RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Script Request: Battlebacks by Tileset ID

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
I know it is very, very early to ask for this, but is there a way I can share ideas for scripts? I say 'share ideas' because it might be stupid of me to do 'requests'. :P

e.g. It looks like Battlebacks can't be assigned to a particular troop. It would be cool to have it so that battlebacks can be assigned to a tileset-region.

I'm not sure how 'region' works. Can someone please explain.
Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just noticed the region setting (3 allowed per troop) under map properties. That's good enough for me....I think. Anyways, if there is any other use for the regions, I'd appreciate any info.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:56:15 PM by Seiryuki »

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPGVX Advanced (I Do Not Script Tough)
*sigh* i was so exited by the new RMVX but now i realize that i could'nt transer my RMVX project in it with my list of script of 2KM  :'(

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
What we may need is all the current vx scripts to be converted to vxa.......

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
What we may need is all the current vx scripts to be converted to vxa.......
Most likely we won't be able to get all converted, but some of the more cooler ones I'd like to see in VXA. That's why I mentioned a section listing compatible, and even converted, scripts.

I've decided to stick with VX on my current project mainly because of the scripts. I'd have to wait too long for scripts important to my project like MiniMap, Battlebacks per troop, Counter attack, Fusion/Disassemble items/skills etc. I had hoped that vxa was similar to vx so that scripts can be easily converted with minor changes, but I guess that's not the case.

Rep:
Level 65
Not converted, but maybe rewrited.

Seiryuki your request is something that I see coming.
I found very stupid that now that you can choose your background they are still randomized :S.

Maps and Tilesets now have noteboxes so I believe that someone can do a script that attach those backgrounds according to a terrain priority or something like that. I've already seen many similar scripts for VX in which the battle background change according to the area or to map ID.

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
In addition to having battlebacks by tileset ID, having battlebacks by troop ID would mean that I have more control over certain special troops like bosses, which tend to need a specific battleback to feel impressive.

Summary:
1. Battleback by troop ID
2. Battleback by tileset ID/terrain tag

Rep:
Level 65
Mmm. If it is by bosses on special rooms you can set a battle background on the map menu.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Assuming it would be generated through an event, you could also just manually change the battleback directly with its event command before entering the battle.

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Assuming it would be generated through an event, you could also just manually change the battleback directly with its event command before entering the battle.
Man I didn't see that there! Thanks so much modern_algebra. I find it difficult to play around with these trials and so I'm ashamed when I miss out on these obvious features. :-[
It solves the problem with event-encounters. Having a battleback per troop ID can solve the random encounters because I don't mind manually setting each troop as well as duplicating them. Combining that with region-specific troops would work well.

However, what oriceles said about the region/terrain tagged based battlebacks per tileset would make for a more varied battle experience because then you can make it so that a battle background matches the tile-area the encounter happened.....just for a realistic feel. Although, I may not make much use for such a script as it might be too much to set up for every map and tileset.