RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Whats the difference?..

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Ok, saw this on another resource site. The guy requested a sprite, and the artist asked him which "kind" of sprite? And gave examples like: "RTP, Half Kaizer, Kaeru Sama", whats the differnce? Or is it more of a style difference than a type, coz i saw that Kaeru Sama is actually a poster on that forum. Any insight on this?

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
RTP is like the original files that come with rpg maker.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

like or is?

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
is -.-
(so when asked for this type of kaiser, every charset in rtp is builded from the same 2 kaisers, male and female)
holy shit my sig was big!

Kewl, thanks.
Any idea about the rest?

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
half is.. a short one.. and the last err.. something made by someone named kaeru sama? Oo (i suppose they mean something that is not the other 2, like er.. a big one..)

Lol, ok.
So a kaizer is like a small character set? or is it that half means a small kaizer and you dont know what a kaizer is (I dont know either)?

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
kaizer = naked charset (that's why it's not called charset.. it's naked)
(here have some charset hentai:
http://www.alisachristopher.us/rmxp/CHTemplates.html )

and half kaizer = short kaizer Oo

I see....
Ok, so i wont be requesting Kaizers then...
Thanks, that helps a lot ^^

PH34R T3H L33T

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Nonono...

Kaiser - Large spriting template

HalfKaiser - Large spriting template, yet not as large as the Kaiser, so it can be used with rtp tilesets

RTP - files included with rmxp

Kaeru Sama - more realistic charaset style

MiniKaiser - what you refered to as the halfkaiser (which is wrong btw XD), it's basicly a kaiser sprite shrunk

MiniHalfKaiser - same basic idea

and there's many other templates

Half kaiser is way better than kaiser and rtp. (though made by the same person; halfkaiser and kaiser that is)

I personaly perfer the Half Kaiser template.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Thanks so much for clearing and straightaning(sp) that out Tsu ^.^

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
hmm.. ok... so er.. why would anyone want ones so big they can't be used with rtp tilesets? Oo
meh.. so strange..

heh well.. guess i still have no idea what kaisers mean  :^^:

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Those that make their own tilesets may have their uses.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club