RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Blue Bird SE © Scripting Tool

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
As you know, the RPG Maker's default script editor isn't very powerful. With it, doing basic stuff like comment multiple lines and some other functions that should be "one click to do" can be really annoying because the process is a litle slow.

Blue Bird SE comes to change all that! I've focused on simplicity so users can make scripts more quickly.

One of the things that is surely well welcome is the Intellisense. Most of you have surely forgot some syntax before right? With Intellisense you can have memory problems set to past.

To help even more your coding swiftness, I've implemented some Code Snippets functionality to the program (ex: type for and then press the TAB Key of the Keyboard. Automatically, the for syntax is displayed and inserted into the code)

But wait! There is more!
Blue Bird SE contains more functions! Besides the main focus (simplicity) I've also focused on other things like improving the efficiency of coding RPG Maker Games!

Blue Bird SE delivers some code samples ready to be used:

Other thing that is really important to say is that you can create and test your projects games even if you don't have RPG MAKER installed in your computer.

Besides all that, there is really a cool world to look around in the Blue Bird SE Editor, you don't need much time to get used to the program.

DOWNLOAD LINK: Click here and download from the official website
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:58:24 PM by Johnny Mercy »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Intresting  ;D

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I think I'm going to wait and see until someone else tries it... The last editor program like this I downloaded from a Portuguese site that used 4shared turned out to be a virus.

If it's not, then this looks really interesting and it would be great to use and give feedback on.

RMRK Junior
I think I'm going to wait and see until someone else tries it... The last editor program like this I downloaded from a Portuguese site that used 4shared turned out to be a virus.

If it's not, then this looks really interesting and it would be great to use and give feedback on.

I assure you it is not  ;)

I'm also trying to get some feedback and some advices (Give me ideas to implement on the program. Things that you guys would like to see on it)

Thanks!

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Posting to say that your link is broken. Correct link should be:

Code: [Select]
[url]http://clean-studio.com/bb/[/url]

Anyways, looks cool. Trying it out now. Should help when writing code.

RMRK Junior
Posting to say that your link is broken. Correct link should be:

Code: [Select]
[url]http://clean-studio.com/bb/[/url]

Anyways, looks cool. Trying it out now. Should help when writing code.

Thanks! I hadn't noticed it xD
Changed

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
A few things I noticed when testing it.

... Button for filepath does not seem to work.

The preset scripts are  in Portuguese.

Needs insert key function to insert a blank page, instead of having to insert a pre set script.

When renaming a new class from the name box at the lower left, nothing happens.

Missing Crtl + Q Shortcut to comment selected code.

Bookmarks seem to disappear when you change scripts.

It seems to lock up for a bit on bigger scripts.

I could keep going, but most stuff is just simple features that I use a lot when making scripts.

Overall it feels bulkier and slower than the default RPG Maker editor.

It would be nice for new people to use, but for someone who makes a lot of scripts, it's too slow to be of any help.

I hope that you will continue to work on it and improve it's performance and features.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I'm going to agree with TDS here. I feel as if the simplicity and speed of the default RGSS editor makes it a better choice. I hope you can improve on this and I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

RMRK Junior
The preset scripts are  in Portuguese. (This will be fixed on the next version, i forgot to change the files sorry!)

When renaming a new class from the name box at the lower left, nothing happens. (If you press Enter the name changes )

Bookmarks seem to disappear when you change scripts. (Will be fixed too)

Missing Crtl + Q Shortcut to comment selected code. (Will be fixed)

Needs insert key function to insert a blank page, instead of having to insert a pre set script. (Sure sure, stupid me on that :P, next version fixed)

Button for filepath does not seem to work. (Didn't understand)

--

Thanks for reporting bugs!

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
When you are creating a new project and click the [...] button next to the file path (Which I assumed was for looking through folders), nothing happens.

RMRK Junior
When you are creating a new project and click the [...] button next to the file path (Which I assumed was for looking through folders), nothing happens.

Found! Bug solved!
Thanks

RMRK Junior
Sorry for double posting, but can someone send me a raw version of the DATA folder in English of RPG MAKER VX and XP?

Send to: joao.cpp.sca@gmail.com

Many thanks!

RMRK Junior
program updated to 0.8