RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Why not use certain graphics

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
why do people not use snes graphics for tilesets and some characters etc. for rpg maker vx or xp, why do people use rpg makers come with graphics more mainly instead of importing all you have to do is get a snes emulator and record your rom video and take screenshots of whatever you want...
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
For one, people are lazy as shit and post on forums constantly for other people to do their work and two, most of those graphics are copy written. People still use them non-commercially or for fan games though.

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
true but.. i was just asking alot of people just use rpg maker graphics and i belive the old school type (snes) just looks alot better
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)