RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Oh Boy. The Third WoW Expansion.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm

I stumbled across this as I was looking for a Blood Mage picture to suit my Halloween costume.

Discuss.

First - WoW
First Expansion - The Burning Crusade
Second Expansion - Wrath of the Lich King
Third Expansion - Cataclysm
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol, kind of absurd I think. I don't know a whole lot about the over all story of WoW, but my roommates seem to know more about it than me and all I hear them complain about is how they're randomly resurrecting some boss from waaaaaaay back in the day or something. Also, the only change i was glad about hearing with this is that you can use flying mounts in azeroth now instead of in outlands and where ever the WotLK added. I originally hoped that you could fly in azeroth from BC, but you couldn't. Also, I hear that to continue playing WoW, that Cataclysm is a required update since it majorly changes azeroth to like wastelands and shit or something. I can't even imagine how long that'll all take to install and update if you're still on BC. ( i stopped like a month before WotLK released. ) Also, i would imagine that all the easteregg places that people originally would climb to are now accessible through flying mounts. I remember hearing about a developer egg that was like a spirit healer somewhere random outside of the game's boundaries with a marker to pay tribute to someone on the team that died or something. I would assume you could get there now with a flying mount or they might remove it so it doesnt become overly populated and what-not. Idk. Kinda crazy, but i though blizzard already ran out of WoW ideas.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You can never run out of ideas when you're making moniez out of it.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Especially if it's an MMORPG.
Hi

Rep:
Level 89
I'm actually looking forward to it.
Will be nice to be back on the original continents again.
And from what i hear they are making it so you can't fly everywhere, like they did in Outland and Northrend. And they aren't just randomly resurrecting the boss as I'm sure they will find a way for it to tie into the storyline somehow.
But yeah, kinda looking forward to this :)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I still think Worgen is the most retarded race choice ever. I think I'm going to wait until they're done expanding on it before I get back into WoW though. Makes more sense that way to me.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
wait until they're done expanding on it

Have fun waiting forever.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I am really unhappy about it. Not only do I HAVE  to buy a new program, but all the places I loved going to are ruined and funky. I like it the way it is! They're gonna ruin my happy little world! Blizzard can kiss my ass, I don't like it. And as a guildmaster, how many guidies am I gonna lose cuz they don't want to buy another expansion? I think it sucks.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
Actually, I like the Worgen. Too bad they can't replace it with the shitty ass faggot weakling goblins that the Horde get - Not even the good goblins - FARMER goblins.

Fuck WoW, 5 years of my life wasted on a never ending vicious cycle of fucking people over with stupid shit.

Oh, and fuck the storyline. The "boss" they are resurrecting? No, fuck you, it is not a BOSS from the shitty ass WoW "storyline", it is in fact a very powerful dragon called Deathwing who was the most feared dragon and it took Alexstrazia and her brood to even bring him down. This bullshit they have now of bringing him back is fucking retarded.

Sorry about the massive amounts of fucks and rages, but I despise what they have done ever since Burning Crusade came out.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
And another thing! I haven't even gotten to WotLK content, how the heck am I gonna know the difference now?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I thought you were a guild leader :X

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I am. Oh, the low level... yeah, it's a young guild. Nobody over L38 yet. I thought it would be fun and I guess 10 people agreed.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ohhh. Sorry, I just assume that a guild leader means automatically lvl80 and endgame etc. Considering I never played WotLK, I was end game in BC. I was the actual guild leader, but there were 3 members including myself that made up like a council in our guild. We were all just really high ranking officers and also friends of mine. The 3 of us made the decisions and stuff. I just happened to be the one that could disband the guild if I had wanted to. I played end game too long

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Sounds laid back. That's kinda the point with our guild, too. A RP guild for lower level guys who want to build a guild nice and slow from the ground up. Oh yeah, we're all forsaken. I thought it would be a nice change from all the "let's pwn every1 NOW" guilds.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Actually, I like the Worgen. Too bad they can't replace it with the shitty ass faggot weakling goblins that the Horde get - Not even the good goblins - FARMER goblins.

I figured you'd hate the Worgen too, since they make absolutely no sense in the "lore." I've been saying furbolg furbolg furbolg ever since I started playing. They're already friends with the night elves, and they're intelligent enough to speak Common. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Worgen were humans who thought they were better than everyone else so left the alliance, then got cursed and crawled back like cowards.  It makes sense with the lore.  As far as goblins go, I know some people that have been wanting to be gobs since vanilla, so they're excited about it.

I'd explain Nelfarion/Deathwing's story in more detail than Redwyn's rage attempted, but I don't want to bore people any more than I might have already.

Also, As far as buying a new program, you don't have to.  Expansions aren't required to get the latest patch so that your game system is up to date, and when cataclysm comes out you'll just patch and the world will look different, you just won't be able to access the new areas, the new races, or the new level cap.  In other words, nobody is still playing "in BC" because everyone has system patch up to 3.2.whatever.  It's just that they can't see/do everything without the expansion packs installed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:27:29 PM by ??????? »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I still don't know why I posted this because I don't even play WoW x.x
Hi

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah it's been news for a while too, I've had to listen to people bitching constantly ever since Blizz revealed it at BlizzCon this year.  I'm reserving judgment until I can actually get my hands on a copy and see what's up.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Meh, I guess I'll try it out before I give up on it. I just read that I have to convert my WoW account to a Battle.Net account, I wonder what's up with that. Doesn't sound bad or anything, just curious as to why. I suppose I'll see once I have time to actually do it.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Honestly, i'm just excited about Goblins, Flying Mounts in Azeroth and the class changes, pretty much all of them, especially Human Hunters.

The rest of it I could care less about.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Meh, I guess I'll try it out before I give up on it. I just read that I have to convert my WoW account to a Battle.Net account, I wonder what's up with that. Doesn't sound bad or anything, just curious as to why. I suppose I'll see once I have time to actually do it.

it's more secure.
Blizzard is trying to stem the flow of hack incidents.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Ah. In that case, I'm all for it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
How will that work for private servers?
I never could get into the WoW story, either it was never made accessible enough or I just ignored it I do not know.
However I really like the story that goes along with the Warcraft 2 missions, it's not much but it makes you feel as if you're fighting for something. WCIII's was pretty good too, but none of them were anything to write home about.

Goblin is a race I always wanted because they're sooooo much fun. So it's really cool that they're finally making them playable.
I do agree that it's kind of strange that they're revamping the world.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, I can't wait to hear some goblin voice emotes!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I never could get into the WoW story, either it was never made accessible enough or I just ignored it I do not know.
However I really like the story that goes along with the Warcraft 2 missions, it's not much but it makes you feel as if you're fighting for something. WCIII's was pretty good too, but none of them were anything to write home about.

Goblin is a race I always wanted because they're sooooo much fun. So it's really cool that they're finally making them playable.
I do agree that it's kind of strange that they're revamping the world.

Private servers are illegal, so I can't see Blizzard doing anything to make it easier on them.

WCIII had a great story imo, and if you pay attention to main quest lines and instances and stuff in WoW you can get bits of story, but they really don't push it very much.

as far as it being strange that they're revamping things; I really don't agree.  Old Azeroth has become somewhat of a ghost town.  Content that people use and then leave, it's stagnant and boring, and has been for years.  I like that they're making the old world part of endgame as much as outland and northrend are, it brings things full circle, and gives the population of the game more area to explore and interact with, rather than keeping most of the level 80's in a capital city and on a single continent with no content for them elsewhere.  I feel it's a step in the right direction.

That, and they're revamping a lot of the game's core systems as well.  Cataclysm is less of just another expansion, and more of a WoW version 2.0.  Hell they're going to have to redo almost every piece of armor in the game, every single class talent tree, probably a shitload of skills, it'll be like playing a brand new game once Cataclysm occurs.

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to see the barrens burn.  I always hated the barrens.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Private servers are illegal, so I can't see Blizzard doing anything to make it easier on them.

WCIII had a great story imo, and if you pay attention to main quest lines and instances and stuff in WoW you can get bits of story, but they really don't push it very much.

as far as it being strange that they're revamping things; I really don't agree.  Old Azeroth has become somewhat of a ghost town.  Content that people use and then leave, it's stagnant and boring, and has been for years.  I like that they're making the old world part of endgame as much as outland and northrend are, it brings things full circle, and gives the population of the game more area to explore and interact with, rather than keeping most of the level 80's in a capital city and on a single continent with no content for them elsewhere.  I feel it's a step in the right direction.

That, and they're revamping a lot of the game's core systems as well.  Cataclysm is less of just another expansion, and more of a WoW version 2.0.  Hell they're going to have to redo almost every piece of armor in the game, every single class talent tree, probably a shitload of skills, it'll be like playing a brand new game once Cataclysm occurs.

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to see the barrens burn.  I always hated the barrens.

Well no shit.

It was very fleshed out, and it's kind of a shame they let most of it go to waste.

WoW 2.0 is exactly what I was thinking, because it'd make a lot more sense for them to just update everything.

What exactly is the barrens? Because what I'm thinking of shouldn't be able to burn unless it's like entirely engulfed in flames.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Barrens? Just SW of Orgrimmar. It's a big savannah, highly flammable.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I agree with the first part. I never really played the missions. :P But, like SJR, I felt like the story wasn't made too accessible, like the StarCraft story. Both the WCIII and SC story intrigue me, and I want to read about them, but I just don't know where to look ;-;

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
What exactly is the barrens? Because what I'm thinking of shouldn't be able to burn unless it's like entirely engulfed in flames.

How does one not know about The Barrens even if you don't play WoW? I mean...really...?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

How does one not know about The Barrens even if you don't play WoW? I mean...really...?

Having only friends that go outside?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol who does that? :V

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Outside? THE SUN IS OUT THERE, YOU FOOL! The sun is the source of cancer! I don't want cancer, so I'm gonna stay inside and avoid that big mean glowy thing.

And play WoW.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I was unsure about the barrens, the part about it burning confused me because there's like two tumble weeds in the place and then rest is dirt? Hence "engulfed in flames". There's a palm I think...

I agree with the first part. I never really played the missions. :P But, like SJR, I felt like the story wasn't made too accessible, like the StarCraft story. Both the WCIII and SC story intrigue me, and I want to read about them, but I just don't know where to look ;-;

WCIII's story was easy to follow, but I do agree Starcraft's missions were more about the mission on hand and never really the story behind it. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played SC in a while.
And I second that last part as well.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Nah, it's because I remember reading in one of the handbooks for WCIII, when I bought it, stories about the Legion and Night Elf. Like, stories how Illidan used some magic with World Tree water or something then Furion got furious, and etc. It was pretty cool.

Of course, I didn't play the missions, so I don't know if that scene or whatnot was explained. From what I remember, you start out chasing Illidan.

Also, yeah, the SC missions were mostly about the missions. If you're new to SC, most people recommend playing the missions because they help you to familiarize with the units and buildings and stuff.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

Private Servers use a different Login Server. Won't even matter or effect them at all, unless they were logging in through Blizzards, which wouldn't even make sense or work.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Private Servers use a different Login Server. Won't even matter or effect them at all, unless they were logging in through Blizzards, which wouldn't even make sense or work.

Actually it's a pretty silly question now, I don't even know why that didn't click. d'oh.
But what I meant is, the game is eventually going to be patched to log into battle.net accounts.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

There are shirts you can buy at Hot Topic and other places that reference a lot of the Barrens. I bet people wear shirts. I bet people that play WoW occasionally wear WoW shirts. OH GOD NO. THE OUTSIDE YOU SAY? IS THIS SPEAK OF WoW ACTUALLY NOT IN THE GAME?? HAR HAR. come on bio, don't be a dick bag all the time.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Nah, it's because I remember reading in one of the handbooks for WCIII, when I bought it, stories about the Legion and Night Elf. Like, stories how Illidan used some magic with World Tree water or something then Furion got furious, and etc. It was pretty cool.

Of course, I didn't play the missions, so I don't know if that scene or whatnot was explained. From what I remember, you start out chasing Illidan.

Also, yeah, the SC missions were mostly about the missions. If you're new to SC, most people recommend playing the missions because they help you to familiarize with the units and buildings and stuff.

The thing about WC3 and SC's storylines are that they don't just give you the stuff.  You actually play through it.  When there's the part with you chasing Illidan, you are actually the troops on the hunt.  When Arthas is killing everyone in Stratholme it doesn't just say he did it, you actually -do it-.

Same with Starcraft.  There's pre-mission explanations of what's going to happen, and then you go through it and make it happen.  The plot isn't hard to get to, you just need to not skip through the text between missions.

Also, there's a Warcraft book series as well, for those that want to read about the stuff that happened pre-WCIII and stuff.  They're actually pretty good.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I have one, Lord of the Clans....it's like one of the books that came out before WCIII. I never finished more than two chapters but I might start reading it again.

I dunno, SC was never my favorite. I did listen to all the briefings from what I had played and I still didn't get too much story. I have a feeling it didn't get real good until you got towards the end of each campaign.
WCII there's a neat-o mission where you're controlling just a handful of grunts, some trolls and some ogres and you have to make your way to the end of the map, I ran through the end because I only had one guy left. xD

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah Starcraft's story in the terran campaign is kinda bland, but it gets really awesome once you start the zerg campaign, and the protoss campaign is pretty sweet too.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Can I be a hobbit? Or maybe a Time Lord. My race would be Time Lord and my Class would be RO is a much better MMO.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Why is your avatar a blood elf then...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Why is your avatar a blood elf then...

Possibly because Warcraft existed 10 years before WoW...
Blood Elves were introduced as playable characters with Frozen Throne (that came out in 03 I think, so it's a six year old game). IMO they are much cooler than Night Elves, I kind of dislike Night Elves. They do have some fantastic strategies but I'm an Orc guy myself.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
r

Possibly because Warcraft existed 10 years before WoW...
Blood Elves were introduced as playable characters with Frozen Throne (that came out in 03 I think, so it's a six year old game). IMO they are much cooler than Night Elves, I kind of dislike Night Elves. They do have some fantastic strategies but I'm an Orc guy myself.
I thought RoC came out in 03, and TFT in 05.

I like the Night Elves :3

Also we are getting kind of off topic.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:17:26 PM by Kael »
Hi

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I thought RoC came out in 03, and TFT in 05.

I like the Night Elves :3

Also we are getting kind of off topic.

Nope. Just checked: RoC '02 - TFT '03.

Anyhow I think we got off topic three pages ago. o.O

Speaking of races, what are you favorite races in WoW?
Dwarf > Troll > Gnome > Night Elf > Blood Elf (I really like Night Elves in WoW for some reason) > Orc > Undead > Human. I've never messed around with Dranei (sp?) or Tauren (sp..?) so I can't say what I think of them.
My favorite class would be Hunter, I like my Dwarf Hunter quite a bit.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Horde > Alliance
I prefer Blood Elves, Forsaken, and Trolls.

also: topic only has 2 pages.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:23:01 AM by The Spy »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I am all about the Forsaken. I built a guild around them. Sure, we're a bit limited, but there's nothing like a bunch of ghouls in matching tabards running across the fields, eating their opponents.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female MemberLO !!^_________________^f*ck u >:(
All I do now is play WoW :( It's a life-eater.

I only started playing a little before patch 3.2, but even since then they've made the game easier and easier. As well as reducing the cost and req. level for getting mounts (from 40 to 20 for a 60% ground speed increase mount and 60 to 40 for the 100% ground speed increase mount), Blizz's also introduced a new 5-man, Trial of the Champion (more like Trial of the Loot Pinata), where you basically can spend less than 20 minutes getting ilvl200-219 gear that pretty much outclasses most of the stuff from both the 10-man and 25-man Naxxramas raids. You also don't really have to do Ulduar 10 anymore.

Also, you know all that ATP, SP, armor pen., block, defense, and haste you worried about getting and probably shelled out a good deal of g to gem for? They're getting rid of it in the expac to "simplify stats."

I understand trying to make the game more accessible to people, but leveling and gearing is a complete joke now, and it's supposed to be even jokier when the expansion hits.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female MemberLO !!^_________________^f*ck u >:(
They are balancing out pvp though, at least.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

There's still plenty of progression, and Naxx/Ulduar are good precursors to ToC10/25 because ToC might drop Naxx equivalent gear, but there's a lot more chances to get gear in Naxx, and you can't gear a character entirely in ToC.  (Unless you really don't get bored and only want emblem of conquest gear)

Not only that but ToC10/25 is the current most difficult raid in the game, which pretty much requires that you be armed to the teeth and know what you're doing.  Trust me, I've been in it.  So Ulduar is in no way useless atm.

60% and 100% ground mounts aren't really spectacular anymore, I see no problem with letting people get them at lower levels and cheaper, now you can actually enjoy having them for a period of time before upgrading to the next mount, rather than working your ass off for 40 levels, then suddenly going through mounts left and right without the chance to have enjoy actually having them.

They're also not getting rid of the stats, they're just moving them off gear.  Now stats like that are going to be put in your talent trees.  Each tree will have a few stats that it buffs for you, and when you put more points into the trees, the stat bonuses increase.  There will also be a stat on gear called "Mastery" which increases the stat bonuses of your main spec tree.  So they're not really simplifying the stat system, just simplifying the application of it.

They are balancing out pvp though, at least.

They aren't balancing anything until Paladins get weaker bubbles.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:49:59 PM by The Spy »

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I remember two years ago or so I tried out the WoW trial, and I still don't understand how people get addicted to it.

Maybe because I had lag :|
Hi

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I remember two years ago or so I tried out the WoW trial, and I still don't understand how people get addicted to it.

Maybe because I had lag :|

I played legally during the Beta and on my brothers' accounts for a bit.
The thing about it is that there's so much to do, and people do all of it. Which is just crazy, but whatever; to each their own.

My problem with it is the grind. It's been said about a quadrillion times before so I don't think I need to say any more than that.
Can't say I feel guilty about playing on a private server since I play really only a couple times a year. I could count on a single hand the amount of times WoW.exe has been launched this year.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I find myself so absorbed in my RMVX project that I rarely log on, myself. It makes me feel bad, too, because I paid for this time I'm not using, but not having the option doesn't make me happy either!  :-\