RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Simple Script Shop

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Alright, in the meantime, i'll try and do any requests I can ;)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
If I find something interesting and unique come up here, I'll offer to do it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Im a learner so what:P
Can I have a centered battle system... Turn base with like a waiting bar and the characters/monsters to have a health bar...if possible if the health bar can't be done ill have other 2 please...

Can I have the status screen with not the sprite image but battle image and all the words with less of a gap and the exp have a bar and numbers rather than just numbers

Thanks in Advance
Go to http://firefly.pokemonfanuniverse.com/forums/index.php
If interested in pokemon and say i was referrer(Edsta)  and pm saying that Thanks

Rep:
Level 90
Can I have a centered battle system... Turn base with like a waiting bar and the characters/monsters to have a health bar...if possible if the health bar can't be done ill have other 2 please...
On the HP bars, do you want those to show up for bosses? I should be able to make something quickly enough though about the bars. As for the battle system, do a search for CBSes. There are a huge amount of CBSes that have been made.

Can I have the status screen with not the sprite image but battle image and all the words with less of a gap and the exp have a bar and numbers rather than just numbers
All of the words with less of a gap?

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
numbers rather than just numbers

'Cause I understood that
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

On the HP bars, do you want those to show up for bosses? I should be able to make something quickly enough though about the bars. As for the battle system, do a search for CBSes. There are a huge amount of CBSes that have been made.

Yes the bar to show up for bosses and cheers for the CBSes

All of the words with less of a gap?
yes so the words are like tighter together with not a massive gap if you get what i mean

numbers rather than just numbers

'Cause I understood that
I mean as in have an experiance bar with numbers rather than the original which is just numbers
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:55:35 PM by Edsta »
If interested in pokemon and say i was referrer(Edsta)  and pm saying that Thanks

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
how about you post a mockup
we don't know what you mean because we aren't mind readers

oh, and don't title your replies

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Hope this image help?

If not can you just do the writing closer together please :) Sorry if i been a pain lolz
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:27:38 PM by Edsta »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I understand about the experience, but I can't do bars sorry -.-

Also, I still don't understand what you mean by the writing closer together :-\

*smacks self in face with cat*

Sorry if we're stressing you here >.<
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Nah im not stressed I thought i was stressing you out   ??? lolz

This help?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:47:54 PM by Edsta »

Rep:
Level 90
WTF do you mean you can't do bars Rune? Tsunokiette has a good bar script in the script database. It's right here. Any time I do something with bars, it's his script that I use. It's reliable, easy to use, and doesn't lag even when you have 20+ bars(think all-in-1 CMS) on the screen.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
@Edsta - Ah, much better :P

@Shinami - Thanks, i'll check that out in a minute

Bah! I haven't scripted in ages. Where do you put that script and how do you call it/make a bar?

I'm becoming a n00b again!! :tpg:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 06:38:27 PM by Rune »
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 90
Sorry for the late 3-day response. As for how to use Tsuno's bar script, it's simple. You define a bar method in Window_Base like this one.

Code: [Select]
def draw_hp_bar(actor,x,y,width = 140)
    hp = actor.hp
    max_hp = actor.maxhp
    percentage = ((hp * 1.0) / max_hp)
    bar_width = (percentage * width)
    empty_width = (width - bar_width)
    gray = Color.new(50,50,50,255)
    hp1 = Color.new(248,45,30,255)
    hp2 = Color.new(248,116,30,255)
    hp3 = Color.new(247,154,30,255)
    hp4 = Color.new(245,203,30,255)
    hp5 = Color.new(247,231,30,255)
    hp6 = Color.new(243,247,30,255)
    hp7 = Color.new(199,247,30,255)
    hp8 = Color.new(138,247,30,255)
    hp9 = Color.new(111,247,30,255)
    hp10 = Color.new(79,247,30,255)
    hp11 = Color.new(51,247,30,255)
    #draw empty if any
    self.contents.draw_gradient(x + bar_width,y,empty_width - 1,10,[gray])
    #draw gradient
    self.contents.draw_gradient(x,y,bar_width,10,[hp1,hp2,hp3,hp4,hp5,hp6,hp7,hp8,hp9,hp10,hp11])
    #draw border
    self.contents.fill_rect(x,y,width,1,Color.new(0,0,0,255))
    self.contents.fill_rect(x,y,1,10,Color.new(0,0,0,255))
    self.contents.fill_rect(x + width,y,1,10,Color.new(0,0,0,255))
    self.contents.fill_rect(x,y + 9,width,1,Color.new(0,0,0,255))
  end
I tend to use 10-12 colors per bar. Though, if you wanted to, I suppose you could use an array to store the colors into instead of just using 10 different variables... ^_^; Now all you gotta do is call the bar inside a window. The arguments in this method are actor, x, y, and width. All in all, a simple method to utilize.

As for where to put the script...anywhere should work fine, though I prefer to keep all my scripts in a different order. I.E. Scripts altering the hidden classes go first. Game_ scripts go second. Sprite/Spriteset scripts go third. etc. like the way they're laid out by Enterbrain.

Rep:
Level 86
M3G4 UB3R SUP4 H4X0R ULT1M4T3 PWN4G3!
I would like to request to scripts  :o
The first script i would like to ask for is an Update Notify Script.

It should - every time it starts - , read an page on the net (like http://rmrk.net/MyGame/UpdateNotifier/BETA_0.2.htm).
If the page shows something like: Newest version, it should start normal.
But if it shows something like: Newer Version, it should block the game from starting, and show a message like: BETA 0.3 Released, please update if you want to keep playing.
Spoiler for:

The second script i would like to ask for is an language script.
When i want my character to say Hello in english, Hallo in Dutch, Hallo in German, i would put a string in, like $string_1=Hello.
On game startup it should give an options menu with:
            Please choose your language:
English        Dutch/Nederlands        German/Deutsch
Then when the point comes, he must say Hello, or Hallo, the game reads, (if i chose Dutch), i chose Dutch, and open the file: language/NL_nl.lang , and read in string_1=Hello, it must print Hello.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 90
For your second script, all you need to do is use 3 switches, one for each language. For each event that uses text, you'll  need three conditional branches that execute depending on which language switch has been chosen. If I wasn't clear enough with the explanation, tell me and I'll make a screenshot detailing the way to do it.

Though for text in the menus, that'll require a bit of scripting to the windows in Scene_Shop, Scene_Menu, etc. It wouldn't be too extensive though. You'd just need to add 3 conditional branches to certain places so the text that is displayed is based on which language switch was activated.

Rep:
Level 86
M3G4 UB3R SUP4 H4X0R ULT1M4T3 PWN4G3!
For your second script, all you need to do is use 3 switches, one for each language. For each event that uses text, you'll  need three conditional branches that execute depending on which language switch has been chosen. If I wasn't clear enough with the explanation, tell me and I'll make a screenshot detailing the way to do it.

Though for text in the menus, that'll require a bit of scripting to the windows in Scene_Shop, Scene_Menu, etc. It wouldn't be too extensive though. You'd just need to add 3 conditional branches to certain places so the text that is displayed is based on which language switch was activated.
And the first script, is it scriptable?

Rep:
Level 90
hmmm...it can done in C++ and unless I miss my mark, RGSS uses C++ for the hidden classes so yes, I would imagine it can be done.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Here's a request.

In a litte project Im working on when Im bored, one of the characters is a gadgetter. They build there own weapons, thx to items they have found around the world.

The request is that when you open the shop window, there's should be a new command called "Gadgetting"

The command should be in that area.

When you open that menu, you will see a list of weapons aviable to build. In the info menu, you will see what kind of items you need to build that weapon.

And exampel:

Shotgun:

What you need to have to build this weapon:
-300 gold

-3 Iron stones

-5 Wodden plates

If you don't have any of those times, you will n0ot be able to build that weapon. But if you have, you can build it, and use it in battle.

I hope it's possible to make this.

Rep:
Level 90
I'll look into Black Shadow's request when I get off work tonight. I don't think it'll take me too long.

I like Stuff :D
First i would like to compliment you guys who accept the scripting work, i think it was very nice of you guys to accept tasks that other perople arent capable of doing.

Now.. i have a script request.. ok, if you have the time to do this and give the script to me i would be so GRATEFUL

1. using the default battle system u start out with RPGMXP, i would like the enemy to have a hp bar above them.. - if you can, to possibly add the numerical value of their health inside or above the hp bar, being that the hp bar is red, and the text is black..

2. same as #1 but for the actors (your characters)

3. For the actors (in battle) to have a SP bar thats in blue that also states the numerical value.

AND Lastly 4. to have that little bar at the bottom that states when your turn is going to take place (normally is colored yellow)- incase i wasnt specific, the bar underneath the actors (during battle) that displays when the actors next turn is going to be (like a timer). If you can try to fit them all in one script, if you cant its fine with me.

I would once again would like to thank you for helping everyone with the scripts (i wish i knew how to script T_T) whether you help me or not.

Surprised? That the Dark side doesnt have cookies? Well you shouldnt be.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
tip #1 - dont title your posts
tip #2 - search for an RTAB system (thats the timer bar you're looking for)

if I wasn't overly-buisy with college and my own project I'd do up the script for bars and such, but I have to lay back...:(
someone should be able to grab it for ya

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

cool thanks=)...didnt know what it was called to begin with  :o

i have a real simple request this time, as for the previous request i have it now, (except the monsters hp, also the hp bar 4 the actors are too transparent but hardly noticable).
I need a simple script that will change the color of the font in a battle that displays your health.. like 20/20 => to 20/20 plz ^^
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 05:30:00 AM by Vmaster22 »

Rep:
Level 90
I just got home and I'm starting on the request from Black Shadow. I'm going to mess around with a few new methods and see what I can come up with. I really hope what I've been doing pays off.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
@Vmaster22 - Don't double-post, use the edit button next time ;)

As for the enemy bars script, I have something like that in my game, just needs a little tweaking ;)
And the font colour script shouldn't be too hard, just need to tweak one of the default scripts methinks ;)

~Edit
Spoiler for Enemy Barz:
class Window_Base < Window 
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Draw Slant Bar(by SephirothSpawn)
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def draw_slant_bar(x, y, min, max, width = 152, height = 6,
      bar_color = Color.new(150, 0, 0, 255), end_color = Color.new(255, 255, 60, 255))
    # Draw Border
    for i in 0..height
      self.contents.fill_rect(x + i, y + height - i, width + 1, 1, Color.new(50, 50, 50, 255))
    end
    # Draw Background
    for i in 1..(height - 1)
      r = 100 * (height - i) / height + 0 * i / height
      g = 100 * (height - i) / height + 0 * i / height
      b = 100 * (height - i) / height + 0 * i / height
      a = 255 * (height - i) / height + 255 * i / height
      self.contents.fill_rect(x + i, y + height - i, width, 1, Color.new(r, b, g, a))
    end
    # Draws Bar
    for i in 1..( (min / max.to_f) * width - 1)
      for j in 1..(height - 1)
        r = bar_color.red * (width - i) / width + end_color.red * i / width
        g = bar_color.green * (width - i) / width + end_color.green * i / width
        b = bar_color.blue * (width - i) / width + end_color.blue * i / width
        a = bar_color.alpha * (width - i) / width + end_color.alpha * i / width
        self.contents.fill_rect(x + i + j, y + height - j, 1, 1, Color.new(r, g, b, a))
      end
    end
  end
end

class Window_EnemyHP < Window_Base

def initialize
    super(0, 0, 640, 480)
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
    self.opacity = 0
    refresh
  end

def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    for i in 0...$game_troop.enemies.size
      @enemy = $game_troop.enemies
      @percent = (@enemy.hp * 100) / @enemy.maxhp
      unless @enemy.hp == 0
      draw_slant_bar(@enemy.screen_x - 55, @enemy.screen_y - 200, @enemy.hp, @enemy.maxhp, width = 75, height = 6, bar_color = Color.new(150, 0, 0, 255), end_color = Color.new(255, 255, 60, 255))
      self.contents.font.color = Color.new(0, 0, 0)
      self.contents.draw_text(@enemy.screen_x - 39, @enemy.screen_y - 230, 100, 32, "#{@percent}" + "%")
    end
  end
end
end

class Scene_Battle

alias raz_update update
  alias raz_update_phase5 update_phase5
  alias raz_update_phase4_step1 update_phase4_step1
  alias raz_update_phase4_step5 update_phase4_step5
  alias raz_enemy_hp_main main

def main
    @troop_id = $game_temp.battle_troop_id
    $game_troop.setup(@troop_id)
    @enemy_window = Window_EnemyHP.new
    @enemy_window.z = 95
    raz_enemy_hp_main
    @enemy_window.dispose
  end

def update
    @enemy_window.update
    raz_update
  end

def update_phase5
    # If wait count is larger than 0
    if @phase5_wait_count > 0
      # Decrease wait count
      @phase5_wait_count -= 1
      # If wait count reaches 0
      if @phase5_wait_count == 0
        @enemy_window.visible = false
        # Show result window
        @result_window.visible = true
        # Clear main phase flag
        $game_temp.battle_main_phase = false
        # Refresh status window
        @status_window.refresh
        @enemy_window.refresh
      end
      return
    end
   raz_update_phase5
 end

def update_phase4_step1
  raz_update_phase4_step1
  @enemy_window.refresh
end

def update_phase4_step5
    # Hide help window
    @help_window.visible = false
    # Refresh status window
    @status_window.refresh
    @enemy_window.refresh
    raz_update_phase4_step5
  end
end

Place that under your other scripts, above main. Should be a plug 'n' play kinda thing ;) It shows HP Percentage, so if you want that changing, just say and I'll see what I can do for ya ;) (Credit to SephirothSpawn, not me! >.<)

Spoiler for Font Colour:
  def draw_actor_hp(actor, x, y, width = 144)
    # Draw "HP" text string
    self.contents.font.color = system_color
    self.contents.draw_text(x, y, 32, 32, $data_system.words.hp)
    # Calculate if there is draw space for MaxHP
    if width - 32 >= 108
      hp_x = x + width - 108
      flag = true
    elsif width - 32 >= 48
      hp_x = x + width - 48
      flag = false
    end
    # Draw HP
    self.contents.draw_text(hp_x, y, 48, 32, actor.hp.to_s, 2)
    # Draw MaxHP
    if flag
      self.contents.draw_text(hp_x + 48, y, 12, 32, "/", 1)
      self.contents.draw_text(hp_x + 60, y, 48, 32, actor.maxhp.to_s)
    end
  end

Go into Window_Base, search (Ctrl + F) for 'draw_actor_hp' (same case) and replace that whole section with that spoiler. Again, should be plug 'n' play. If you want it on SP as well, just say ;)

Any probs with those? PM me ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 03:24:05 PM by Rune »
Sincerely,
Your conscience.