RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] is there a way to make a chance of an event happeining or not?

Rep:
Level 87
Here is what I want: The player can fish at a lake, and when he does, there is a 50/50 chance of catching a fish. How would I do this? I would like it if there was as little script as possible, but if there is, then explain it step by step, including how I would implement it into my game. Thanks for your help! ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:35:15 PM by Zeriab »

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Here you go. This is a function I was planning on implementing in my game.

http://home.comcast.net/~dcwikman/fishing/index.html

Follow all the instructions on that site as directed.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
i went to the site, but I am stuck. The very first direction, Step One, is confusing me. Please help!

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
On the left side is has like a mini tool bar. There is a section that has Bold print that says Scripts to change. Meaning in the original scripts you must find what is marked on the website and add it to the original script.

A simple copy and paste into the script where it tells you to put it.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You could also use variables to do it. You can make it random and then use con. branches.