RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Resource Manager Weirdness

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
Well, I made this mistake quite awhile ago and never followed through on it. And, like all mistakes in RPG Maker (so it seems) this one has come back and bit me in the ass :-X

I thoughtlessly went and deleted a bunch of sprites I didn't need from my main graphics folder, the one which I believe all games I create draw their graphics from:
(C:\Games\RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition ENHANCED\Games\)

After I finished deleting the files I didnt want, I attempted to open my game and it said it was missing an image (warrior01 or whatever). I checked the resource manager and realized that ALL images had been removed from it.

I was able to quickly fix this by re-importing all the images, but the little dots next to each image (in the RM) were now RED, instead of BLUE.

I didn't realize the significance of this until I recently tried running a few demos, and they gave the same "missing image" error. Sure enough, their \character file in their RM was empty (save for the specific files that came with it)

To summarize, my understanding of the problem is this: I messed up the resource files from which ALL games on my computer draw from, had to re-import them, and now they are game-specific files, and must be imported into every game I run. Anyone know how to change this? I would image I have to somehow reestablish them as "main files" or whatever, but have no idea on how to do this.

If anyone knows a good tut explaining the workings of the RM and all this, a link would be appreciated as well. Also, please don't flame me for being stupid and not deleting the files from the RM first: I realized my mistake allready.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:03:06 AM by Zeriab »

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
To solve everything quickly,

• Make a backup of your projects on your desktop(just incase)
  • Re-install RPG Maker(Whatever version you used)

Easy isnt it? lol
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
To solve everything quickly,

• Make a backup of your projects on your desktop(just incase)
  • Re-install RPG Maker(Whatever version you used)

Easy isnt it? lol

D'oh, think I deleted the installer :o

Thanks anyway
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:06:54 PM by Yawgmothsbud »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Whoa. Do you guys usually just make your games into the Game Folder in the Hard Drive? o0 Why not just always make it in a folder on your desktop, so that you could easily access it always? 0o

Rep:
Level 87
1. it did it automatically

2. Shortcuts, my friend  :tpg:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, but that saves time for when you have to back stuff up. I make a folder for just RPG Maker Stuff so I can sort out Scripts, Resources, Games, Games I'm making, etc.

Rep:
Level 87
Just uninstalled + reinstalled...the dots are still evil and red!

Any other ideas?  :'(

EDIT: Theyre only red on my game...and it fixed it for the demos, so I guess its fixed. Thanks again.

EDIT EDIT :tpg:: Yay, now I know how it works: Blue = In main resources folder, Red= Game-specific resources. I win!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:51:33 PM by Yawgmothsbud »