RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Self created/converted icons

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RIP Jimmy 'the rev' Sullivan & RIP Paul '#2' Gray
I have a problem with some icons I made/converted. It has a white background, and I want it just as the other items (no background colour). It might be a stupid question but I really don't know how. Can someone help me?

This is by the way one of those. This is one I found one the internet and converted from .GIF to .PNG

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Best way would be probably to do it manually with something like Photoshop or GIMP. For simple icons like that, it won't be that hard as long as you have a little patience.

Ok, thank you. I'll try!

Graphic Designer
At least someone could give you a good answer.....

I do all my own custom graphics and they aren't that hard.  You can use ANY image you want as long as you can clean it up.  I always use Photoshop but you can use any software you want.  You can get a FREE 30 day version of the latest photoshop if you would like to try at Adobe.com.

As far as your image is concerned, like I said you can use any graphic but it is better to find one's that are easy manipulated or don't take a whole lot of work.  If it's going to take you forever then you might as well draw it yourself.  I find that .jpegs downloaded from the internet at far harder to work on than .png, .gif. or .bmp.....jpeg's have alot of fuzz in them and usually require alot of manual work which you are trying to avoid. The other 3 formats I mentioned are very good for saving the pic just as it looks.  Did you know that every time you save a .jpeg it adds more fuzz to the pic!?

I guess you want an answer huh? 

Take your pic into your paint program.  You should have some kind of background remover tool. Click on all the white spaces to remove said white background.  If it don't all come out then you can alter the brightness and contrast temporarily to make all the white uniform so it can be removed.  The background remover will only remove one color at a time so if you have a fuzzy .jpeg then you are in for alot of work unless you can balance the color.  Once you have done this you can save it as .png or even .bmp.  The RPG Maker will take .bmp too since it ultimately convert's everything to .bmp anyways.  The .png file is usuallly smaller so stick with it.

Hope this helps....I will more than happy to fix your pic for ya!

peace

Rep:
Level 82
Men are born, then they're formed.
Odd question. Are you putting them in with the materialbase, or downloading them straight into the icons folder manually?

I solved it, I put it in the folder immediatly, but I first have to put them in the database ;)
Thanks anyway!