you, and started to ramble about inumpoetant things in life.

NOtice something interesting about the PS2?? THERE'S NO KEYBOARD!!!!! SO everthing was entered though a interface keyboard on the screen. Fun fun fun. The graphics were worde than the N64. WORSE THAN THE N64!!!

To top it off, it created a 3-D eviroment, provided you could understand how to connect any blocks together, to make anything resembling a floor.

So, if enterbrain actually owns that piece of shit. FUCK THEM! FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THE EAR!

Rep:
Level 97
let's say he can't make anymore music for whateva reason, and thus can't prove it was him, and a person need to decide if i made it or halo made it and he doesn't know any of us, it's nothing but a random call

To make a long story short, I'll just say most music programs copyright everything for you. I don't mean the part where you actually type in your name at the bottom, but once you put it, well, on the internet for example, it is legally copyrighted. For those of you who write music, you can get copies of your copyright information, they won't send it to you unless you ask for it. But that's all besides the point. My music ramblings are pointless. The POINT IS...

Quote from: Inaru
RPG Maker for the PS2 sucked. It sucked major major cock.

Rep:
Level 89

What is copyright?

notice the limited time.. they forgot to define the limited time.. hmm funny isn't it? maybe i should mention limited can be 0.1sec

ok, so when it comes to fun stupidities from around the web, i can tell you that by quoting me without permission you have broken my copyrights and thus i should sue you -.-

and your black guy.. did i already mention you should fear how he won't like the avatar to be used by you

i mean come on, let's stop beind ignorant morons who read words on papers for a sec, do you seriously think, even for 1 sec, that anyone can possibly punish for that law?

and being international doesn't make a thing, there are no "international courts for internet stupidities" and no "international police for dumb kids"

they can bark all the rules they want, they will be wrong, whoever wrote this articale probably did it to scare morons who believe that

i am telling you that they can't do anything to you for as long as you don't put their serial or whateva on your site (giving the paid program away as a result) or claim it's your own, otherwise it's fine, p.knights seems to have copyrights now if your dumb articale is right

let's put it that way: even if they can know who you are, they can only summon you to court in your own country cause no country have the power to force anyone out of any country without that country's approvement, which will only be done if you made a serious crime

now, if say they do come here, stay here until everything is set and summon me to court, what will they say?

the police don't have the time and men to deal with such pitiful stuff, the copyrights over the internet is just a stupid dream

i can easily claim your brother or whateva used your pc to make it or otherwise i hacked into your pc and wrote what you wrote and claim it's mine and judging by the ip it will be right..

there is nothing you can do nor say, those laws have a nice mouth but no teeth if the crime was made outside the country or worse, on the internet.

damn that was long..

edit: i almost forgot to say, in order to make a true copyright, you have to physicly go to the right goverment office and copyright your item,word, creation, otherwise no one can say it's really yours and stealing of ideas without the idea owners being able to respone can happen.
if you invent something and believe foolishly it's yours without official copyrights then i am proud to say you are a moron.
you need to have papers, that's goona leech some efforts from you, otherwise your idea is mine if i want to copyright it before you

You think I wont comment back...With every Post I have seen of yours (not just in this topic, but others). You do nothing but bash, flame, etc to people and the staff dont care. Now its my turn.

So grab a pin and some paper and take the pen place it to the paper and write down what Im going to educate you on.
What is copyright?

See here is an example of someone thinking they know the law. No matter how much you say the law sucks or is crap, they are still there in place. You say limited time...can be 0.1sec? But you are wrong again.

Copyright is protected untill you die, then its protected 70 years after your death. So your so called 0.1sec is wrong, but Im not done yet in proving you wrong.

You said I should not insult you, but read what you wrote...what else should I think, but you are nothing more then some 10 year old who thinks he knows it all.

First off it is true what ever you post on a forum, guestbook, or even your E-mail is protected by copyright, but you can not sue some body for quoting you on a forum. You tried that and the police would laugh at you.

Now your just acting dumb!!!!! :|

"international police for dumb kids"

I see you can insult yourself.... :|

"p.knights seems to have copyrights now if your dumb articale is right

Thats not the point. Knights edition was illegaly translated.

i almost forgot to say, in order to make a true copyright, you have to physicly go to the right goverment office and copyright your item,word, creation, otherwise no one can say it's really yours and stealing of ideas without the idea owners being able to respone can happen.

Again you think you know it all. You do not have to do what you said. Once you (for example) write a story even if you dont get it copyrighted it is still protected by copyright law.

Before you run your BIG mouth try going to the official copyright website and do some research. Put your money where your mouth is.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Jack Sparrow

What is copyright?

damn that was long..

You think I wont comment back...With every Post I have seen of yours (not just in this topic, but others). You do nothing but bash, flame, etc to people and the staff dont care. Now its my turn.

So grab a pin and some paper and take the pen place it to the paper and write down what Im going to educate you on.
What is copyright?

See here is an example of someone thinking they know the law. No matter how much you say the law sucks or is crap, they are still there in place. You say limited time...can be 0.1sec? But you are wrong again.

Copyright is protected untill you die, then its protected 70 years after your death. So your so called 0.1sec is wrong, but Im not done yet in proving you wrong.

You said I should not insult you, but read what you wrote...what else should I think, but you are nothing more then some 10 year old who thinks he knows it all.

First off it is true what ever you post on a forum, guestbook, or even your E-mail is protected by copyright, but you can not sue some body for quoting you on a forum. You tried that and the police would laugh at you.

Now your just acting dumb!!!!! :|

"international police for dumb kids"

I see you can insult yourself.... :|

"p.knights seems to have copyrights now if your dumb articale is right

Thats not the point. Knights edition was illegaly translated.

i almost forgot to say, in order to make a true copyright, you have to physicly go to the right goverment office and copyright your item,word, creation, otherwise no one can say it's really yours and stealing of ideas without the idea owners being able to respone can happen.

Again you think you know it all. You do not have to do what you said. Once you (for example) write a story even if you dont get it copyrighted it is still protected by copyright law.

Before you run your BIG mouth try going to the official copyright website and do some research. Put your money where your mouth is.
====================================================

Any way I E-mailed this person that made that game for sale and heres what she said:

Of course I'm using the legal version! I would be an idiot to sell the game
if I wasn't. The game is probably going to have a small blurb in
Enterbrain's magazine, LOGIN, next month, so that should squelch that line
of thinking.

As for the kid's statement: I did use some of the graphics provided with the
engine, and this is okay with Enterbrain, as is clearly stated on their
website. It would be illegal if I used ripped graphics from other games, and
there is a big warning about this on the Enterbrain site.

Most of the kids who pirate RPG Maker do not understand the rules associated
with using it.

I hope this helps and if you need more information, let me know!  

~Amanda

Rep:
Level 91
lol jack obviously you are losing it and you have no idea what ya talking about

ok let's just imagine, stupidly, that everything is auto-copyrighted

let's have a few points that your brain didn't understand yet:
a. you cannot prove who is the owner of the thing
what i make can be copyrighted to blue from ip X, seeing and blue does not actually exist and seeing and ip is changable no one can possibly know who the legal owner is.

halo makes music? halo doesn't exist either.. and there are tons of people with the nick halo or whateva.

now, go to anywhere you want and ask for the copyright papers for your stupid words or creation, you will not find them
THEY DO NOT EXIST UNTIL YOU GO TO THE GOVERMENT AND FILL LIKE 100 FORMS TO OBTAIN THEM
got that?
if you failed to do so, they are not copyrighted

the goverment copyright will be for 70 years after you die, otherwise copies are legal, whats auto-copyrighted if you might is the original

say you made a post saying A, no one can say A is their's though if anyone else make a post saying A even if he did steal your post IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL

let's not run from the point you failed to understand too, if there was a theft no one can possibly judge you for it CAUSE THERE IS NO INTERNATIONAL COURT NOR INTERNET COURT
lacking any of them, you can't judge anyone outside your country's limits

as for your black guy, stop ignroing that you moron, it's copyrighted to your black guy , if you believe it is a crime then you are not allowed to use it without permission, i mean come on, just admit you are a complete idiot like everyone else do

you can't win a debate against me jack

as for
"I see you can insult yourself....:|  "

no idiot, i was saying there is NO international police for dumb kids who want their copyrights

so here is a short list for you:
a. no court can debate any internet copyright issues unless the owner and the breaker live in the same country
b. proving you are the human who made it, seeing as jack blue and halo dont exist, they are on their own copyrighted to the 3 true us, is impossible seeing as you can't know for sure who you are talking with
i can say i am halo, login with halo's account after hacking his pass and claim that i am halo and my ip changed
c. copyright papers only exist after you physicaly walked and asked for them after proving you are the owner of creation X
d.no halo music programs don't auto paper copyright otherwise to get your copyright it will require 10k men looking around who knows how many papers cause their printer doesn't seem to need ink refills -.-
e. only by having the paper or the original, physical creation will you be able to prove your copyright
f. needless to say enterbrain copyrighted the makers, they would be dumb not to
g. by allowing downloading you do not claim it as your own, you give free ads to the owner, if you do claim it your own then and only then they will be capable of summoning you to the court of law though they won't be able to tell who you are.
h. failign to have international courts, they will have to judge one in their own country, the loses they will have for doing so are greater than the profits they will gain from letting people download stuff for free from their site , thus this move will be idiotic
i. alot of people tried but i am telling you jack, no one can possibly match me, don't play with the big boys if you are going to put flaming all the time and for the last time truth isn't flaming it just seems like it, you lost ;)

Rep:
Level 97
Quote from: noteworthysoftware.net
You retain all of your copyrights to any music that you create with the full version of NoteWorthy Composer. Releasing your music in any form, being that it is made on thsi software, grants you the copyrights automatically.

Having the rights to a piece of music does not depend on whether you have registered the software you created (or arranged) it on, it depends on whether you composed it originally or someone else composed it originally and you are making an arrangement of it. If someone else composed it and it is not in the public domain, then you have no rights to it unless you buy those rights from the copyright holder.

I rest my case with that, and I know many of the other music making programs do this as well. I have plenty more evidence if the need arises. And there is no need for name-calling. Let's try to have this discussion in a mature manner without resorting to insulting people's intelligence.

Rep:
Level 91
i have to ask myself why BlueXx Cares so much about what Jack thinks. what does it matter to you? cos you jusy leave him alone...?

Rep:
Level 97
In all actuality, they're both right, but I don't think that has hit home yet.

Rep:
Level 91
"If someone else composed it and it is not in the public domain, then you have no rights to it unless you buy those rights from the copyright holder."

and that's when the fun begins
i say i composed the exact same music as you did, a crazy thing that happened by chance, but i am also saying i did it 1sec before you, in fact i just dled your music but i own the program

how can you possibly prove i did not make it before you?
or otherwise how can you possibly prove you made it first?
or how can you prove i didn't make it at all?

i mean it's great that they say copyright copyright, but can they really know who is the owner of what and can they stop you from getting their fake copyrights on a music that has already been done assuming no one heard about it?
(the program can say good for you but the program can't point at the person's name nor the time it was made(last changed won't help.. go on and set your pc date to 1964) )

bodge.. i like  that little debating thing, otherwise i wouldn't be in this forums in case you haven't noticed it's not like i need the help of anyone here or even use rmxp anymore..

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
This debate is getting out of control.

I would like to keep it open but you know...

OMG LOCKED