RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How can i put it into .EXE? [RPGmakerXPedition]

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Well im done my DEMO of my game, and i want it to be on .EXE and it to actually work.

Tried atempts:
1. Gave one file (game.exe). Failed
2. Gave all Files (Game.Rar) Failed

How i know?:

gave to "two" people to try it and see if it works.

So...how can i put it into an EXE and actually works?

im using RPG MAKER XP special editon from this site.
Ownage Teh Pwnage Pwned u

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: mehrdad
Well im done my DEMO of my game, and i want it to be on .EXE and it to actually work.

Tried atempts:
1. Gave one file (game.exe). Failed
2. Gave all Files (Game.Rar) Failed

How i know?:

gave to "two" people to try it and see if it works.

So...how can i put it into an EXE and actually works?

im using RPG MAKER XP special editon from this site.

lol, that's not a special edition, it's a cracked version of the japanese version. Try using the legal version from Download.com, search Rpg Maker  XP.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

no way man, i made my demo and i aint doing it again. i want to know how to make it workable for others ok, ty but if its imposible to work it then, then ill problly concider it ok.

*sorry for being rude...im just kinda mad because i cant let others play it*

so...how can i work it.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: mehrdad
no way man, i made my demo and i aint doing it again. i want to know how to make it workable for others ok, ty but if its imposible to work it then, then ill problly concider it ok.

*sorry for being rude...im just kinda mad because i cant let others play it*

so...how can i work it.

dude you wont have to start over again, just back up the project files, download rmxp from download.com(which wont delete postality) and open the project in the legal version. Then delete postality.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 91
-.-

making it clear:
a. include all the files, images and what not you made in the game
b. add the dll and make sure they put it in windows\system32

upon failing, get sick of it and command them to dl p.knights on their own, then it will work unless you added extra stuff from outside rtp and forgot to add them -.-

(you will encounter the same problem sending files you made in the legal version, but you can't expect people to buy the legal version to play your game in the worse case now can you?)
holy shit my sig was big!

so your telling me i cant make it into an working file for others to work?

Rep:
Level 91
no... i am telling you that if you want it to work then you need to include a dll file and tell them to install it as well as include every file you used in the making (pictures ,musics, whateva)

i did, i gave every bit of file on the game, and it still didnt work. i put it all together in an RAR. and then gave the file they opened it and then there is one file that has everything and then opened it and boom every file came in one folder and the game.exe thing was there and when they clicked on it, it still didn't work.

Rep:
Level 91
remember- the normal rtp IS NOT AUTOMATICLY IN THE PROJECT FOLDERS so you gonna have to get it from the main p.knights folder

and don't forget the dll file, most people forget it, and those who don't seem to forget about telling the user to put the dll in windows\system32 folder

What if you just make a game disk?

Whoa whoa whoa!!! you mean that I cant make a demo at all with p.knights? or I have to include all of the files and I'm fine? Also how do I make a demo, or put all of the game files itno whatever it needs to do to make it a exe, rar, zip or whatever(which one is it). How do I do any of that stuff? I thougt you just clicked make game disk.
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
OMG people, actually READ what blue is saying, it isn't that difficult.  :roll:
:tinysmile:

Im sorry, its just that I have no clue what I'm doing when it cpmes to this stuff.  :oops:
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

Quote from: blueXx
remember- the normal rtp IS NOT AUTOMATICLY IN THE PROJECT FOLDERS so you gonna have to get it from the main p.knights folder

and don't forget the dll file, most people forget it, and those who don't seem to forget about telling the user to put the dll in windows\system32 folder

please i have no clue what you are talking about, im a n00b at this so please explain noobie and breif and understandable. ty.

Rep:
Level 91
Oo
i don't know how can i possibly explain it more simple

i'll give you another way instead:

simply tell the players of your game to download p.knights and then they will be able to play it without you having to do anything special Oo

there are alot of topics about it, use the search button and i am sure you can find one that is explained better, if not then use the easy way Oo p.knights is only 20mb

Rep:
Level 90
tep 1-or u could do it without the rtp and anyone can play it without doing anything installing anything all u do is open up your progect then u should see the tab that syays game click that tab then u should see rtp selection click that then set all of them to none.
step 2 -open my computer up click the c drive and then from there open up the games folder then u should see the RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition ENHANCED folder open it then open up your progect folder were ever u saved it and from the rpgmxp folder copy the graphics folder into your progects folder it will ask u theres one that already exsits do u whant to replace it say yes and do the same to the audio folder and just in case copy the system folder to and your done.now anyone can play your game all they have to do is open up your project folder and click the icon that looks like a sun its called game if they click that they can play it .
but if u add more stuff to your game like cahretersets and music u have to put it in your progect folder to .i kniw long thing but it works .u can save your progect folder to a disk and then u can hand it out just tell them how to play it. make sure u do all of it or it wont work
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: wildrj
tep 1-or u could do it without the rtp and anyone can play it without doing anything installing anything all u do is open up your progect then u should see the tab that syays game click that tab then u should see rtp selection click that then set all of them to none.
step 2 -open my computer up click the c drive and then from there open up the games folder then u should see the RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition ENHANCED folder open it then open up your progect folder were ever u saved it and from the rpgmxp folder copy the graphics folder into your progects folder it will ask u theres one that already exsits do u whant to replace it say yes and do the same to the audio folder and just in case copy the system folder to and your done.now anyone can play your game all they have to do is open up your project folder and click the icon that looks like a sun its called game if they click that they can play it .
but if u add more stuff to your game like cahretersets and music u have to put it in your progect folder to .i kniw long thing but it works .u can save your progect folder to a disk and then u can hand it out just tell them how to play it. make sure u do all of it or it wont work

you are missing 1 important thing...
they can't open it without the dll -.-
(found in windows\system32 folder, it's rgss something.dll, it has to be included and anyone without already installed p.knights/normal rmxp, WILL HAVE TO PUT THEM IN THEIR OWN windows\system32 folder, otherwise it won't work)

Rep:
Level 90
wrong try it on another com without the dll folder i did and it worked fine at my school on all of it coms so the dll is not important uf u set the games rtp to none .just try it will work its working for mine and i use p.kinghts no dll needed  :)
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep:
Level 91
meh, i tried it and failed -.-
maybe your school pcs are magical?
(or maybe my pc sux so bad.. wait.. i already knew that one <<)

whats so horrible about a 1kb dll file anyways? Oo

Quote from: wildrj

dude, i made my game, i put it into a Game disk [rpgmaker...file...game disk.]  i handed it out [i gave all files in one folder] and it still dont work for others.

Rep:
Level 90
u dont make a game disk man u just hand out the folder u can find a way to chose to hide the other folder like grafichs and music if u chose but all u do is copy your progect folder onto a disk and then tell them to click the sun icon dang in the instructions i didnt say make a game disk man.schools dont like when u mess with there pcs they think im giving it a virus or something .
Yay i got a zoo sort of