RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
CMS + BS Tweak + Other things (Detailed Request)

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
A Custom Menu System + A Slight Battle System Tweak + A Few Other Minor Things
Introduction
I'm just making a small arcade-like zombie survival game for RPG Maker XP, and I just need a few scripts.
It may be taboo to ask for more than one script in a thread, but these scripts go hand in hand essentially.
All I need is a one-hero'ed CMS with a few features like stat distribution and limited inventory, a battle system tweaked to be only for one hero that uses modern day weapons, and a weapon upgrade system/tweaked shop. Before you say "There is something like that out there already", I'm pretty sure this  all unique.

DISCLAIMER I don't care if it doesn't look exactly like what I asked for, as long as all the systems are there and functioning. These are merely guidlines for what I would want. Also, it may be unclear on what I want, so just make everything nice and customizable.
And finally, it may sound like I'm being forceful, and expect someone to take this without question, I'm just trying to be a strait forward as possible.

Quick Explanations
I need a one-hero cms that contains a new equipment system, and an experience upgrade system. After that, I need a battle system tweak to go with the equipment system, and then a weapon upgrade system to finish it off
In the Equipment System, i need to be able to equip two weapons (not like dual wielding, just seperate) and be able to equip ammos to those guns.
In the Experience Upgrade system, instead of leveling, you buy stats with your experience.
In the battle system, i simply need the hud modified, and add range to your fights, where the enemy has to walk up to you to hit you.
And finally, I need a shop tweak and a weapon upgrade system where the weapons get upgraded by upgrading parts of the weapon, kinda.

Detailed Explanations - The CMS
This CMS is going to be a one-hero, one-scene menu system. The screen is going to be split into 4 sections, each selectable by using the arrow keys and the selection button. Behind the transparent menu is the paused game map in black and white. At first, all sections display a kind of 'teaser' of what is in it. Making a selection on that section will expand it to fill the screen. Of course, the cancel button will put you back into the original screen. At the top of the screen, there will be a few buttons like "Options" and "System".
The four split sections will be cut like so:
-Top Left Section:
*When not expanded, this section just contains a face picture, a red cross that is red/gray depending on how much life you have left, the amount of life you have right beside the cross, and the amount of skill points you have below where your health displayed and then your skills (you only get two in my game) right below that. Your class is also above it all.
*When expanded, it shows everything like before, but it also shows all your stats, your equipment, your skills, your class and your two chosen skills.
-Top Right Section:
*When not expanded, this section shows three 2x3 grids side by side, the two on the right grayed out depending on how much inventory space you have (explained later) and icons in each block. These icons are of the items in your inventory and possibly a number if the item in the inventory is holding more than one object in that slot
*When expanded it brings up a larger version of the 2x3 grids, Having the icon, the name, and the amount in each slot. You can see each ones stats/upgrades--if its a weapon or armor--or its abilities--if its an item. Inventory system explained later.
-Bottom Left Section:
*When not expanded, this section displays your current experience and and all your purchasable stats and amounts.
*When expanded, it will display the attribute upgrade system. Attribute upgrade system explained later.
-Bottom Right Section:
*When not expanded, this section displays currently equipped weapons, ammos for each weapon and armors.
*When expanded, this section will display currently equipped weapons and armors, type of ammo and ammo for each gun, and will display the stats/comparisons of each weapon or armor. This is where you can reload your bullets.

Since this is retarded to read, heres a picture, that I gimped:

(Or here's the link http://img696.imageshack.us/i/scriptrequestpicture.png/ )
This picture shows it all, except for the top right section, right before the skill's name, I want the skill's icon and the highlighted section will glow (like most selections). This picture is poorly done, and I rather have it look much nicer.

Experience System (CMS PART)
In this game, there will be no leveling up. Instead, with your experience, you buy the stat upgrades you want.
Experience cost starts with a base value, then the next time you purchase it, the cost increased depending on an increment value. Say MAXHP has a base cost of 20 and a increment value of 10, then the first time you upgrade MAXHP, it'd cost 20 experience. The next after that, it would cost 30. Then after that, it'd cost 40 and so on.
When upgrading a stat, it does not only add 1. MAXHP for example increases MAXHP by 4, not 1.
You can improve your inventory space by upgrading it (B-Inv)

Inventory System (CMS PART)
In the game I am making, you can only hold up to a limited amount of items. Each item either takes up one slot, or it can stack up to a certain amount of times in one slot (Like Health pots can only stack up to 3 times in one slot). Your base inventory starts at 6 (1 2x3 grid) and can be upgrading via the experience system.
When your inventory is full, it'd be nice if it could turn on a switch, so that it can be branched with events.
If you receive an item when it is full anyways, discard the received item.

Equipment System (CMS PART)
The game I am creating is in a modern world, so for every gun you have, there has to be ammo to go with it. There will be multiple different types of ammo, like just normal ballistic, corrosive, explosive, or even stun ones. But, only guns still require other types of bullets. A normal 9mm handgun would use 9mm bullets, like the 9mm corrosive bullets, but the shotgun cannot use the 9mm series. Instead it uses 12 gauge shells, like the 12 gauge explosive shells. Melee weapons of course do not use ammo. There should be a number on the right of the weapon explain how many bullets are in the gun/out of the max. Like in the reference picture. [6/10] I know I used a bow instead of the gun, but you get the point.
You equip up to two weapons (Once again explained later) and each can carry ammo. After that, you can carry two pieces of equipment. One slot would be for accessories, and the other for armors.

The Tweaked Battle System
Hud:
- First things first, in this game, there is only one hero, so the whole bottom of the screen should be for that one hero. It should include health, sp, weapons/ammo for each, and all of the players stats. The hud should also include how far away each battler is.
- On each enemy, there should be just a health bar with a single number in it showing the current health.
How it works:
The battle system is almost exactly like the original RMXP battle system, but there a few things I want changed.
- When you start the fight, you choose which weapon you want to use that you have equipped, displaying the stats of each as you choose.
- There is now range. Most enemies in the game will have the range of one, and they have to walk up to you each turn to get to you. Enemies start at a distance away equal to your chosen gun's range. Enemies walk up 1 range closer every turn until they can hit you or if they are stunned. I want to use special skills or weapons that have increased strength or power depending on how far away the enemy is.
- The player always attacks first, there is no speed stat.
- Each gun has a different fire rate. Depending on the fire rate, the gun will shoot more than once in a turn. A handgun for example can shoot twice in a turn, while a sniper rifle would only shoot once. If an enemy dies before all shots are fired, the remaining shots are fired at the other enemy. If all enemies die before the remaining shots are fired, it over kills the enemies, and still uses all the shots.
- The way to calculate damage will be very different, but I will want to do that myself, so just use the normal formula.
- The four normal commands (Attack, Skill, Guard, Item) will be changed into new five commands (Attack, Skill, Item, Change Weapon, Reload)
==Attack is shooting your weapon normally, dealing damage.
==Skill is using one of your two skills that you get.
==Item will use an item from your inventory
==Change Weapon does not take up a turn, it just switches which weapon you are using.
==Reload does take a whole turn, but it refills a clip of the weapon you are using. You can also use this to load your gun with a different ammo type.

Tweaked Shop Menu/Weapon Upgrade System
Since in the shop menu, there is only one hero, i just want it tweaked so that it shows all of the items stats/comparisons.
The weapon upgrade system is another menu in the shop (up there with the Buy/Sell/Leave) where you can upgrade one of your weapons. Weapon upgrades are not like "I want to increase my damage by 2!" its more like "Do I want to add a bullet accelerator on my gun, or a leather grip?". In other words, upgrades for your guns are not choosing how many damage points you want, but instead which part you want to add on to your gun to make it stronger. That being said, there will be many different upgrades you can put on your guns, from Heated Bullets, to Longer Barrels. Each upgrade can only be purchased once per gun, but one gun can be upgraded many times with different upgrades.

Okay, well I think that concludes it. If I have forgotten anything I'll edit this post. If you read this all... I thank you. I have posted this same request at many places.
And the most important thing I think I care about in this script, is that its CUSTOMIZABLE. Thanks for reading. Good night.
If your going to take this request, and have any questions, feel free to ask, I probably forgot alot of things.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:01:02 PM by Bullet_Darkness »
Life Sucks... then you die.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I'm just making a small arcade-like zombie survival game for RPG Maker XP, and I just need a few scripts.

So why is this in RPG MAKER VX Script Requests? Also, a mock-up would be nice, though not essential.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Okay, sorry about that, I looked the same to me. I assume by mock up, you mean a brief explanation? I fixed that in. Thank you.
Life Sucks... then you die.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Not really. I meant a picture to go with everything (like the one you did for the menu) for the shop menu. But I guess people can improvise.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:06:32 PM by cozziekuns »