RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Simple Script Shop

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
Oh no, someone just spent three consecutive days playing elder scrolls three: marrowind...

I got way to many ideas now.

Ok, so script ideas:

• Specific weaponry requires two hands, so the one weapon will require both weapon and sheild slots to be open in order to equip
  • A message system similiar to the one in marrowind***
  • Speed skill, the more you walk, the faster you can walk. also displayed in the satus screen

And others which I can't remember at the time

***marrowind message system:
When you go talk to selected events, it brings up a menu similiar to marrowind. A list fo topics on the right, and their reply on the left.
Each NPC will usually say the same thing about each topic, except if the event is supposed to give important information, like part of a quest, or to describe the lifestyle of that character.
Huge sig is huuuuge.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the first and last have been done ^_^

take a look around the scripts database for the last one
and the first is included in D-Wolfman's extra accessory stuff on .org

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
Hey! Okay, I was wondering if it was possible to make a battle system in which there is no escape command, and you have the options of changing your armor and weapons in battle, as well as switching members out of battle for other ones, like ffx.

also, if it's possible, could you make it so that before battle each character may equip five items to use, and while in battle those are the only ones that they can use? and once they run out of the five items, they can't use any items in battle until they equip more? for example, when you're not in a battle, you may give the main character two potions to carry, and then once in battle, only he can use only those two potions. I don't know if this second one is possible..anyway, thanks soooo much!!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Most of it has been done. Devvulfman made a script which gets rid of the escape bar I believe, and someone recently gave me a project which contained a battle switching script by Sephiroth Spawn. The second request is much more reasonable (I haven't seen one yet), and while I cannot do it as I still do not have my computer (though I do have RMXP), my initial idea (for any scripter willing to do it) would be to create a public array in Game_Actor which holds the IDs of the items that are useable. Then, from that it would probably just involve writing a special battle-only Window_Items class which draws from that array rather then from $game_party stuff. And obviously, you would need to write a simple scene to equip the items.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Okay guys...

I haven't been on RMRK much recently, and I feel it'd be best if this topic were owned by someone who comes on more often.
Basically, i'm looking for someone to pass posession of this topic onto. Any offers?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I can't do tons and tons of requests
(I can do more lately because of additional free time)
but I'll take the topic if you need someone to Rune

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I don't need to, i'd just prefer it if it belongs to someone who's on more often than me, anyways, thanks mate :) If an Admin could do whatever to pass this topic on, that'd be sweet :)

I can still take requests, I just won't be on as often to take them...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
alright, np, I can take care of it

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Ero Senin
how do you make a victory counter then put it in the status window

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm sorry, what?

Ero Senin
ok im a complete n00b at scripting in rmxp, i just wanted to know how to put
a victory counter in my characters status window  :)

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I have to say, I've tried that once, using variables, but I couldn't get it to work :-\
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
A victory counter as in?

It counts how many troops are defeated or how many enemies have been defeated? By the entire party, or by each individual party member? That strikes me as something easily done. Basically, if the entire party, it would just be adding an accessible variable to Game_Party, and then an alias of Scene_Battle, end_battle method (I don't know what the method is actually called) and adding the enemies to the party variable.

If actors, it would be similar, though a little bit different depending on if you want them to count just the enemies they themselves have finished, or if you want to count all enemies the party defeats with them in the party. And, you would need to modify the status window a bit to display.

Anyway, which do you want done? Victory counter is very non-descript.

EDIT:

You guys should make them follow a request template. Like, if a window a paint mockup, and exact features of everything they want done, or something like that.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'll write one up. (need the topic switched to my possession as well)

as for a victory counter
I has a plan, will make a configurable one, probably will be done by the end of the day

going to make a custom status screen to display it all as well
(if you have something in mind that isn't the same as the default, post a mockup
otherwise I'm just going to use the default status screen with additional info)

edit: delayed due to halloween party preparations, can you wait till t'morrah?

currently will allow you to configure:
enemy or troop kill tracking (whether counter gets ++ from enemies or troops)
party or actor kill counters (whether each actor gets a counter or the entire party does)
display name in status screen (self-explanitory)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:49:45 PM by NAMKCOR »

Ero Senin
yeh i can wait, no probs :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
do you want to post a mockup for the status screen or not?

Ero Senin
im not too bothered about the look of it yet :), do whatevers easiest

Ero Senin
any progress?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
sorry, having trouble figuring out where to put the damn incrementor part of it >.<
the configuration is all set, easy and clean, just need to figure out where I can put the damn counter increase for individual enemies...

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I've no experience with battle scripts, but couldn't you look for where it says something like, $scene = Scene_Map and put it near there?

Or have you tried that?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
nono, it's a kill counter for battle
so I need to put an incrementor in 2 places

the first is for if they decide to have individual enemies increment the counter (no idea)
the second is if they want the troops to increment the counter (battle result window)

Rep:
Level 97
I would consider the item/skill/attack effect methods of game_battler.

Another feasible option would be this method in Scene_Battle:

Code: [Select]
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Frame Update (main phase step 5 : damage display)
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def update_phase4_step5
    # Hide help window
    @help_window.visible = false
    # Refresh status window
    @status_window.refresh
    # Display damage
    for target in @target_battlers
      if target.damage != nil
        target.damage_pop = true
      end
    end
    # Shift to step 6
    @phase4_step = 6
  end

In either case it would just involve going through the targets, seeing if they have no hp, and adding them if they do not. You have to make an exception, I think, for skills that target all and resurrection skills.
The reason I suggest Game_Battler methods is because:

A) It will work with more then the default Battle System
B) Very easy to make the exceptions. All you need to do is alias the original methods, check their health before it goes through. If it is at 0 after running the original method, and it wasn't before, then you add them. The only problem is that I don't think that there is a 'user' argument for items, so you would need to find a clever way to do it for items.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
well ressurection doesn't really matter, it's a kill counter, so you gain per kill regardless of if they stay dead.

thanks for the advice tho, I'll see what I can do there

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
nono, it's a kill counter for battle

Yeah, I meant in the Battle scripts :D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
sorry it's not done yet, but I'm being tripped up by that one part...that and my VM crashing and me having to restore all the data

ANNOUNCEMENT
I'm entered in Blizzard's Blizz-ABS Sample Game contest
I'm going to be working on it until the submission date of 12/15/2007
so my script requests will be delayed until past then